Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12369
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

Postby Mike » Thu 22 Feb 2018 17:57

Bitcohen wrote:This is a useful thread. Thanks for taking the effort to create it.
Has there actually been any official word at all on a Wargame 4? Wargame seems ripe for improvement and addition in any number of areas. I hope that Eugen has been using the time since Red Dragon to plan some substantial innovation for the game series. ;)


No. There's nothing official.
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

Airborneguy
Sergeant Major
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun 19 Feb 2012 14:54
Contact:

Re: Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

Postby Airborneguy » Mon 12 Mar 2018 15:42

Dang, I wish they would show something! This is getting so boring

M4jor
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon 13 Jun 2016 12:59
Contact:

Re: Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

Postby M4jor » Mon 19 Mar 2018 15:02

Bitcohen wrote:This is a useful thread. Thanks for taking the effort to create it.
Has there actually been any official word at all on a Wargame 4? Wargame seems ripe for improvement and addition in any number of areas. I hope that Eugen has been using the time since Red Dragon to plan some substantial innovation for the game series. ;)


too lazy to dig out the source, but from what I read/know there will be no more Wargame.
So no wargame 4, no more DLC, no sequel, no nothing.

EUGEN moved on to paradox, and with Paradox they cannot make Wargame because Focus shares or owns the rights for that.
Since Steel Division is a 100% failure, people might hope EUGEN comes back to Wargame, but I do not have high hopes this can or will ever happen.

Note that Wargame 3 (Red Dragon) is still more active today after so many years while Steel Division is almost dead already.

Airborneguy
Sergeant Major
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun 19 Feb 2012 14:54
Contact:

Re: Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

Postby Airborneguy » Wed 21 Mar 2018 03:49

M4jor wrote:
Bitcohen wrote:This is a useful thread. Thanks for taking the effort to create it.
Has there actually been any official word at all on a Wargame 4? Wargame seems ripe for improvement and addition in any number of areas. I hope that Eugen has been using the time since Red Dragon to plan some substantial innovation for the game series. ;)


too lazy to dig out the source, but from what I read/know there will be no more Wargame.
So no wargame 4, no more DLC, no sequel, no nothing.

EUGEN moved on to paradox, and with Paradox they cannot make Wargame because Focus shares or owns the rights for that.
Since Steel Division is a 100% failure, people might hope EUGEN comes back to Wargame, but I do not have high hopes this can or will ever happen.

Note that Wargame 3 (Red Dragon) is still more active today after so many years while Steel Division is almost dead already.


Wait are you serious? Man I loved the Wargame series! Guess they put all their eggs in 2 baskets with AoA and SD. I bought Steel Division, but stopped playing it after a month. Never touched AoA. Man, wonder why they would abandon their base. Odd!

Comrade_Bane
First Sergeant
Posts: 231
Joined: Wed 16 Dec 2015 23:28
Contact:

Re: Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

Postby Comrade_Bane » Wed 21 Mar 2018 04:56

Airborneguy wrote:
M4jor wrote:
Bitcohen wrote:This is a useful thread. Thanks for taking the effort to create it.
Has there actually been any official word at all on a Wargame 4? Wargame seems ripe for improvement and addition in any number of areas. I hope that Eugen has been using the time since Red Dragon to plan some substantial innovation for the game series. ;)


too lazy to dig out the source, but from what I read/know there will be no more Wargame.
So no wargame 4, no more DLC, no sequel, no nothing.

EUGEN moved on to paradox, and with Paradox they cannot make Wargame because Focus shares or owns the rights for that.
Since Steel Division is a 100% failure, people might hope EUGEN comes back to Wargame, but I do not have high hopes this can or will ever happen.

Note that Wargame 3 (Red Dragon) is still more active today after so many years while Steel Division is almost dead already.


Wait are you serious? Man I loved the Wargame series! Guess they put all their eggs in 2 baskets with AoA and SD. I bought Steel Division, but stopped playing it after a month. Never touched AoA. Man, wonder why they would abandon their base. Odd!


Eugen 's idiotic dedication toward "Flavour", coupled with their near contemptuous view of their fanbase and inability to handle constructive criticism was/is their downfall.

Wargame had some of the smartest players, and most dedicated in many ways (and many of the most obnoxious as well). The only game i can recollect where you had a vast number of ppl volunteering to do research for the betterment of the game and begging to have mod tools... and the dev does nothing but troll them and talk down to them. Then they would change game dynamics to spit in the eye of large portions of the fanbase and use "flavour" as justification. Then to top it all off when the fanbase began getting more restless and obnoxious in often in response to their trolling attempts or ill advised changes...they would play the victim.

Name one other dev where
1) You found a underserved and underrepresented but also vast niche market (Cold War setting)
2) Those in Market will do everything to assist the Dev (researching, testing, "Marshal" feedback)
3) You release games that are arguably incomplete (no amphibious capability until RD, limited single player) and with goofy horrid gimmicky incomplete additions (NAVAL)
4) You are STILL profitable and the fanbase is pleading for more
5) You instead decide to make games geared to overserved markets and with watered down dynamics like AoA or Steel Division.

madness...

In th

ivicok
Private
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue 10 May 2016 17:49
Contact:

Re: Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

Postby ivicok » Fri 6 Apr 2018 10:40

Comrade_Bane wrote:Eugen 's idiotic dedication toward "Flavour", coupled with their near contemptuous view of their fanbase and inability to handle constructive criticism was/is their downfall.

