Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

Postby Killertomato » Wed 1 Mar 2017 03:11

Gonna reserve any tears for a scale announcement.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Wed 1 Mar 2017 09:25

Crotou wrote:The game isn't announced yet but the tears are real. :lol:

Might not even be a wargame, or ww2 game, or even a game. Just gotta wait for the announcement.

Nequit
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Nequit » Wed 1 Mar 2017 09:44

By overly competitive you mean Company of Heroes 2 that came out almost 4 years ago and Assault Squad 2 that is almost 3 years old?

Damn, such a saturation.

Crotou
Colonel

Postby Crotou » Wed 1 Mar 2017 10:42

Comrade_Bane wrote:Aint no tears... just severe apprehensions and worthwhile sensible observations.

Is that "alternative" point of view ? #MakeWargameGreatAgain

kvnrthr
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby kvnrthr » Wed 1 Mar 2017 12:10

If it's WW2, I hope they really cut down on the out-there prototypes or at least allow more options to block those from the game. If this ends up becoming T-54 vs E-50 most of the time rather than T-34 vs Pz4 vs Sherman then it wouldn't really be a WW2 game would it?

Unicorn prototypes just end up contributing to some weird power creep that doesn't change the game very much except make a weird war that would have nothing to do with reality. We sort of saw that after ALB when Eugen more or less abandoned the commitment to a Cold War era game and decided to throw around so many out of time frame units that the game now feels like a "What if a fairy granted generals of all countries their wishes" game rather than remotely resembling what a Cold war era army would look like.

I really think that most nations can stand on their own without any prototype. Maybe Japan will require some better tanks, and the Axis allies need some things, but if they are given any prototypes Eugen should make sure that the protoypes should be somewhat worse and less common than their equivalent non-prototypes.

I would love a hard cutoff of August 1945, with the requirement that the thing had to physically exist and be able to drive/fly around and be used.
Hoping for a better next-gen Wargame and new engine in a few years...
One can dream ;_;

kvasius
Command Sergeant Major

Postby kvasius » Wed 1 Mar 2017 14:02

kvnrthr wrote:I would love a hard cutoff of August 1945, with the requirement that the thing had to physically exist and be able to drive/fly around and be used.

That would include so much sophisticated german and soviet prototypes/later-era tanks, both of them would be the only playable nations...

Germany would get Maus, Panther Ausf.F, Wasserfall (actual guided antiair missiles), an StG-45 and some other stuff i dont remember.
As per USSR... oh boy. IS-3, T-44, SKS, AS-44?, maybe even IS-4...

I'd rather go "needs to be IOC".

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Wed 1 Mar 2017 14:25

Suspect setting will be pretty much exclusively normandy 1944 as the title suggests
Viker for ingen!

Sarvik
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Sarvik » Wed 1 Mar 2017 15:03

Obviously its going to be WG: Normandy 1944 on western front, followed by WG: Berlin 1945 which adds eastern front and planes, followed by WG: Downfall 1945 which adds pacific and ships.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 1 Mar 2017 15:16

orcbuster wrote:Suspect setting will be pretty much exclusively normandy 1944 as the title suggests

Hey, the shirt could still have said-

Subdivision
with andy44

It's a slice of life game about living in the suburbs with a mysterious guy who last tweeted in 2007: https://twitter.com/andy44 :lol:
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Oktoberfest
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Oktoberfest » Wed 1 Mar 2017 15:20

nuke92 wrote:Just the research put into WG on the forum... it would be such a shame.
It "only" needs new maps, balanced coalitions, new engine, same era and you get a new WG.

Get rid of the coalition, make viable nations with materials that covers every bases (except the very minor, they can stay in a coalition for their survivability). Make a map editor to allow for more diverse games, even a random map generator à la Heroes III would do it !

Diversity and plurality, that's the key to continuity !

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”