Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

RoadkillRodger
Lieutenant

Re: Wargame 4/Expansion idea - Mines and Demolition

Postby RoadkillRodger » Wed 21 Dec 2016 00:40

orcbuster wrote:
Awesomer wrote:So when you say prepared defenses, mines, pillboxes, demo charges, all of it off the table? I like the idea of mobile combat, but i dont think mines would really harm that philosophy, maybe the others would.

Mines are worse than all those other things you mention.

And yes all those things are off the table.

They were so bad for gameplay that they've been outlawed by international convention.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: So Where Do We Go From Here?

Postby Mike » Wed 21 Dec 2016 04:37

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Haveatya wrote:With the DLC nations released, where exactly is W:RD heading now? Additional DLC? Patches only as Eugen invests in another game? If they talked about the is already please hit me with a link!

... going in the existing thread for now.

We haven't make any announcement yet, but that don't have further plan for RD for now.

Do you mean that you guys do have further plans for RD?
Courtesy of KattiValk

Kastev
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Kastev » Wed 21 Dec 2016 06:50

ALEX8 wrote:
[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Haveatya wrote:With the DLC nations released, where exactly is W:RD heading now? Additional DLC? Patches only as Eugen invests in another game? If they talked about the is already please hit me with a link!

... going in the existing thread for now.

We haven't make any announcement yet, but that don't have further plan for RD for now.

Why don’t u just add more nations DLCs? There are still 7-8 nations (e.g. Italy, Spain, South Africa, India, Iran, etc.) that can add value to the WGRD. After that you can plan for WG4 in 2-3 years. You got the fan base for the franchise, this shouldn’t go to waste.

That's what Eugen has said before and after each DLC. Is that they don't know what's planned for the future and they don't want to make promises they might not be able to keep, nor go too extreme by saying the game is dead.

I mean, after the Scandinavian DLC many moons ago, they said the exact same thing then, yet we still got all the DLC that we have available today.

I used to think Wargame: RD was dead, but I've reversed my thinking on that and believe that the game still has a long time to go before no new content. Of course, I could be wrong though :)

47andrej
Lieutenant

Re: Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

Postby 47andrej » Wed 21 Dec 2016 19:09

Announcement for Christmas please! Or at least around New Year celebration :)

FOARP
Sergeant

Postby FOARP » Wed 21 Dec 2016 20:21

Kastev wrote:
ALEX8 wrote:
[EUG]MadMat wrote:... going in the existing thread for now.

Why don’t u just add more nations DLCs? There are still 7-8 nations (e.g. Italy, Spain, South Africa, India, Iran, etc.) that can add value to the WGRD. After that you can plan for WG4 in 2-3 years. You got the fan base for the franchise, this shouldn’t go to waste.

That's what Eugen has said before and after each DLC. Is that they don't know what's planned for the future and they don't want to make promises they might not be able to keep, nor go too extreme by saying the game is dead.

I mean, after the Scandinavian DLC many moons ago, they said the exact same thing then, yet we still got all the DLC that we have available today.

I used to think Wargame: RD was dead, but I've reversed my thinking on that and believe that the game still has a long time to go before no new content. Of course, I could be wrong though :)

They didn't say it after the Israeli DLC - they went straight on to the Finn/Yugoslav DLC.

MadMat telling us this right after the Reds DLC has dropped, when he could easily have just left us hanging over the Christmas holiday if more DLC were coming, seems to indicate that this is it.

Realistically, if they just keep working their way down the expansion nation list, they would eventually get into less and less popular countries. That's not a winning formula.

I think it would be different if they did new campaigns on top of small nation packs (you might not be excited by a pure Taiwan nation pack, but paired with a Taiwan campaign is a different story). However, it's possible they wouldn't do this since it's been so long since they did a new campaign that personnel problems might make it difficult (are the peeps who coded the campaigns still available?).

Nah, with him saying this I get the impression that we're at the end of the road for nation packs and probably DLC full-stop. Maybe Reds didn't sell as much as expected, or they're sick of doing them, or whatever. But that's it for RD, which is after all based on a pretty old engine nowadays, albeit upgraded to a reasonable spec for 2014.

Of course, my dreams could be answered, and we could get some more SP campaigns (which are awesome because they feel like small wars and are very immersive- better than the EE narrative campaign) or other DLC, in which case I'll have some not-unwelcome egg on my face.

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Wed 21 Dec 2016 20:23

Except that Red DLC had been announced at the same time as the Israel one after the poll, so that was logical.

Comrade_Bane
First Sergeant

Postby Comrade_Bane » Fri 23 Dec 2016 22:53

I think any word/confirmation/denial of Eugen plans for the future would be GREATLY appreciated by the community...

GuerreroDelAlba
Sergeant First-Class

Re: Wargame Sequel Topic Directory

Postby GuerreroDelAlba » Sat 24 Dec 2016 11:46

George S. Patton wrote:
Razzmann wrote:Exactly! That would be a pity!

Also,i am stepping out of this joke of a "tournament".After seeing Nande playing as registered ANZ player against who ?ANZ of course..This is i think 2 or 3rd time that registered players of 1 team that play for another.Nothing against Nande or anyone but like our finish friends would say its a cultural thing,for me this is just a jerk of of a tourney and i am out dudes.

You can't call other people jerks when you and your friends used to start up with 5 buratinos in a 3v3

Breo77
Staff Sergeant

Postby Breo77 » Sat 24 Dec 2016 13:25

To mod a new campaign( to do a new campaign) = 2 days or less ... Nothing more to say :roll:

FOARP
Sergeant

Postby FOARP » Sat 24 Dec 2016 15:07

Breo77 wrote:To mod a new campaign( to do a new campaign) = 2 days or less ... Nothing more to say :roll:

Haven't seen any new campaign mods out there, just ones editing the battlegroups.

To make a new one isn't possible given any of the modding tools I've seen, though if someone has managed it I'd be very happy to give their mod a try.

I doubt it would be hard for Eugen to do, though: a new strategic map, artwork, a video, some OOBs and scripting. Compared to making 80-100+ new models for units and balancing them this doesn't sound like a big task (it may involve more people though, since it requires a number of different tasks rather than just one or two). They just have to be willing to do it, and have the resources free from other projects.

It's not a two-day task, but it seems very likely (based on my admittedly limited knowledge) Eugen could do it within the cost of the Israeli DLC and still have time for a few new units and balancing of them. They haven't done so yet, which from my POV is a pity.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”