Fine-tuning NK/China

keldon
Major

Re: Fine-tuning NK/China

Postby keldon » Sun 19 Nov 2017 15:10

I have updated the "nice to read" section in the first post with the new Z-9 and tank ammo stuff, further put the link to BD fine-tuning thread into my signature. For completion's dake i guess.

A kinda shitty end to the game and possibly the franchise. RD as a faction has it especially tough. If wargame coalitions were cars, then RD is sent racing against other cars ranging from Volkswagen Beetle to modern Formula 1 Racer, while itself being this thing:

It does come with highly futuristic modifications like heated leather seats and a golden steering wheel though, which eugen won't stop reminding people how merciful they were to include those things and the car has everthing it needs to function... just never mind your propulsion is done by those stubby cavemen legs. Yabba-Dabba-Do, motherfucker.

To their credit, alot of buffs were handed out, but it just stopped dead in the middle, and now behold the final form of the RD car allegory:

It is indeed a huge improvment and technically eugen has fulfilled everything they promised, the keyword being "technically".

End of my final rant, have a nice day, my dudes and duddettes.
Sources for tuning Red Dragons,Sources for tuning Blue Dragons
亲们!大国梦哦!
小钱钱,真心甜,鼓钱包,放腰间,大国梦,早日圆 。啷个哩个啷♪

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Sun 19 Nov 2017 15:56

psssht :|
We should be glad that we got tanks mounted to our Strela launchers and high end tanks with less ammo to reduce the logistical strain.

With Red Dragons your supposed to rain down 1000 low precision 5HE salute shots in a few minutes on the enemy spawn, while simultaneously obliterating every helo and tank rush by hovering TY-90s and tank-airdefence-networks and dug in WZ-550 and PTZ-89 tactical ground to ground missile contingents.

I can't help but feel disappointed that Yuckjeondae '90 never got their deserved AN-2 transport option with medium stealth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvSOTj4oN80

edit:
Spoiler : :
/s
I used to wonder how their EE deck would have looked like, then I found this :lol:

https://youtu.be/WYPHaWDT10s?t=1m35s
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

keldon
Major

Postby keldon » Mon 20 Nov 2017 23:31

nuke92 wrote:I used to wonder how their EE deck would have looked like, then I found this :lol:

Way too modern. I swear on Frau Merkel's droppy tits, it should look like this even in 2002:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5S2cc8ZNTo

btw. what happend to the youtube embed? It's somehow brocken, just saw Mike's fabulous video now.
亲们!大国梦哦!

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Tue 21 Nov 2017 06:04

keldon wrote:
nuke92 wrote:I used to wonder how their EE deck would have looked like, then I found this :lol:

Way too modern. I swear on Frau Merkel's droppy tits, it should look like this even in 2002:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5S2cc8ZNTo

btw. what happend to the youtube embed? It's somehow brocken, just saw Mike's fabulous video now.

They've been broken for awhile now. I know MadMat knows because he responded to me in a post where I mentioned that they were broken.
Courtesy of KattiValk

keldon
Major

Postby keldon » Tue 5 Dec 2017 17:32

Checked my pics folder and found something i didn't post.

Su-27SK/J-11 with 30x250kg bombs and 4xR-73. Given how terribad the MRAAMs are, this groundstrike option would have been better for gameplay, and there is also a IRL reason too! You can also load lots of different bombs on it. HE, napalm, cluster, confetti, you name it.
亲们!大国梦哦!

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Tue 5 Dec 2017 17:40

keldon wrote:Su-27SK/J-11 with 30x250kg bombs and 4xR-73. Given how terribad the MRAAMs are, this groundstrike option would have been better for gameplay, and there is also a IRL reason too! You can also load lots of different bombs on it. HE, napalm, cluster, confetti, you name it.

Inb4 someone posting how that's a demonstrator but technically not flight-capable and demanding information on actual mission-capable loadout.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Tue 5 Dec 2017 18:15

Did not stop other units from getting into the game, did it?

another505

Postby another505 » Wed 6 Dec 2017 03:01

Is not just the MRAAM, but the SRAAM sucks too.... 10 accuracy deduction is huge...
I still prefer Su-27sk as air to air loadout, giving them 60 accuracy and be like su27s isnt even that powerful. Is just average. Still outmatched most of the time so it doesn't even take away the flavour of bad RD fighters. Just not crippling incompetent.
Jh-7 can be the big bomber.

Also, i got to say, the NK mig-29 isn't bad( or i meant, extremely bad i imagined to be) , now i've used it a bit more. In pure anti helo hunting and support to the my Su-27sk in my joke RD armor deck. The Mig-29 could just be cheaper, or that R-27 get an accuracy buff. I know its an IR version of the R-27, but its range difference is marginal compare to R-73 but a whooping 15 accuracy difference?!

another thing, i know this is just a flavour thing
i really dislike RD's power is in ZSD 90 and WZ551.... RD is not really a mechanized/motorized force irl.
should be just spamming good cqc infantry in 5pt transport, with unique infantry like PF98 and QLZ 87.
let mech be eb, ec, and scandi's focus.
Of Salt

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Wed 6 Dec 2017 14:38

Did the Faustman PF-98 actually solve the anti tank problem somewhat?
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

another505

Postby another505 » Wed 6 Dec 2017 18:40

nuke92 wrote:Did the Faustman PF-98 actually solve the anti tank problem somewhat?

yes, on top with some nice high AP tanks. They removed T90s but made RD with a lot of high AP efficient tank
Of Salt

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”