What about making T-55AM merida a Good optics recon tank?

User avatar
Narcissistic Black
Major
Posts: 1892
Joined: Tue 14 Jan 2014 01:58
Contact:

Re: What about making T-55AM merida a Good optics recon tank?

Postby Narcissistic Black » Wed 2 Dec 2015 08:25

Fade2Gray wrote:
Mike wrote:
Narcissistic Black wrote:Did it for wished dreams. I don't think people like it though.


Why don't they like it?


If I had to guess why?

HATO DOESN'T NEED ANYMORE BUFFS!!!1


Well that, and the main complaint I remember hearing was that "NATO/HATO/OTAN" doesn't need to build recon anymore with their tanks even though we all know people don't use anything less than Exceptional or Very Good optic units because good optics for recon is apparently unacceptable and useless according to most people. But you know the second you slap it on a tank though its unacceptable,overpowered, and game breaking.
The First Narcissist
Image
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

codextero
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 2334
Joined: Sat 13 Dec 2014 02:52
Contact:

Re: What about making T-55AM merida a Good optics recon tank?

Postby codextero » Wed 2 Dec 2015 09:00

Narcissistic Black wrote:Well that, and the main complaint I remember hearing was that "NATO/HATO/OTAN" doesn't need to build recon anymore with their tanks even though we all know people don't use anything less than Exceptional or Very Good optic units because good optics for recon is apparently unacceptable and useless according to most people. But you know the second you slap it on a tank though its unacceptable,overpowered, and game breaking.


depends on what kind of tank it's on.

Nobody says the T-55/Leo 1 scouts are OP, but what if it's on say, an M1A2, the tank most justified to get good optics due to it's CITV. Heavy tank recons would be able to bully out all other recon from key positioning, and be able to do hunter/killer tasks by itself, which is kinda why the US put M1's into cav units. Reconnaissance in force and all that.

User avatar
Narcissistic Black
Major
Posts: 1892
Joined: Tue 14 Jan 2014 01:58
Contact:

Re: What about making T-55AM merida a Good optics recon tank?

Postby Narcissistic Black » Wed 2 Dec 2015 10:55

codextero wrote:
Narcissistic Black wrote:Well that, and the main complaint I remember hearing was that "NATO/HATO/OTAN" doesn't need to build recon anymore with their tanks even though we all know people don't use anything less than Exceptional or Very Good optic units because good optics for recon is apparently unacceptable and useless according to most people. But you know the second you slap it on a tank though its unacceptable,overpowered, and game breaking.


depends on what kind of tank it's on.

Nobody says the T-55/Leo 1 scouts are OP, but what if it's on say, an M1A2, the tank most justified to get good optics due to it's CITV. Heavy tank recons would be able to bully out all other recon from key positioning, and be able to do hunter/killer tasks by itself, which is kinda why the US put M1's into cav units. Reconnaissance in force and all that.



No one said they were OP? Unauthentic (Talking about you T-55 Recon) but not OP. Also that argument about Superheavies because of good positioning could decimate with good optics is over exaggerated and tad ridiculous considering almost any recon besides some low tier optic ones would out preform them and even with out good optics good positioning of units tends to make them preform dramatically better as side armor and back armor are very vulnerable when it comes to vehicles/tanks.

Extra Comments.
T-55 recon was never a thing IRL that or its a crazy guarded secret because reverend and I couldn't find anything on recon T-55s being a thing. Pact already had a recon tank IRL and in game the PT-76 series. So T-55 Recon is rather unauthentic. Leopard 1 recon was a thing though.
The First Narcissist
Image
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

User avatar
integ3r
Lieutenant
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon 3 Jun 2013 03:10
Contact:

Re: What about making T-55AM merida a Good optics recon tank?

Postby integ3r » Wed 2 Dec 2015 11:27

Narcissistic Black wrote:Well that, and the main complaint I remember hearing was that "NATO/HATO/OTAN" doesn't need to build recon anymore with their tanks even though we all know people don't use anything less than Exceptional or Very Good optic units because good optics for recon is apparently unacceptable and useless according to most people. But you know the second you slap it on a tank though its unacceptable,overpowered, and game breaking.


