Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

urogard
Brigadier

Re: Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

Postby urogard » Fri 26 Jan 2018 21:09

XanderTuron wrote:And in my opinion, adding mines would be detrimental to gameplay by discouraging players from attacking.

Really? That's the part of his post you have a problem with?
Not the "I've attacked, but not only has my attack failed, I now have to retreat from the positions I owned before as well" ?

Like honestly I can't figure out what kind of situation in WG he even described.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Fri 26 Jan 2018 23:38

What we're trying to say is that minefields just don't fit in with what Wargame is. It's two whatever sized fighting elements meeting each other head-on on some Far East/European battlefield. It's not about one attacking another in a fortified position.

It's okay that you'd like to see minefields and whatnot, but it's definitely not something you should get your hopes up for.
Courtesy of KattiValk

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Sat 27 Jan 2018 05:41

urogard wrote:Really? That's the part of his post you have a problem with?
Not the "I've attacked, but not only has my attack failed, I now have to retreat from the positions I owned before as well" ?

Like honestly I can't figure out what kind of situation in WG he even described.

Destruction players have a different view on ground control than Conquest players.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Sun 28 Jan 2018 05:46

Minefields also don't really destroy tanks in this era, or I should say, with the level of time compression in Wargame the best you're going to get is mobility crits as the mobility kills they cause will not be long enough to warrant more than a critical.

Scatmin type munitions just didn't have the lethality to create a comprehensive kill on anything larger than a uparmored Jeep

The battle of 73 easting comes to mind with US tanks ignoring minefields.
Projectnordic in game! will likely see you on pact/red dragons/french!

Sonki3
Corporal

Postby Sonki3 » Sat 3 Feb 2018 18:28

Hey there.

I want to chance the topic a little and wondered if you could add a "Coalition" point to your list.

What I mean is ANZAC combined with the Netherlands. :)

I do not know if someone agrees with me but it would even be "somewhat" historical accurate if ANZAC and Netherlands formed their own coalition. After all Netherlands did have colonies in southeast Asia and did stuff, like trade, or influence in wars, with Indonesia, Australia and New Zealand. The coalition could be called like "Dutch East Indies" or in this matter of case " Dutch East - Coalition" or simply "Dutch-ANZAC Coalition".

On the gaming level it would also benefit both decks since there are some points where they add up to each other.
For example their inf deck would get more complex and tank-wise it would also benefit the whole coalition. From Scorpion to Leo 1 and finally Leo 2 would give them some strength and mobility. (ANZAC will greatly profit in support and helicopter tab.) :?

Like Commonwealth itself it would also be a coalition which would span ("literally") around the world.

Please think about this, if this is not a good idea, pls let me know - if this idea is ok, then I am glad I could provide some ideas. :D

Thanks
"A Roland for an Oliver."

"Wie du mir, so ich dir."

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Fri 9 Feb 2018 00:51

Nedanzac makes sense in a world of revanchist European empires, would definitely work in Wargame 1950-1970.

Could also see a Ned/Belgium/Portugal coalition and or SADF+France/insert revanchist European power

Sonki3
Corporal

Postby Sonki3 » Fri 9 Feb 2018 19:10

Well - who knows what would have happened if the cold war turned hot. Maybe old alliances like "Nedanzac" would have been reformed to put pressure on China and the Vietnam area. Definitely a possible idea.

Netherlands and Belgium pretty much had/have (nearly) the same equipment - it would better be if Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg went together to the Benelux Alliance - like ANZAC (Australia and New Zealand).
"A Roland for an Oliver."

"Wie du mir, so ich dir."

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Tue 13 Feb 2018 05:14

Sonki3 wrote:Well - who knows what would have happened if the cold war turned hot. Maybe old alliances like "Nedanzac" would have been reformed to put pressure on China and the Vietnam area. Definitely a possible idea.

Netherlands and Belgium pretty much had/have (nearly) the same equipment - it would better be if Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg went together to the Benelux Alliance - like ANZAC (Australia and New Zealand).

I only suggested NedAnzac as their operational areas and security interests overlap, especially if the Dutch stay in Indonesia past 1949. Australia assumed an increasing role as a regional policeman in SE Asia over the course of the Cold War and likely it would have cooperated with the Dutch against communism and Chinese influence in the region.

Another partnership may be a Portugal+SARhodesia+Belgium? coalition or a SARhodesia+UK+Anzac coalition (see Malayan emergency)

USIron
Private First-Class

Postby USIron » Mon 19 Feb 2018 23:07

The future is the same as the past. Wargame 4 should be a modern upto date version of Red Dragon, with F35, Foxhound, Bushmaster etc....and add some nations like Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Turkey... more maps allowing different scenarios to be played out. Forget about PC political correctness. Let the PC nazis worry about that. Nobody who plays wargames gives 5 bob about the PC brigade. Losers the lot of them.

Modern wargaming is their fan-base. Ignore us at their peril. Sounds to me like their wannabe new fan base of WW2 is not working anyway, with financial woes, employee strikes as I write this post, and mass dessertion of online multi-player the natural outcome of a misguided company direction. A company who has become out of synch with their fan-base.

They say they couldn't continue with Wargame presently, because they got bored with it and wnated to try something new. Well their fan base hasn't got "bored" with it. Have a look at the steam reviews of their old titles and compare them to their present one. Blind freddy can see that they have made a mistake. If I was them I would make Wargame 4 quickly, before the curtains close altogether.

Bitcohen
Private

Postby Bitcohen » Wed 21 Feb 2018 15:06

This is a useful thread. Thanks for taking the effort to create it.
Has there actually been any official word at all on a Wargame 4? Wargame seems ripe for improvement and addition in any number of areas. I hope that Eugen has been using the time since Red Dragon to plan some substantial innovation for the game series. ;)

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”