Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Re: Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

Postby FrangibleCover » Mon 27 Feb 2017 17:59

Razzmann wrote:Alternative WW2 timeline (did not end in 1945 or something like that). Calling it now.

I think that's the worst possible option. Luft '46 Wank Germany up against what was actually achievable in '46 everyone else. It's not even an original concept, you're hard pressed now to find a game that doesn't involve the Germans putting something into service that they simply didn't have the time or expertise to get working.

Honestly, the best thing to do to my mind is set the game in the Summer of '44 to the early Spring of '45. A nice, tight time period which includes most of everyone's favourite units while not necessitating the inclusion of loads of crap stuff and allowing a small realistic prototype window for Germany and Japan to pull things from. In terms of history covered you've got the rather unoriginal Normandy>Market Garden>Bulge stuff but that time period also gives you Bagration, the Liberation of Yugoslavia, Spring Awakening (the Lake Balaton offensive), the end of Imphal and Kohima to Meiktila and Mandalay, the start of the Phillipines campaign to encompass the Japanese armoured units, Operation Dragoon, some serious fighting in Italy and, I'm sure, a huge amount of goings on in China which I've never heard anything about but are more important than half the stuff I just listed.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Mon 27 Feb 2017 18:12

Alternate timeline would be the only way to make France viable given that they surrendered in 1940 :geek:
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Mon 27 Feb 2017 18:13

I had more fun with "The Entente World War I Battlefields" than with every WW2 rts combined.
It's just boring...

but the voice acting was crap :lol:
naval also worked quite well
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Mon 27 Feb 2017 18:45

captaincarnage wrote:Alternate timeline would be the only way to make France viable given that they surrendered in 1940 :geek:

An alternate timeline where France doesn't surrender is not going to reach 1946 unless the Soviet Union throws in on the German side with the intent of spreading the world revolution to the last drop of German blood. Attritional Warfare along the French and Belgian borders is what France and the UK had been preparing for and they would have been pretty good at it had it come to that. Heck, even with an occupation of mainland France the addition of evacuated manpower in North Africa and the Marine Nationale's contribution to the Battle of the Atlantic would change the face of the War in Europe. Without the French surrender French Indochina would not be ceded to Japan so there's no good jumping-off point for the attacks on Malaya and Indonesia without declaring war on the Entente or capturing the Philippines, none of which is good news for Japan considering that they need Indonesia for the Oil. Then having the MN heavies doing their job and pinning the Italians in the Med allows the RN to concentrate some serious forces in the Indian Ocean and sortie through Singapore to divert Japanese attentions in the critical early months of the Pacific War.

anto-shturmovik
Warrant Officer

Postby anto-shturmovik » Mon 27 Feb 2017 19:49

FrangibleCover wrote:
captaincarnage wrote:Alternate timeline would be the only way to make France viable given that they surrendered in 1940 :geek:

An alternate timeline where France doesn't surrender is not going to reach 1946 unless the Soviet Union throws in on the German side with the intent of spreading the world revolution to the last drop of German blood. Attritional Warfare along the French and Belgian borders is what France and the UK had been preparing for and they would have been pretty good at it had it come to that. Heck, even with an occupation of mainland France the addition of evacuated manpower in North Africa and the Marine Nationale's contribution to the Battle of the Atlantic would change the face of the War in Europe. Without the French surrender French Indochina would not be ceded to Japan so there's no good jumping-off point for the attacks on Malaya and Indonesia without declaring war on the Entente or capturing the Philippines, none of which is good news for Japan considering that they need Indonesia for the Oil. Then having the MN heavies doing their job and pinning the Italians in the Med allows the RN to concentrate some serious forces in the Indian Ocean and sortie through Singapore to divert Japanese attentions in the critical early months of the Pacific War.

