Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

Postby orcbuster » Tue 20 Dec 2016 05:08

Bluecewe wrote:
orcbuster wrote:
Bluecewe wrote:
Has there actually been any official word at all on a Wargame 4?

Nope, suspect there won't be a new title in the wargame series.

May I ask what your reasoning is for this?

Dlc nation vote list
Viker for ingen!

jonas165
Brigadier

Re: Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

Postby jonas165 » Tue 20 Dec 2016 09:13

All I would wish for the future of wargame are extended modding capabilities. The community would surely make the franchise live a few more years then, and any kind of nation, gamemode, map or unit could be put in the game. Especially since wargame has such a strong community.
Alpha release. Click signature for more

Awesomer
Master Sergeant

Wargame 4/Expansion idea - Mines and Demolition

Postby Awesomer » Tue 20 Dec 2016 18:38

Hey all,

I know that someone has probably started a thread on this idea in the past, but I know it hasn't been mentioned for a while. I was thinking a really cool idea would be for the ability of engineering teams/vehicles to deploy either anti-personnel or AT mines. They could be placed at strategic locations, i.e. key roads or forests to slow down enemy movement, lower morale, or deal some damage. I'd imagine these mines could either inflict some kind of crit or just do some damage to the vehicle/tank/infantry. Most coalitions have engineering teams, and those that do not, one could be added.

I was also thinking, and I know this for sure has been mentioned in the past, the idea of destructible terrain. More specifically, it would be cool if you could deploy demolition charges at bridges over rivers or tributaries, to again deny the enemy access to an area (something along the lines of Company of Heroes). Engineering teams and vehicles would be able to repair them. In addition to this, you could have engineering teams deploy bridges over water to grant access for units.

Like I said I know that some of these topics have been brought up before, but I wanted to get the opinion of the community. Also, to FLX (or anyone else who might know), would something like this even be possible, given the game's mechanics?

Thanks!!
Last edited by [EUG]MadMat on Tue 20 Dec 2016 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing thread

Seryn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Wargame 4/Expansion idea - Mines and Demolition

Postby Seryn » Tue 20 Dec 2016 18:52

NO.

CoH doesnt even do demolition well, its a constant annoyance as the slightest thought you are gonna get to their base across the river they blow up the bridge. then you gotta cover the engineering teams while the (Typically) Russian Player spams the hell outta T-34s, Shock (Jesus) Troops and Conscripts (National Guard to Seal Team Six in 2 seconds) to make the Shock (Jesus) troops immortal while you are constantly getting your Engineers killed by Katyusha and Mortar spam. If you cant cross a river in a WW2 Game with a Tiger, MANY Panthers, and Panzergrens/Sturmgrens and engineers to fix the damn bridge.....:

We do NOT need that in Wargame.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Tue 20 Dec 2016 18:58

That falls along the lines of preset defenses which is something Wargame doesn't do.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Awesomer
Master Sergeant

Postby Awesomer » Tue 20 Dec 2016 18:59

Seryn wrote:NO.

CoH doesnt even do demolition well, its a constant annoyance as the slightest thought you are gonna get to their base across the river they blow up the bridge. then you gotta cover the engineering teams while the (Typically) Russian Player spams the hell outta T-34s, Shock (Jesus) Troops and Conscripts (National Guard to Seal Team Six in 2 seconds) to make the Shock (Jesus) troops immortal while you are constantly getting your Engineers killed by Katyusha and Mortar spam. If you cant cross a river in a WW2 Game with a Tiger, MANY Panthers, and Panzergrens/Sturmgrens and engineers to fix the damn bridge.....:

We do NOT need that in Wargame.

LMAO (Conscripts (National Guard to Seal Team Six in 2 seconds) )! That's funny! Okay, yeah there are some annoying parts to that, but you can get around it if engineering vehicles are able to deploy bridges. Plus, maybe COH is a bad example, that 'world' is not as big/expansive as wargame and it is easier to spot and even predict where the enemy has mines and demos. I was also thinking that engineering teams would also be able to detect the locations of mines so you can (as this is how you counter that shit in COH) bomb/mortar/disable the mine.

Awesomer
Master Sergeant

Postby Awesomer » Tue 20 Dec 2016 19:02

Mike wrote:That falls along the lines of preset defenses which is something Wargame doesn't do.

In its current state ;) . But the idea of preset defenses (i.e. pillboxes) has been suggested before: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=58095

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Tue 20 Dec 2016 19:05

I would like destructible bridges.

It would add value to amphibious units, generally seen on lighter decks.

Also, if tank-launched bridges or pontoon bridge trucks are added, it can allow for an interesting dynamic for armored decks.

Engineers could get a "repair bridge" function.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

RoadkillRodger
Lieutenant

Postby RoadkillRodger » Tue 20 Dec 2016 19:14

The fewer rivers and bridge chokepoints wargame sees the better.

Although they simplify map design they are generally not fun to play in Wargame (see: Tropic Thunder, Apocalypse Imminent et al).

'Vertical' rivers are fine for the most part, but 'horizontal' rivers which bisect maps completely are death to the maneuver warfare that makes wargame so much fun.

Seryn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Seryn » Tue 20 Dec 2016 19:25

Problem is, qould it be a weapon slot (weakening the squad) or not (unlimited mines)?

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”