Fine-tuning NK/China

Markenzwieback
Captain

Re: Fine-tuning NK/China

Postby Markenzwieback » Mon 19 Mar 2018 19:50

keldon wrote:For fun, you may wanna try out RD marine, i had decent successes many patches and DLCs ago.

I actually did play weird decks in ranked for a while. That included RD marines and a motorized version of mixed airborne, among others. It was a fun time! :lol:

ZSU-57/Type-80

Probably gonna give them a shot next time I dig out my old RD mech.

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Mon 19 Mar 2018 22:37

keldon wrote:The only advantage i see in type-80 is the combination of armor+2800 anti helo range+ok-ish suppression. But when it comes to actually killing stuff the iglabus is currently king.

Yeah the suppression is probably the most useful part of those things, the suppression actually allows you to get the iglabus in range for the kill against helicopters.
Projectnordic in game! will likely see you on pact/red dragons/french!

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Tue 20 Mar 2018 00:20

I was playing RD armored for a while.
Wasn't bad , only average. T90s and chomaho5 are good, 88a and 85-3 are doable. Igla buses are great infantry/AA support

but compare to any other armored deck... its pretty shit. Even eb/scandi/bd armored which are not known for their tanks outshine it.
especially how RD tanks are the complete opposite of what the game mechanic promotes as good stats. High ROF and AV

There is really no reason to spec RD. The advantage you get are out weight by your loss of the few good units you have. And the bonuses you get doesn't make it better against other non spec coalitions in the same category I.e armored, mechanized, motorized.
Of Salt

Fodder
Sergeant Major

Postby Fodder » Tue 3 Apr 2018 18:27

Correct me if I'm wrong but china didn't have any IFV until 1992?
Why is PGZ-88 prototype but ZBD-86 (1992) isnt?

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Tue 3 Apr 2018 18:54

Fodder wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but china didn't have any IFV until 1992?

cause pgz 88 is really a prototype irl. Just like m8 ags . it wasnt a really successful SPAAG
Of Salt

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby keldon » Tue 3 Apr 2018 20:22

another505 wrote:
Fodder wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but china didn't have any IFV until 1992?

cause pgz 88 is really a prototype irl. Just like m8 ags . it wasnt a really successful SPAAG

IFV was under study since their first inception i.e the BMP-1. The very first chinese attempt was actually the WZ551 project rooting from the overarching IFV program from 1979. The first IFV produced in sizable numbers however was the ZBD-86 aka BMP-1 clone. During the 80s there were amounts of efforts put into expanding the IFV options. One such unit is the ZSD-90, which didn't really got accepted into service, it is just "kinda there". Tracked heavy IFV started with ZBD-97 and the purchase of several BMP-3 techs, it was also then when the Type-89 battletaxi got redesigned and uparmored.

The PGZ-88 actually got accepted into service, and was produced in very low amount. However like many of the 80s projects the PLA was not really satisfied with it's performance, so it basically shares the same "kinda there" fate like the ZSD-90.

As for the random assigment of the proto tag: dats eugen for you, my dude.
> Sources for tuning Red Dragons --- Sources for tuning Blue Dragons <
亲们!大国梦哦!
小钱钱,真心甜,鼓钱包,放腰间,大国梦,早日圆 。啷个哩个啷♪

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby keldon » Thu 5 Apr 2018 21:00

Was thinking about where to post this, and i decided to put it here instead of the China thread.

This is again something started few months ago with the appearance of that Taiwan newbie and one of the arguments during the time was about bans for videogames in PRC. Especially eugen's alleged intention of tapping into the chinese market with wargame 3. Consideraing that recent events at eugen suggest them not swimming in money also makes this following article interesting.

http://user.guancha.cn/main/content?id=11261

I will not translate the whole thing for obvious reason.

Summary: The MoC raided some 500 internet bars and found banned games there, then an overview about the normal media control measures for electronic entertaiment with lengthy part about legal norms and youth protection blablabla.

The interesting part is about the reasons given for banning certain games, which few examples are:

安装了违禁游戏,有《虐杀原形》、《行尸走肉》、《红色警戒之共和国之辉》、《GTAV》(侠盗猎车手)、《使命召唤》等。

Prototype, The walking dead, C&C RED alert 2 glory of people's republic (a mod done by chinese C&C fans...), GTA 5 and Call of Duty. I think everyone can see what would normally trigger the censorship i.e. excessive violence. In case of C&C and CoD it's mainly two things.

- PLA vs PLA (C&C) => suggests a start of new civil war and the resumption of the 120 years of chaos in modern chinese history
- Assault and destruction of Tiananmen square (CoD) => Destruction of important landmarks was always a touchy topic

The given reason are formost by arguing with youth protection and the disturbance of value system. The whole part in chinese.

执法人员告诉记者,以上违禁游戏含有暴力血腥、色情、错误意识形态等内容,严重损害玩家的身心健康。尤其严重的,是这些游戏传递的不良信息,在意识上对玩家造成潜移默化的影响,在认知上产生错误的导向,进而形成错误的价值观,对于心智尚不完全成熟、缺乏判断力的青少年来说,可能造成毒害,对社会的危害程度不可小觑。

Obviously cutting or banning games in the name of youth protection is nothing new, each country just have their own emphasis. The US is foremost about nudity, the Germans pretty much everything that has to do with Nazis, and in case of the Chinese market it's the destruction/defamation of the current order.

While we are at it, i remember years ago the Germans talked about China banning C&C Genrals, and at the same time the german version got cut into the correct shape to please the "Bundesprüfstelle für jugendgefährdende Medien". Some clip from Germen version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9niDM9qmaS0&t=8m30s

If eugen somehow magically got the ressources and competence to expand into the huge chinese market, then this is a topic that their management needs to deal with. And let it be known that currently wargame can be banned simply because of that Hongkong campaign.

And just for the record, the spending power on games by the Chinese is huge. Competitive games are hugely popular (World of tanks/Warthunder but also RTS like C&C and Star Craft), the old beaten horse of CCP banning everything that depicts PLA as the losing side is mostly just serving an established narrative.
亲们!大国梦哦!

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Fri 6 Apr 2018 10:21

keldon wrote:If eugen somehow magically got the ressources and competence to expand into the huge chinese market, then this is a topic that their management needs to deal with. And let it be known that currently wargame can be banned simply because of that Hongkong campaign.

If I were on the Chinese Vidya Censor Board I'd ban Wargame for the absolute travesty that is Bear vs. Dragon before I banned it for Pearl of the Orient.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

47andrej
Lieutenant

Postby 47andrej » Fri 6 Apr 2018 20:02

Considering Eugen not doing anything for wargame despite huge community demand, i think there would be zero movement even if chinese goverment would offer 2 Mio USD reward for PLA ingame depicting :P

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby keldon » Fri 6 Apr 2018 21:47

FrangibleCover wrote:If I were on the Chinese Vidya Censor Board I'd ban Wargame for the absolute travesty that is Bear vs. Dragon before I banned it for Pearl of the Orient.

Don't remind me of that dumpster fire, although i was for once glad those lolwut ATGM MiGs were there.

47andrej wrote:Considering Eugen not doing anything for wargame despite huge community demand, i think there would be zero movement even if chinese goverment would offer 2 Mio USD reward for PLA ingame depicting :P

Nah, more like mysterious disapperances in a small french game studio. Glorious Chubby approves.
亲们!大国梦哦!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”