What about making T-55AM merida a Good optics recon tank?

molnibalage
General

Re: What about making T-55AM merida a Good optics recon tank?

Postby molnibalage » Wed 2 Dec 2015 14:01

DeckCheney wrote:
molnibalage wrote:
DeckCheney wrote:Give all tanks with thermals good optics?

It would make simply useless lots of recon units.

All your tanks woth thermals/modern optics are going to be +100pts tanks. There isn't any redundancy.

Which means I can buy a MANPAN units rather buying the recon unit. This means OP. Is one of the oldest modeling aspect the NO ONE of units can have good optics or beter except units in REC tab. Messing with this base is very, very dangerous.

integ3r
Lieutenant

Postby integ3r » Wed 2 Dec 2015 14:19

Didn't SAS once upon a time have good optics in the INF tab? And by once I mean once in ALB beta.

Also, I don't support blanket changes like giving Good to everything and their mom. I just wanted it for Merida.

By extension I'd like to see med optics on some of the lighter tanks. We don't have centurion meta anymore so you can't exactly recon by suicide tanks anymore. We have recon by suicide line-inf so I'd actually prefer it if tanks could get in on that action. If it's gonna alleviate some sitzkrieg than I'm for it.
"How do into gaem of war? How 2 git gud?":
Spoiler : :

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Wed 2 Dec 2015 14:36

integ3r wrote:Didn't SAS once upon a time have good optics in the INF tab? And by once I mean once in ALB beta.

Also, I don't support blanket changes like giving Good to everything and their mom. I just wanted it for Merida.

By extension I'd like to see med optics on some of the lighter tanks. We don't have centurion meta anymore so you can't exactly recon by suicide tanks anymore. We have recon by suicide line-inf so I'd actually prefer it if tanks could get in on that action. If it's gonna alleviate some sitzkrieg than I'm for it.

SAS iirc in ALB were recon with very good optics.

Steamfunk
Lieutenant

Postby Steamfunk » Wed 2 Dec 2015 15:47

Then only tanks with 90s thermals should get it. 80s thermals weren't that good

Which is why they had LLTV, but we don't have any smoke grenades either. The whole point of recon in this game is to extend LOS, tank optics are basically a bonus. Units like the Longbow and Ka-52 completely mess with the game mechanics. If we had recon planes that could actually survive a few passes over the frontline, I'd have been more interested in RD.

Didn't SAS once upon a time have good optics in the INF tab

Spetsnaz also had this, back in EE.. that was when Spec Ops were realistic.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sat 5 Dec 2015 20:17

Fade2Gray wrote:All sorts of amazing suggestions popping up as of late.

Don't you need air quotes around "amazing"?
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Kastev
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Kastev » Sun 6 Dec 2015 04:47

integ3r wrote:Didn't SAS once upon a time have good optics in the INF tab? And by once I mean once in ALB beta.

They have good optics along with being classified as recon in European Escalation. Their launcher is complete ass though

And can someone tell me what flashbangs actually did in EE? Since there was no HE damage on them, and nothing to indicate they actually did anything?

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sun 6 Dec 2015 05:27

Kastev wrote:And can someone tell me what flashbangs actually did in EE? Since there was no HE damage on them, and nothing to indicate they actually did anything?

IIRC they stunned.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

MILINTarctrooper
Major

Postby MILINTarctrooper » Tue 8 Dec 2015 04:23

Xeno426 wrote:
Kastev wrote:And can someone tell me what flashbangs actually did in EE? Since there was no HE damage on them, and nothing to indicate they actually did anything?

IIRC they stunned.

Quite effectively especially against infantry.

Although I have been arguing in another vein...since ALB...alot of Very Good Optics options were degraded to Good Optics. Especially for Redfor.

Go play ALB and check the armory...the numbers of very good recon assets especially for DDR is interesting.

Play RD...almost all of them are nerfed to "good" status.
52.2% 1v1 Ranked 32.2% Multi since Open Beta.

damoj
Command Sergeant Major

Postby damoj » Mon 18 Dec 2017 02:10

1. Should the Czechoslovak T-55 Dyna get medium optics?

2. The only way of faithfully - for both realism and balance - implementing thermals is to have a separate HasThermals unit stat that prohibits information being granted by the thermals for functioning as "normal", universal optics info. TTS tanks that spot something with their thermals should not be allowed to give that info to nearby units or planes because:
i - imba
ii - no comprehensive, real-time thermal-sight information targeting system within time-frame
iii - unlikely that it's reasonable for an independent, non-command tank to be able to immediately share that info with others via radio-links

Therefore, TTS tanks will have an initial, independent edge in getting off the first shot and gathering information, but not so much that you can immediately mess up a push of multiple T-72s with one M1A2 and some fire support.

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Mon 18 Dec 2017 05:42

Wow, two years; is this a record?
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”