Fine-tuning NK/China

Sgt._Pepper
Lieutenant

Re: Fine-tuning NK/China

Postby Sgt._Pepper » Sat 11 Feb 2017 23:20

frostypooky wrote:as far as breaking TUGB into three, that would be ideal but I was also filtering the ideas through Eugen's balance logic in that I don't really see them incorporating more than 3 elite inf/rec squads for any given nation (all that comes to mind is USSR with GRU+VMF+regular Spetsnaz), esp one that has 40% bonus avail.

There is also the UK with Royal Marines, SAS and SBS. Royal Marines even has a 90'ies version so we get a total of 4 units. 3(or more) elite inf/recon units with 40 % avail bonus could of course lead to SF spam, but maybe that could be NK flavour? They have a shit ton of SF in real life.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Sat 11 Feb 2017 23:31

Sgt._Pepper wrote:
frostypooky wrote:as far as breaking TUGB into three, that would be ideal but I was also filtering the ideas through Eugen's balance logic in that I don't really see them incorporating more than 3 elite inf/rec squads for any given nation (all that comes to mind is USSR with GRU+VMF+regular Spetsnaz), esp one that has 40% bonus avail.

There is also the UK with Royal Marines, SAS and SBS. Royal Marines even has a 90'ies version so we get a total of 4 units. 3(or more) elite inf/recon units with 40 % avail bonus could of course lead to SF spam, but maybe that could be NK flavour? They have a shit ton of SF in real life.

This would be a good way to go about it. Lacks elsewhere can be compensated by extraordinary infantry selection.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

QUAD
Colonel

Postby QUAD » Sun 12 Feb 2017 00:44

Finnish Sissi have 3 card avail: just apply that to NK Special Forces, like Royal Marines.
Mobile Units Operational :!:

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Sun 12 Feb 2017 01:01

Make DPRK infantry a step faster by default/less affected by terrain penalties for movement? May not be as nice as training but would still differentiate them nicely
Projectnordic in game! will likely see you on pact/red dragons/french!

Tamerlane92
Corporal

Postby Tamerlane92 » Sun 12 Feb 2017 05:58

frostypooky wrote:I will agree too now that ive calmed down that Jo def has a more military slant than Ban even if they are superficially exchangeable, so Jo is better.
This is best and I didn't think of the German examples. I was also thinking 정찰국원 to reflect the hybrid spy/military nature of 정찰국 (that it shared with the 로동당 작전부 before they were merged) compared to the TUGB, if infantry Recon Bns were added.

It seems everything is cleared. Thanks for your patience and sorry for my reckless words and misreadings.

QUAD
Colonel

Postby QUAD » Sun 12 Feb 2017 06:24

hansbroger wrote:Make DPRK infantry a step faster by default/less affected by terrain penalties for movement? May not be as nice as training but would still differentiate them nicely

Wachregiment are the only non-light shock squad to have 30kph movement speed. IMO every coalition except the RD should have a "speed boosted" squad: the RD could get two.

Zanshi and Bochongsu both being 25 kph would be neat flavor, debatably useful however.
Mobile Units Operational :!:

CandyMan
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby CandyMan » Sun 12 Feb 2017 10:10

First and foremost should be adjusting the outlying low availability air cards of the DPRK.
Your standard pinko Commie swine...
Rabidnid wrote:NK has a veritable cornucopia of mediocrity to choose from when it comes to inexpensive vehicular recon!

axnone
First Sergeant

Postby axnone » Sun 12 Feb 2017 12:13

QUAD wrote:
hansbroger wrote:Make DPRK infantry a step faster by default/less affected by terrain penalties for movement? May not be as nice as training but would still differentiate them nicely

Wachregiment are the only non-light shock squad to have 30kph movement speed. IMO every coalition except the RD should have a "speed boosted" squad: the RD could get two.

Zanshi and Bochongsu both being 25 kph would be neat flavor, debatably useful however.

I was thinking about this idea as well, OK so NK doesn't have good weaponry,but they have excellent soft stats(speed, men per squad, ammo,etc. )
20 men militia anyone ? :lol:
二营长你他娘的PLZ-45呢,给我拉来!
Spoiler : :
A better Zhanshi`85(`90) for China!
RPG and\or price buff,Type 81 optional.
Dream come true?
:arrow: http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=59331#p1019327

PzAz04Maus
Lieutenant

Postby PzAz04Maus » Sun 12 Feb 2017 12:47

I've been trying to offer that sort of thing for them and other maneuver warfare style infantry for over a year now, I'd love to see it.

Also infantry do not have any terrain difficulty penalties. They get a morale penalty, however.

I was thinking about this idea as well, OK so NK doesn't have good weaponry,but they have excellent soft stats(speed, men per squad, ammo,etc. )
20 men militia anyone ? :lol:

Their training should reflect their reliance on sneaking around and dispersing to avoid higher tech firepower. Both the Chinese and North Koreans have more Vietnamese style skills than a lot of people give them credit for, particularly during the Korean war.

Tiera
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tiera » Sun 12 Feb 2017 15:06

QUAD wrote:IMO every coalition except the RD should have a "speed boosted" squad: the RD could get two.

NK "speed boosted" infantry is just realism after all... :mrgreen:

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”