[RD] Map Pack #3 is LIVE!

Ultimaratio
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: [RD] Map Pack #3 is LIVE!

Postby Ultimaratio » Sat 20 Feb 2016 19:14

Maybe I am wrong but SPAAGs are a bit to good vs planes.
Peace to the Shacks! War on the Palaces!-Georg Büchner

EInarial
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EInarial » Sun 21 Feb 2016 01:59

urho wrote:I don't get the M8 AGS nerf.
Yes the damage output is great, but because of its low armor value you need to do a lot of baby sitting.
Furthermore the enemy needs to make big mistakes or it won't face a lot of targets which can't deal with the M8.
I don't see why good micro shouldn't be rewarded and big mistakes shouldn't be punished.

Even before the patch, at 50 points this tank had no place in a meta deck. You were better of taking a M1A1 or an M1A1 HA for that slot.

Eh I used it all the time before the nerf, and I still use it now. The damage output is awesome. Sure, it won't tank hits like an M1A2 but it's a fantastic supporting tank because of the RoF.

Soviet AI
Corporal

Postby Soviet AI » Sun 21 Feb 2016 11:25

Ah, Eugen, what are you doing?

As if American Patriots is not enough to gain air superiority. Anyway, that's pretty much why I'm not paying for any of your upcoming titles after Red Dragon. If you don't want to hear people, they should vote with their money.
ALB was done right and I loved it, while I still can't understand Red Dragon with its bias and questionable changes which lead to playing NATO exclusively for half a year before other side will be made playable again.

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Sun 21 Feb 2016 12:20

Soviet AI wrote:Ah, Eugen, what are you doing?

As if American Patriots is not enough to gain air superiority. Anyway, that's pretty much why I'm not paying for any of your upcoming titles after Red Dragon. If you don't want to hear people, they should vote with their money.
ALB was done right and I loved it, while I still can't understand Red Dragon with its bias and questionable changes which lead to playing NATO exclusively for half a year before other side will be made playable again.

So the Air Force situation is (except unicorn Patriot) somewhat closer to where it should be in a real 1989 scenario and that suddenly makes it unplayable for all REDFOR decks? What BLUFOR Bias in particular? Did I miss out on the Soviets not being the best deck miles before anything else comes around anymore? :o

morpher
Major-General

Postby morpher » Sun 21 Feb 2016 12:34

Soviet AI wrote:Ah, Eugen, what are you doing?

Man, the tomcat is just a waste of points.

Soviet AI
Corporal

Postby Soviet AI » Sun 21 Feb 2016 15:29

Markenzwieback wrote:So the Air Force situation is (except unicorn Patriot) somewhat closer to where it should be in a real 1989 scenario and that suddenly makes it unplayable for all REDFOR decks? What BLUFOR Bias in particular? Did I miss out on the Soviets not being the best deck miles before anything else comes around anymore? :o

Actual war isn't supposed to be balanced, as game should be.

This is a game, which is far from being "real" in numerous things and technical details when it comes to military materiel and it is absolutely normal. And every game should be balanced considering opportunities for players.

If you want me to address BLUFOR options, to my opinion it's about BLUFOR having tools with inappropriate price-to-effectiveness ratio. If you want something "real" - you don't give to Tigers and AH-64D Longbow the same value for armor as for Mi-28 Havoc, while the latter is 1.5 times heavier exactly because designers got order to create armored pterodactyl with enhanced survivability for decent price.
If you want something "real", you don't give fire-and-forget variant (AGM-114L) of Hellfire missile which entered service in 1998 and put 1995 tag for it in the game. So as you do not give H&K G11 or some sci-fi laser guns to spec ops as if it's a real thing.
If you want some "real" 1989 scenario, you don't implement it for air exclusively. M270 ATACMs personnel shouldn't have coffee breaks between launches, they should expect accurate OTR-21 Tochka (SS-21 Scarab A/B) on their heads leaving huge crater after, say, 30 HE damage explosion. Just because there will be ARK-1 "Rys" artillery radar giving designation.
The fascinating accuracy and firing rate of Leclerc unmatched by any tank of opposing side. What is special about French autoloader, care to explain?
The prices to carry out initial airborne deck assault with NATO and PACT. The supremacy of NATO transport helicopters (Lynx and Panthers) both in speed and price over Mi-8/Mi-17. Should I say it is exactly because of slow and expensive transport Gornostrelki and other airborne units become useless.
And I see no reason why Patriot should be "excluded", if there is no SEAD plane in the game able to target it without entering its firing zone. Obvious absence of strategic weapon counterpart on PACT side shows this is one way street. This is what I call bias.

Tomcats in this trend is yet another nail into coffin of this game. Giving so many planes with far-reaching FF missiles guarantees powerful salvo right into cockpit of any opposing plane flying into direction of US battle group. PACT can boast only with 1 MiG-31M, carrying FF missiles and 2 stock MiG-31 having SA missiles, which constantly fail to hit the target when plane makes a turn not to get into AA network full of Patriots.
Taking into account everything mentioned before I can ascertain proficient NATO players acquiring air superiority, which makes any land assault of PACT stomped with all bombing variety without efforts.

P.S.: I believe you have forgot or didn't see that period when NATO had advantage for both quality and price of units, what made playing and winning for PACT side similar to going through needle hole. Nobody wanted to play PACT, so it ended with pathetic NATO vs NATO matches. This game only accumulates imbalance in favor of one side and if creators want to see this project alive and developing, right now is about time to come out with readiness for discussion. The feedback is over here for months already. Or it can be reasonable just cut down most irritating units, stall the work on Red Dragon for good, and move to something more promising.

Crotou
Colonel

Postby Crotou » Sun 21 Feb 2016 16:28

Someone's little heart was hurt.

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Sun 21 Feb 2016 16:39

What's the deal with your name soviet?
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

nWODT_Niack
Captain

Postby nWODT_Niack » Sun 21 Feb 2016 16:41

I was going over my para decks including some supply trucks in all of them, and i noticed that both Germanies don't have access to their respective supply trucks.

Maybe i missed something, but it looks like an oversight.
Croche et Tient

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sun 21 Feb 2016 16:46

nWODT_Niack wrote:I was going over my para decks including some supply trucks in all of them, and i noticed that both Germanies don't have access to their respective supply trucks.

Maybe i missed something, but it looks like an oversight.

Yes you missed something, they just don't have 500 / 800 points supply trucks :(

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”