Wargame had some of the smartest players, and most dedicated in many ways (and many of the most obnoxious as well). The only game i can recollect where you had a vast number of ppl volunteering to do research for the betterment of the game and begging to have mod tools... and the dev does nothing but troll them and talk down to them. Then they would change game dynamics to spit in the eye of large portions of the fanbase and use "flavour" as justification. Then to top it all off when the fanbase began getting more restless and obnoxious in often in response to their trolling attempts or ill advised changes...they would play the victim.

Name one other dev where
1) You found a underserved and underrepresented but also vast niche market (Cold War setting)
2) Those in Market will do everything to assist the Dev (researching, testing, "Marshal" feedback)
3) You release games that are arguably incomplete (no amphibious capability until RD, limited single player) and with goofy horrid gimmicky incomplete additions (NAVAL)
4) You are STILL profitable and the fanbase is pleading for more
5) You instead decide to make games geared to overserved markets and with watered down dynamics like AoA or Steel Division.

madness...

In th


they seemingly follow the common stereotypes about French

User avatar
Takemori kohoto
Private First-Class
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri 21 Oct 2016 06:22
Contact:

Re: Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

Postby Takemori kohoto » Mon 18 Jun 2018 15:27

What can I say wargame series is somewhat dead but at least to fulfill somewhat of our dream the ash and shadow mod did it. It's live up to our modding community dream. its add stuff that we thought impossible like active protection system and more than 3 weapon in a unit.... etc but well maybe we dont have wargame 4 but I hope that the modding community can do more

(its seem strange to me i dont know because we wasnt able to obtain the game engine due to legal right or what but i hear far way, under the water the silent hunter 5 modding community are planing on buying the modding stuff on their own they even go as far as to ask the dev :?: )
Takemori desu :lol:

User avatar
molnibalage
General
Posts: 6632
Joined: Thu 1 Aug 2013 22:54
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Re: Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

Postby molnibalage » Tue 19 Jun 2018 10:48

Comrade_Bane wrote:Eugen 's idiotic dedication toward "Flavour", coupled with their near contemptuous view of their fanbase and inability to handle constructive criticism was/is their downfall.

Wargame had some of the smartest players, and most dedicated in many ways (and many of the most obnoxious as well). The only game i can recollect where you had a vast number of ppl volunteering to do research for the betterment of the game and begging to have mod tools... and the dev does nothing but troll them and talk down to them.

I cannot remember trolling from Eugen side rather some other forum member did here no matter what was the topic and how many sources was posted about the topic...

(For ex. SAM modeling where a stone age Neva has better stats then Kub which outlassed literally in all parameters and guidance the Neva, being SEAD immune 2K22, Crotale vs. other systems with similar guiance, C cat crotale can have A cat base ACC, insanely high tank base acc stats, etc.)

Eugen did not recognized what caused the era shift and tried to balance in quite a bad way the game from my POV. They totally changed and overbuffed units instead trying upgrading and fix what was not accurate in ALB. ALB was much closer to reality in general modeling. Also simply they did their promises when was on "never happen" and we can see cluster arty in game...

Even RD is RTS the counterarty is just a reflex game in WG it has nothing to do with "tactics". You cannot set your arty "auto retaliate" or any similar things and fire location is not displayed on minimap. If you are fast or lucky you can see the incoming shells otherwise you are doomed. This is one of the most funny aspect of the game.

Also is so funny world where rocket arty has distant dependent accuracy but tuby arty has fix CEP. What...? :roll: :shock:

Also was propsed a system where ships would not be vulearable only by ASMs only stat changes would needed without any coding. Even with flat ECM modifier ships could be countered with land units and also conventional aircraft could be used. (For ex an F-15E with 4xMk84 is not able to to real dmg on frigates or destroyers while in RL certainly would kill this shipts with 4 hits.) Eugen did not even try it change for a test period...

A part of comunitiy asked to disable view stat button to avoid stacking, Eugen did noting. Again...

The last nail was into the coffin was the DLCs with fantasy units from minors...

Time to time I play 2-3 game then I always remembered by the game why I left it ~1 year ago...

3) You release games that are arguably incomplete (no amphibious capability until RD, limited single player) and with goofy horrid gimmicky incomplete additions (NAVAL)

Hm.... Was ever advertised the amphi in ALB? I bougth in Aug. of 2013 I do not know what was the original goal. When EE was released Eugen maye had no idea how successful can be the series.

Limited single player is not the evidecne in being incomplete. Since I recognized what dumb in every game the AI I felt pointless to play any tactical or strartegy game against AI... I play all the campaigns of ALB and RD to say "I have done it", but was painful to see many times what AI does. I has simply more resouces than you and spam units...

Naval is not incompleted IMHO it is just badly designed. It could be strongly upgraded and balanced just Eugen did not try it...

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12369
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

Postby Mike » Sun 8 Jul 2018 22:00

Takemori kohoto wrote:What can I say wargame series is somewhat dead but at least to fulfill somewhat of our dream the ash and shadow mod did it. It's live up to our modding community dream. its add stuff that we thought impossible like active protection system and more than 3 weapon in a unit.... etc but well maybe we dont have wargame 4 but I hope that the modding community can do more.


RD already has active hardkill protection systems with CIWS and the missles shooting down ASMs and speaking of the ships, they have more than 3 weapons per unit, they just weren't displayed on the UI. From what I understand, the issue was showing more than three weapons on the UI, not having more than three weapons on the unit.
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 24 guests