Hey, basically you just reinvented this book :
Image courtesy of Vincent Meslet and Graphic.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Mon 27 Feb 2017 19:58

sexualspaghetti wrote:I WONDER WHAT WW2 NATION EVERYBODY WOULD BE FIGHTING TO PLAY AS HMMMM :)

Mine would be Italy for the axis, probably UK for the allies. Spam Matilda 2s at the enemy.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Mon 27 Feb 2017 20:00

anto-shturmovik wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:An alternate timeline where France doesn't surrender is not going to reach 1946 unless the Soviet Union throws in on the German side with the intent of spreading the world revolution to the last drop of German blood. Attritional Warfare along the French and Belgian borders is what France and the UK had been preparing for and they would have been pretty good at it had it come to that. Heck, even with an occupation of mainland France the addition of evacuated manpower in North Africa and the Marine Nationale's contribution to the Battle of the Atlantic would change the face of the War in Europe. Without the French surrender French Indochina would not be ceded to Japan so there's no good jumping-off point for the attacks on Malaya and Indonesia without declaring war on the Entente or capturing the Philippines, none of which is good news for Japan considering that they need Indonesia for the Oil. Then having the MN heavies doing their job and pinning the Italians in the Med allows the RN to concentrate some serious forces in the Indian Ocean and sortie through Singapore to divert Japanese attentions in the critical early months of the Pacific War.

I'm aware of it, I've been trying to find a translated copy actually. The non-occupation scenario is cribbed from Blunted Sickle, which isn't a book yet but probably will be one day.

Shrike wrote:
sexualspaghetti wrote:I WONDER WHAT WW2 NATION EVERYBODY WOULD BE FIGHTING TO PLAY AS HMMMM :)

Mine would be Italy for the axis, probably UK for the allies. Spam Matilda 2s at the enemy.

Italy isn't going to be a playable nation on Axis. It'll be in the game, like, you just won't get into a lobby that doesn't have 4 Germany players :lol:

anto-shturmovik
Warrant Officer

Postby anto-shturmovik » Mon 27 Feb 2017 20:05

FrangibleCover wrote:
anto-shturmovik wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:An alternate timeline where France doesn't surrender is not going to reach 1946 unless the Soviet Union throws in on the German side with the intent of spreading the world revolution to the last drop of German blood. Attritional Warfare along the French and Belgian borders is what France and the UK had been preparing for and they would have been pretty good at it had it come to that. Heck, even with an occupation of mainland France the addition of evacuated manpower in North Africa and the Marine Nationale's contribution to the Battle of the Atlantic would change the face of the War in Europe. Without the French surrender French Indochina would not be ceded to Japan so there's no good jumping-off point for the attacks on Malaya and Indonesia without declaring war on the Entente or capturing the Philippines, none of which is good news for Japan considering that they need Indonesia for the Oil. Then having the MN heavies doing their job and pinning the Italians in the Med allows the RN to concentrate some serious forces in the Indian Ocean and sortie through Singapore to divert Japanese attentions in the critical early months of the Pacific War.

I'm aware of it, I've been trying to find a translated copy actually. The non-occupation scenario is cribbed from Blunted Sickle, which isn't a book yet but probably will be one day.

Unfortunately I don't think it has been translated... You just have to learn French... Très facile :-)
Image courtesy of Vincent Meslet and Graphic.

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Mon 27 Feb 2017 22:31

Shrike wrote:

Hell yeah. Italian comically small tankette supremacy.

I'd love to play as Italy circa WWII.

Fodder
Sergeant Major

Postby Fodder » Mon 27 Feb 2017 23:31

This is a wishlist for the next title right?
I dont want a new title but a expansion instead to fix naval, and inconsistencies.
It'll be called Wargame: Second Russo-Japanese War :lol: JK LOL
My Wishlist
- Better AI
- Inconsistencies and Model fixes
- Stats that lean more towards authenticity
- Steam Workshop and Scenario Editor
- Naval Reworked
- Old Nations Reworked
- Campaign Reworked, drop in battles, and adjustable time limit
- LAN
It should mainly focus on polishing the game and naval.
Last edited by Fodder on Wed 26 Jul 2017 21:11, edited 28 times in total.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”