Fine-tuning NK/China

keldon
Major

Re: Fine-tuning NK/China

Postby keldon » Thu 7 Dec 2017 19:12

another505 wrote:Is not just the MRAAM, but the SRAAM sucks too.... 10 accuracy deduction is huge...
I still prefer Su-27sk as air to air loadout, giving them 60 accuracy and be like su27s isnt even that powerful. Is just average. Still outmatched most of the time so it doesn't even take away the flavour of bad RD fighters. Just not crippling incompetent.
Jh-7 can be the big bomber.

Also, i got to say, the NK mig-29 isn't bad( or i meant, extremely bad i imagined to be) , now i've used it a bit more. In pure anti helo hunting and support to the my Su-27sk in my joke RD armor deck. The Mig-29 could just be cheaper, or that R-27 get an accuracy buff. I know its an IR version of the R-27, but its range difference is marginal compare to R-73 but a whooping 15 accuracy difference?!

another thing, i know this is just a flavour thing
i really dislike RD's power is in ZSD 90 and WZ551.... RD is not really a mechanized/motorized force irl.
should be just spamming good cqc infantry in 5pt transport, with unique infantry like PF98 and QLZ 87.
let mech be eb, ec, and scandi's focus.

Taking the Su-27SK away is also an option, and honestly that thing is a huge disgrace to a line of beautiful jets. Ironically the top ASF ITF without any fancy mental gymnastics should be provided by NK with an authentic MRAAM MiG-29. As Chinas MRAAM are all in the limbo.

I disagree with the assesment about mech/moto. China deploys many divisions of mechanized infantry in north and motoriozed in south. I suppose your problem lies with the IFV themself, which i do agree to an extent. In early 90s those vehicles are a rather rare sight, and due to the doctrine "military has to wait" only very few domestic units got them. As for gameplay, i think it's unwise to just take them away, as it will cut into the infantry gameplay. There are better candidates, if we wanna be more authentic and cutting stuff out.
Sources for tuning Red Dragons,Sources for tuning Blue Dragons
亲们!大国梦哦!
小钱钱,真心甜,鼓钱包,放腰间,大国梦,早日圆 。啷个哩个啷♪

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Thu 7 Dec 2017 20:56

keldon wrote:
another505 wrote:Is not just the MRAAM, but the SRAAM sucks too.... 10 accuracy deduction is huge...
I still prefer Su-27sk as air to air loadout, giving them 60 accuracy and be like su27s isnt even that powerful. Is just average. Still outmatched most of the time so it doesn't even take away the flavour of bad RD fighters. Just not crippling incompetent.
Jh-7 can be the big bomber.

Also, i got to say, the NK mig-29 isn't bad( or i meant, extremely bad i imagined to be) , now i've used it a bit more. In pure anti helo hunting and support to the my Su-27sk in my joke RD armor deck. The Mig-29 could just be cheaper, or that R-27 get an accuracy buff. I know its an IR version of the R-27, but its range difference is marginal compare to R-73 but a whooping 15 accuracy difference?!

another thing, i know this is just a flavour thing
i really dislike RD's power is in ZSD 90 and WZ551.... RD is not really a mechanized/motorized force irl.
should be just spamming good cqc infantry in 5pt transport, with unique infantry like PF98 and QLZ 87.
let mech be eb, ec, and scandi's focus.

Taking the Su-27SK away is also an option, and honestly that thing is a huge disgrace to a line of beautiful jets. Ironically the top ASF ITF without any fancy mental gymnastics should be provided by NK with an authentic MRAAM MiG-29. As Chinas MRAAM are all in the limbo.

I disagree with the assesment about mech/moto. China deploys many divisions of mechanized infantry in north and motoriozed in south. I suppose your problem lies with the IFV themself, which i do agree to an extent. In early 90s those vehicles are a rather rare sight, and due to the doctrine "military has to wait" only very few domestic units got them. As for gameplay, i think it's unwise to just take them away, as it will cut into the infantry gameplay. There are better candidates, if we wanna be more authentic and cutting stuff out.

Nah, flanker should stay, just be useful. Su-27skm or Su-27s copy, preferably the former as it would be unique in the flanker line up, and i dont even think its that powerful...

160pts ASF 2 per cards aren't that competitive.

I suppose i should be clearer, is i dont like the feeling of playing RD, your advantage is within these ZSD90 and WZ551 that are rare, instead of the infantry should be its main focus, but i guess is just im completely discontent about RD still. Chomaho5 and igla buses were the biggest buff, but still can't save it.
Of Salt

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Fri 8 Dec 2017 01:21

Change the PL-11 on the J-8C to PL-10 (Skyflash statclone). It's now a Tornado F.2 with slightly better turning so it should clock in at around 115 points. For differentiation purposes I'd change the loadout to GSh-23L/4x PL-8/2x PL-10 but that's just me.

Or just buff the PL-11 to be honest. The seeker from an Aspide should mean that it's at least as accurate as a Skyflash, the huge size of the missile should justify 6HE and should also probably justify 8400m range like Skyflash SuperTEMP or R-27R. Basically anything to turn it from a 5+4 fighter into a 6+4 fighter.

Either of these changes would give China/RD a workable 2x Elite fighter and would allow the movement of the Su-27 up to cover the high end fighter role as the Su-27SMK. The North Korean MiG-29 can be turned into an L-18 clone and take over the middle 130 point price area if it's thought to be needed.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Fri 8 Dec 2017 06:15

Despite how unrealistic the Mig-29 is, i like it to see being buffed instead of a loadout change for how unique it is...
as long as Su27sk(m) and J-8c is viable, i wouldnt mind leaving the loadout like it

Should be like, 105-110pts, R-27T gets 60 accuracy
Of Salt

keldon
Major

Postby keldon » Fri 8 Dec 2017 17:53

FrangibleCover wrote:Change the PL-11 on the J-8C to PL-10 (Skyflash statclone). It's now a Tornado F.2 with slightly better turning so it should clock in at around 115 points. For differentiation purposes I'd change the loadout to GSh-23L/4x PL-8/2x PL-10 but that's just me.

Or just buff the PL-11 to be honest. The seeker from an Aspide should mean that it's at least as accurate as a Skyflash, the huge size of the missile should justify 6HE and should also probably justify 8400m range like Skyflash SuperTEMP or R-27R. Basically anything to turn it from a 5+4 fighter into a 6+4 fighter.

Either of these changes would give China/RD a workable 2x Elite fighter and would allow the movement of the Su-27 up to cover the high end fighter role as the Su-27SMK. The North Korean MiG-29 can be turned into an L-18 clone and take over the middle 130 point price area if it's thought to be needed.

PL-10 was a failure and i believe it was also something people confused with the PL-11 during the dry years of military info. Since the designation was handed out to the new SRAAM few years go, the name PL-10 will continue to create confusion if ingame.

Like i said, there are many ways to approach the AIR situation, and i'm fine with all options you outlined. Still if there was a large revision/redesign, i personally would have cut/gutted the ASF department for the sake of creating a relative weakness and the adhearance to the reality of PLAAF in the 90s.

Although i agree with another505, the Su-27SK batch 2 in 1995 (aka Su-27SMK) won't be even that powerful.
Sources for tuning Red Dragons,Sources for tuning Blue Dragons
亲们!大国梦哦!
小钱钱,真心甜,鼓钱包,放腰间,大国梦,早日圆 。啷个哩个啷♪

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Sat 9 Dec 2017 22:55

We'll be approaching the 2 year anniversary of this thread.
I would like to congratulate OP for keeping up the good work and continuing to gather information.
Lots can be said about other people, but I won't, even though I really want to... :evil:

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”