I dont know if I already posted it in this thread, but if the OP wants, he can dig through my "OMG Fix it please" List that gathered since Wargame Euroean Escalation left BETA stage...
I invite anybody but FadeTroll to add or comment on this list. Some of the points are indeed a very far fetched gameplay change, but I am 100% sure none of it would make the game worse and in many cases a lot better.
I also dont want any new nations or units or campaings or whatnot in Wargame 4. I want a Wargame that is not just W:EE with old bugs and the third new name, sorry
Toxicological notice: This list is based on gameplay experience from a total of 4000 games, mostly 4vs4 team games in total destruction/no time limit, some few in normal destruction, like 500 from 4vs4 or 3vs3 conquest (mostly good team vs. good team) and the same amount of 10vs10.
General notice: after 3 wargames I get the impression, that the devs are strongly forcing the community on a small path that defines the general gameplay. Over the years, the options for playing wargame "your way" decreased and are now almost non-existent.
What I would wish for is an open game that is designed around a friendly and open mindend - "play wargame your way"
kind of way.
Really, I dont ask for a sandbox game, just some more options to pick from a appealing menu instead of beeing served the same cold buffet every day. I doubt that something like this would hurt the community or devs income in any way. It would actually make wargame more attractive. Infantry specific:
- make infantry more appealing on a tactical and strategic level
- defense and stealth bonus when stationary, even in the open
- not beeing slowed down when shocked or panicked
- single infantry units should cover a larger area to suffer less from HE
- much more resilient to HE fire when in buildings (remove city blocks in the process lol)
- Good Optics for Line Infantry
- no movement speed for milita (stationary infantry, can only be transported or used defensivly, but way higher availabilty
- 5 pts trucks to 20 cards for all
- All Elite Infantry to Recon Tab and give them Good Optics
- more and more to add...
Mix of several issues
- no options to move the single elements of the HUD away or remove them
- Unit status bars (lower mid of screen), especially those of groups are often intefering with view of the battlefield
- no option to make waypoints and routs taken by units visible
- no option to make waypoints and routs taken by units visible
- no "move on road only" command (this would instantly make a lot of units more viable and fix like a dozen other issues)
- no "disable radar weapons" option (micro for the sake of torturing a player is not good micro)
- split units stop instead of moving on as it was earlier (the list of things that is wrong with how it currently works would be as long as this list already is..., from wallhacking to whatever)
- ok just one point: if you see enemy units in a group and u move ur mouse over the group, you can see the location of EVERY of the units in the enemy group, no matter if you have sight or not. This means: if there are 3 units in front of you and a fourth in the same group like 3 km behind beeing detracked, you can still see the unit.
I also noticed sometimes, that groups that are too far apart can be invisible for the enemy (he cannot see the unit name bar)
... continue this list as you please.
- units tend to go crazy and moving sideways to reach cover even when not ordered to and show their side armor in the process (dieing)
- planes are forced to appear in "train formation".
- planes tend to get too close togehter, sometimes dieing in swarms from single aa missiles -> grouping option missing for planes...
- plane micro virtually non existent or not viable or not in any way possible to really beeing executed in an appealing way.
- many roads do not work correctly
- many bridges do not work correctly
- some forests are still invisible after 2 years
- many buildings do not register as city blocks
- infantry behaves like lunatics when trying to enter some city blocks (taking far too long, dieing in the process)
- sometimes the first unit of infantry in a group will refuse to enter an adjacent city block while the other three units move in circles behind it
- Infantry often does not attack targets arround their city block, even when clearly visible
- Tank groups sometimes do not attack the enemy when not all tanks can see it yet (losing the first shot that way so often even when I am in the better position)
- No option/way to show unit facing (for tanks for example, in form of an arc
- No option/way to show turret facing of tanks in form of an arc
- No option to make hitpoints visible without having to scroll over the unit
- No build in way to deselect a unit without selecting a new unit before, the option which deselects all units after ordering them automacally is actually very retarded and useless
- No option to prevent zoom from going into satelite mode
- No option to disable auto lock on moving units when zooming in
- No auto split of units when one of them are detracked and fall like half of the map behind
- 120 Seconds crits in a game that is 10x faster paced than its first iteration, where crits were introduced
- helicopters not losing fuel when hovering on a fixed position.
