Fine-tuning NK/China

keldon
Major

Re: Fine-tuning NK/China

Postby keldon » Sat 3 Jun 2017 15:13

frostypooky wrote:ah what a glorious thread

Well, we did achieve a decent amount of changes for NK over the course of the year.

btw. that pic of yours on the last page died.
Sources for tuning Red Dragons,Sources for tuning Blue Dragons
亲们!大国梦哦!
小钱钱,真心甜,鼓钱包,放腰间,大国梦,早日圆 。啷个哩个啷♪

keldon
Major

Postby keldon » Sun 10 Sep 2017 14:46

Found some new interesting pics/units. Even if eugen won't do anything anymore, i still think these things are worth posting.

As usual, pics are too big, can't embed them.

https://i.imgur.com/Yp8YJyR.jpg

Asymmetric loadout for Z-9 chopper. 23mm cannon and 7x90mm rockets

https://i.imgur.com/jRtmoHC.jpg

Type-71 180mm rocket arty. 20km range and 10 rockets launch ready. small scale deployment by 38th group army, all retired/handed me down in the 80s. Legit unit compared to BM-24...
亲们!大国梦哦!

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sun 10 Sep 2017 18:30

keldon wrote:https://i.imgur.com/Yp8YJyR.jpg

Asymmetric loadout for Z-9 chopper. 23mm cannon and 7x90mm rockets

In time frame? A transport or different role? Would definitely be interesting.

keldon
Major

Postby keldon » Sun 10 Sep 2017 19:09

Razzmann wrote:In time frame? A transport or different role? Would definitely be interesting.

Absolutly, the general loadout pic should be somewhere in thie thread, was just unsure whether asymmetric loadout was done or not. Apparantly it is, even though, it is on a Z-9WA, but the normal Z-9 in the 80s and 90s can also have such a light loadout.

Generally all armed Z-9 can't be regular transports, simply because half the commpartment is taken by ammo storage and other stuff.
亲们!大国梦哦!

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Sun 10 Sep 2017 19:27

keldon wrote:
Razzmann wrote:In time frame? A transport or different role? Would definitely be interesting.

Absolutly, the general loadout pic should be somewhere in thie thread, was just unsure whether asymmetric loadout was done or not. Apparantly it is, even though, it is on a Z-9WA, but the normal Z-9 in the 80s and 90s can also have such a light loadout.

Generally all armed Z-9 can't be regular transports, simply because half the commpartment is taken by ammo storage and other stuff.

A really nice option for Good optics armed recon though, if that's vaguely doctrinally realistic. Or even if it isn't honestly.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

keldon
Major

Postby keldon » Sun 10 Sep 2017 19:46

FrangibleCover wrote:A really nice option for Good optics armed recon though, if that's vaguely doctrinally realistic. Or even if it isn't honestly.

A portion of the produced Z-9 in 80s-90s were artillery spotters, whether this can count as recon in eugens eye, i don't know.

More dedicated recon variants with sensor pods everywhere are however a really late development, like in 2005+ with the Z-9WA as the basic model.
亲们!大国梦哦!

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Sun 10 Sep 2017 19:50

All I am hearing and seeing is a recon helicopter for Red Dragons that isn't a shit tier Mi-1.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

keldon
Major

Postby keldon » Sun 10 Sep 2017 21:05

XanderTuron wrote:All I am hearing and seeing is a recon helicopter for Red Dragons that isn't a shit tier Mi-1.

I am 90% sure that China never operated the Mi-1, i dug through alot of forum and the only thing points to it is a british source from 1971, which i rate as very doubtful. Basically the same issue with mislabling and so on found so very often even nowadays regarding PLA.

The only CAT C recon chopper should be Z-5, whether armed or not is not even the issue, at least that chopper was produced en masse and flew actual border patrol duty.
亲们!大国梦哦!

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sun 10 Sep 2017 21:18

XanderTuron wrote:All I am hearing and seeing is a recon helicopter for Red Dragons that isn't a shit tier Mi-1.

At least the M-1 is pretty cheap. But yeah, a Z-9 recon chopper would be lovely, for mixed red too.

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Sun 10 Sep 2017 23:43

Z-9 good optics recon would be in the 30pts range, with one AC and 90mm rockets with 3HE just for the heck of it.
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”