[RD] Map Pack #3 is LIVE!

nWODT_Niack
Captain

Re: [RD] Map Pack #3 is LIVE!

Postby nWODT_Niack » Sun 21 Feb 2016 17:28

Razzmann wrote:
nWODT_Niack wrote:I was going over my para decks including some supply trucks in all of them, and i noticed that both Germanies don't have access to their respective supply trucks.

Maybe i missed something, but it looks like an oversight.

Yes you missed something, they just don't have 500 / 800 points supply trucks :(

Unacceptable! Germany totally unplayable. Eugene bring German supply in line with other nations, now or i uninstall!
Croche et Tient

Soviet AI
Corporal

Postby Soviet AI » Sun 21 Feb 2016 17:52

Bullfrog wrote:What's the deal with your name soviet?

You mean painted in red? Have no idea, could be some nonsense for those buying the game at alpha-testing stage or something like that.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sun 21 Feb 2016 17:57

nWODT_Niack wrote:
Razzmann wrote:
nWODT_Niack wrote:I was going over my para decks including some supply trucks in all of them, and i noticed that both Germanies don't have access to their respective supply trucks.

Maybe i missed something, but it looks like an oversight.

Yes you missed something, they just don't have 500 / 800 points supply trucks :(

Unacceptable! Germany totally unplayable. Eugene bring German supply in line with other nations, now or i uninstall!

Let me help you with this picture!

This will make Eugen buff the Germanies for sure!

Ultimaratio
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Ultimaratio » Sun 21 Feb 2016 21:05

Not sure if it has been mentioned besides all the rant: Eugen the maps are pretty cool and thx for them.
Peace to the Shacks! War on the Palaces!-Georg Büchner

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Sun 21 Feb 2016 22:47

Soviet AI wrote:If you want something "real", you don't give fire-and-forget variant (AGM-114L) of Hellfire missile which entered service in 1998 and put 1995 tag for it in the game. So as you do not give H&K G11 or some sci-fi laser guns to spec ops as if it's a real thing.
So are Ka-52, BTR-90, and the second generation Flanker crowd more realistic? You could question why the Mi-28 is even in the game when the Akula already is there.

APSinc
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby APSinc » Mon 22 Feb 2016 01:11

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:
Soviet AI wrote:If you want something "real", you don't give fire-and-forget variant (AGM-114L) of Hellfire missile which entered service in 1998 and put 1995 tag for it in the game. So as you do not give H&K G11 or some sci-fi laser guns to spec ops as if it's a real thing.
So are Ka-52, BTR-90, and the second generation Flanker crowd more realistic? You could question why the Mi-28 is even in the game when the Akula already is there.

Agreed. I mean, the Patriot was a bad idea, but if we're considering unicorns that don't belong in the game, all of the US's toys were at least in testing for adoption stage, including the missing F-22 (the one glaring exception being the ATACMs, which was theorized but never produced). BTR-90 was never adopted in time frame, and is still yet to be mass produced. Akula and Mi-28 not in production until 2000s, BMPT (though, to be fair, Comvat and M8 are in the same boat), Zhalo, IL-102, and MRAAM multiroles up the wazoo, despite a noticeable lack of such aircraft in the VVS doctrine at the time.

The units may have been implemented poorly, but if we're talking about unicorns, the USSR has far more ridiculous units (that either never existed, or barely did) than the US, whose "unicorns" do exist, and did in at least some form before the end of the '95.

Saavedra
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Saavedra » Mon 22 Feb 2016 03:53

Eugen simply decided they do not care to replicate Cold War asymmetrical balance. They went for strict points equivalency and that´s more or less what you have.

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Mon 22 Feb 2016 09:48

Soviet AI wrote:

You mean painted in red? Have no idea, could be some nonsense for those buying the game at alpha-testing stage or something like that.

It's probably because of old beta tester status and unintentional at this point. I'll ask Eugen about it.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Mon 22 Feb 2016 19:05

varis wrote:
Soviet AI wrote:

It's probably because of old beta tester status and unintentional at this point. I'll ask Eugen about it.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that was the color for the first beta testers.
Courtesy of KattiValk

CandyMan
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby CandyMan » Mon 22 Feb 2016 19:21

APSinc wrote:the one glaring exception being the ATACMs, which was theorized but never produced

ATACMS does exist irl and has been produced well in time frame. There have been several upgrades though the years.
Your standard pinko Commie swine...
Rabidnid wrote:NK has a veritable cornucopia of mediocrity to choose from when it comes to inexpensive vehicular recon!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”