- No option to prevent supply trucks to supply certain things like ATGMs only (this is a big issue for USSR because ur tank atgm will suck ur FOB dry 2x faster than any supply deck could do....
- Unit queuing is bugged, supply units sometimes do not move to the FOB when Queded with Quick Move.
- Vehicle pathfinding near city blocks or inside is abysmal and so bugged I cannot find words to describe. I had tanks moving backwards for no reason manouvering to their death without hope
- Teleporting infantry in city blocks. worst gameplay feature of all times
- artillery firing through mountains
- no option to allow artillery to target areas of a shape that are NOT a circle (like a line or a square to smoke better)
- bugged reloading. Crotale for example. Sometimes the last missile cannot be fired but needs to reload first
- no option to order units in groups to spread AND STAY SPREAD even when moving or other things
- no option to order units NOT IN A GROUP to go into dense formation and not spread out so far
- units in bushes do not blink anymore when spotted. Why is that? Magic? Why do units in the OPEN have no way to "see" that they are currently spotted, but units in cover have??! Weird...
- most maps have too little cover
- most mountains have no cover (ALB was better here).
- no "Chase" command that orders a unit to MOVE towards and FIRE AT a certain enemy unit ONLY
- wallhacking AI that automatically targets the most valuable enemy unit regardless if its the most dangerous or not
-> making units fire at AA or Recon while the enemy tanks are much closer and more dangerous.
I even had a tank that decided to fire on a elite infantry squad 2 km away instead of targeting the enemy ATGM vehicle with 23 AP in 1,5 km distance... WTF!
- Helicopter Rushes- Period
- watching Chinooks trying to get into firing position over a target
- Step 1: fast move down the road with a vehicle-
- Step 2: order it to move right without fast move
- Step 3: watch the vehicle TURN LEFT, move in a circle and THEN move right. This cost me so many recon cars I cant count them
- sometimes units do not fast move when ordered when they are too close to the road already
- Infantry unloading on a bridge often teleports back to the bridge head
- infantry unloading on a bridge teleports to a nearby island instead of landing on the bride
- units get STUCK on bridge heads often (even when not blocked)
- if last CV is infantry in transport and is killed while in transport, the game doesent end
- First player in list gets all the leavers units
- no option to donate units
- No Option to disable MAGNETIC cover that makes units try to get into cover all the time with the highes available stupidity
- NAVAL - period
- Anti-Rush mechanisms from Wargame:EE still mess up the game 2 versions later without any given reason. With planes and helo spam rushes are almost impossible already. But still infantry gets panicked when a single AP shell lands somewhere close by, while the 7 HE arty shell does not panick or hurt it when landing on the same spot
-> missing AP shots shouldnt deal morale damage anymore
- refusal of EUGEN to implement a similar morale damage mechanism to helos to prevent rushes
- stationary helos immune to arty...
Except atacms ofc...
- Conquest is said to be so pro because u cannot see the floating numbers when a enemy unit dies. But you can still zoom in and see the wreck... Yeah, well, nuff said.
- Visible hit marks when a non-visible unit is damaged (not killed) by artillery.Game Host Options:
- No Option to exclude certain Nations individually
- No Option to exclude certain Units individually
- No Option to exclude certain Decks individually
- No Option to change starting points indepently, its always tied to the dictated game size
- no way to start 10vs10 games without dedicated server
- no option for "Total Conquest"
- No option to ban people from your own lobbies permanently (all lobbies)
- No option to prevent certain levels or win ratios to join a lobby
- no option to disable the "see profile" button on your own lobby
- No option to modify Availability in your CUSTOM GAME LOBBY (as like +100% for all or -50% for all or the like)
- No Option to exclude prototypes from all decks (see above too)
- No Option to adjust game speed
- No Game mode that is something else but a meeting engagement (which is a rare occasion in a war). The game should have the option for defensive battles with one side attacking, the other defending and holding a big part of the map.
- No game mode that combines the best of conquest and destruction (I suggested several times, nothing...)