The issue is that you have to get waaay too close for Good optics to spot anything. So close that anything that's hiding will shoot at you before you can see it. In the case of an opposing recon unit, like say a Hachi-nana, then it'll shoot at you and you won't even see it.

So anything with Good would naturally require armor to be able to get close without being outright killed by whatever it's trying to spot.

Thus it's a good fit for some light tanks I think. Leopard 1 is a pretty good recon tank for what it's worth. Cheap, has some armor, has good optics, has stabilizer so it can constantly charge a woodline and fire with increasing accuracy. It's the kind of thing we need a bit more of I should say. The basic T-55 however just does not have the stats to get the job done.
"How do into gaem of war? How 2 git gud?":
Spoiler : :

User avatar
Razzmann
General
Posts: 7497
Joined: Fri 7 Mar 2014 15:29
Location: The land of flowing beer and Sauerkraut.
Contact:

Re: What about making T-55AM merida a Good optics recon tank?

Postby Razzmann » Wed 2 Dec 2015 11:51

CornProducts wrote:3. I don't speak a word of Czech or Slovak.

Wha...wha...what!? Bu...but I... I just can't....
My... whole life has been a lie. Everything I achieved was based on.... on you speaking Czech...

User avatar
molnibalage
General
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu 1 Aug 2013 22:54
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Re: What about making T-55AM merida a Good optics recon tank?

Postby molnibalage » Wed 2 Dec 2015 12:14

DeckCheney wrote:Give all tanks with thermals good optics?

It would make simply useless lots of recon units.

User avatar
Narcissistic Black
Major
Posts: 1892
Joined: Tue 14 Jan 2014 01:58
Contact:

Re: What about making T-55AM merida a Good optics recon tank?

Postby Narcissistic Black » Wed 2 Dec 2015 13:06

molnibalage wrote:
DeckCheney wrote:Give all tanks with thermals good optics?

It would make simply useless lots of recon units.


Care to provide some examples?
The First Narcissist
Image
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

User avatar
molnibalage
General
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu 1 Aug 2013 22:54
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Re: What about making T-55AM merida a Good optics recon tank?

Postby molnibalage » Wed 2 Dec 2015 13:40

Narcissistic Black wrote:
molnibalage wrote:
DeckCheney wrote:Give all tanks with thermals good optics?

It would make simply useless lots of recon units.


Care to provide some examples?

For armored offensive even very cheap good optics recon units are mostly enough to uncover the concealed opponent in cover after the first shot has been fired. In case you have tanks with good optics you simply do not have to spend AP and CP to have recon capability, all of your unit would act as reacon.

I have to say and tank unit as a recon role is bad absraction. The FOV and scan+spot capability in tank in RL are terrible comparing to any foot soilder...

I have to say not tank recon should be buffed but ANY inf. should have at least good optics. This would make at least partially viable regular inf.

User avatar
DeckCheney
Colonel
Posts: 2732
Joined: Sun 16 Aug 2015 01:32
Location: The Feudal Kingdom of White Suburbia- Seattle
Contact:

Re: What about making T-55AM merida a Good optics recon tank?

Postby DeckCheney » Wed 2 Dec 2015 13:49

molnibalage wrote:
DeckCheney wrote:Give all tanks with thermals good optics?

It would make simply useless lots of recon units.


All your tanks woth thermals/modern optics are going to be +100pts tanks. There isn't any redundancy.
The USA is #1 exporter of freedom!
All other countries have inferior freedom!

User avatar
Azaz3l
Brigadier
Posts: 3295
Joined: Sat 1 Oct 2011 10:38
Location: Bus 410
Contact:

Re: What about making T-55AM merida a Good optics recon tank?

Postby Azaz3l » Wed 2 Dec 2015 13:52

DeckCheney wrote:Give all tanks with thermals good optics?

Then only tanks with 90s thermals should get it. 80s thermals weren't that good
M60A3 TTS
Image
Image

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests