Fine-tuning NK/China

Sleksa
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Fine-tuning NK/China

Postby Sleksa » Tue 21 Feb 2017 23:24

QUAD wrote:Relic handed over balance to competitive community and hardcore invested modders (one would be Iris or hansbroger or codextro) and allows them to tweak game with approval of one employee. Not sure why Eugen can't do the same.

For one there is no competitive community within wargame. The ranked has been dead for the longest time and what remains is a very small pool of players. In coh on the other hand, even though it's also a "small" community, it has a hundred times more active good players alongside a healthy ranked play system, so for them it's somewhat easier to identify problems in the game compared to Wargame, which took over a year to fix the centurions for example, and retained some massive gameplay bugs for a long time (such as the recently fixed identify exploit).

Sigirdiwarth
Warrant Officer

Postby Sigirdiwarth » Tue 21 Feb 2017 23:35

Sleksa wrote:
QUAD wrote:Relic handed over balance to competitive community and hardcore invested modders (one would be Iris or hansbroger or codextro) and allows them to tweak game with approval of one employee. Not sure why Eugen can't do the same.

For one there is no competitive community within wargame. The ranked has been dead for the longest time and what remains is a very small pool of players. In coh on the other hand, even though it's also a "small" community, it has a hundred times more active good players alongside a healthy ranked play system, so for them it's somewhat easier to identify problems in the game compared to Wargame, which took over a year to fix the centurions for example, and retained some massive gameplay bugs for a long time (such as the recently fixed identify exploit).

balanse

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Wed 22 Feb 2017 02:35

CandyMan wrote:

That's the M-1992...
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

jhfts
Command Sergeant Major

Postby jhfts » Wed 22 Feb 2017 03:15

Sleksa wrote:

...not to mention that 'balance' for ranked and 'balance' for large team games are completely separate, and often at odds with one another; if the game was perfectly balanced at the ranked 1 v 1 level, it would probably break 10 v 10 and vice versa. I think that Eugen understands that if the ranked folks were in charge of balance, the result would probably alienate 9/10ths of their player base.

CandyMan
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby CandyMan » Wed 22 Feb 2017 04:17

Killertomato wrote:

That's the M-1992...

Which if you look closely shares a striking resemblance to a shilka with a modified turret replacing the quad 23mm with a pair of 30 mm.
Your standard pinko Commie swine...
Rabidnid wrote:NK has a veritable cornucopia of mediocrity to choose from when it comes to inexpensive vehicular recon!

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Wed 22 Feb 2017 07:58

CandyMan wrote:
Which if you look closely shares a striking resemblance to a shilka with a modified turret replacing the quad 23mm with a pair of 30 mm.

A resemblance doesn't mean that they ever operated Shilka.

I'm prepared to trust frosty on that, knowing what his job is/was.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

CandyMan
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby CandyMan » Wed 22 Feb 2017 19:01

What is more believable. The probability that the DPRK received some form of shilka variant in the 70 -80's then modified them to create the m1992 that was first seen by the west in 1992 thus the name. OR, that the DPRK received shilka hulls without a turret and made their own original design for the m1992. Either way shilka's made their way into the DPRK inventory.
Your standard pinko Commie swine...
Rabidnid wrote:NK has a veritable cornucopia of mediocrity to choose from when it comes to inexpensive vehicular recon!

codextero
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby codextero » Wed 22 Feb 2017 19:06

I've really awful at both this game and modding, no idea why my name is there.

QUAD
Colonel

Postby QUAD » Wed 22 Feb 2017 22:23

codextero wrote:

I've really awful at both this game and modding, no idea why my name is there.

I thought you did the Wished Dreams mod?
BUFF USA

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Wed 22 Feb 2017 23:14

Appreciate the thought but I don't mod, I just read about things :D
Projectnordic in game! will likely see you on pact/red dragons/french!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”