Mitsubishi F-2 (1995)

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Re: Mitsubishi F-2 (1995)

Postby Spectre_nz » Mon 22 Feb 2016 20:13

75% of the time when there's a "plz gib unit" thread or a "Buff ANZAC" thread I just want to reply "Have you tried mods?"

Its in Ash & Shadows, so that's at least one mod that the F-2 pops up in, along with some 'friends'.

It might be in Wished Dreams as well. I don't see it in the change log however.
Narc, the F2 sounds like the kind of thing that might be in Wished Dreams?

You have vastly better odds of getting modders to put things in for you than you ever did of getting Eugen to add new units.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Mon 22 Feb 2016 21:20

Courtesy of KattiValk

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Mon 22 Feb 2016 21:50

Spectre_nz wrote:75% of the time when there's a "plz gib unit" thread or a "Buff ANZAC" thread I just want to reply "Have you tried mods?"

Its in Ash & Shadows, so that's at least one mod that the F-2 pops up in, along with some 'friends'.

Every time I see such a mod I think "Do you know what balance is?"
Every time I see such a mod I think "Do you want to play against either AI or the same handful of people all the time?"

Communazi
Sergeant Major

Postby Communazi » Mon 22 Feb 2016 22:01

Maybe tomorrow, the good dev will nerf it away

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 22 Feb 2016 22:10

Razzmann wrote:
Spectre_nz wrote:75% of the time when there's a "plz gib unit" thread or a "Buff ANZAC" thread I just want to reply "Have you tried mods?"

Every time I see such a mod I think "Do you want to play against either AI or the same handful of people all the time?"

Maybe you could get your friends together to provide feedback and increase the number of people playing the mod.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

wargamer1985
Brigadier

Postby wargamer1985 » Mon 22 Feb 2016 22:47

Xeno426 wrote:
Razzmann wrote:

Maybe you could get your friends together to provide feedback and increase the number of people playing the mod.

Hey there's an idea! It is amazing what some coordination and effort can do for a person! :lol:
APPLY TO THE GLORIOUS CULT OF THE WARHAWK! LIBERATING NAZIS SINCE 1939!

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Mon 22 Feb 2016 23:57

Shit son, if you've got a hard-on for balance, there are mods for that too.

More seriously; if you don't at least try to engage with a mod, what motivation is there for a dev to give a shit about your opinion?
I started my modding project so I could have the kind of fun I used to have in ALB, plus some of the fun I wish I could have if the timeline moved forward.
Basically the kind of 'fun' that took over WG:RD wasn't my cup of tea.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Tue 23 Feb 2016 00:13

Spectre_nz wrote:

Shit son, if you've got a hard-on for balance, there are mods for that too.

More seriously; if you don't at least try to engage with a mod, what motivation is there for a dev to give a shit about your opinion?
I started my modding project so I could have the kind of fun I used to have in ALB, plus some of the fun I wish I could have if the timeline moved forward.
Basically the kind of 'fun' that took over WG:RD wasn't my cup of tea.

I don't have anything agains mods or modders per se, but imo they are far from being a perfect solution for most stuff. I tried out several mods, including yours. Not saying it is trash or anything, but not my cup of tea, both from a balance and a thematic perspective. And I don't give a shit about most mods in the first place, so why should I want the dev(s) to value my opinion?

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Tue 23 Feb 2016 00:23

I don't have anything agains mods or modders per se, but imo they are far from being a perfect solution for most stuff. I tried out several mods, including yours. Not saying it is trash or anything, but not my cup of tea, both from a balance and a thematic perspective. And I don't give a shit about most mods in the first place, so why should I want the dev(s) to value my opinion?

I'd agree, they're far from a perfect solution.
But currently the only alternatives are "Shut up and play WG as is" or "Wait for WG4", so, I'll take 'player built mods of dubious quality' thanks.

I'm not gonna fault you if the mods aren't you thing. But "Mods aren't well balanced because hardly anyone plays them so there's no input to balance them so no one plays them" is a go nowhere criticism that helps no one.

Steamfunk
Lieutenant

Postby Steamfunk » Tue 23 Feb 2016 01:22

I don't really see what this would add to BD though, wouldn't it just be an KF-16C clone with different weapons? They already have the F-1 and there's no point in adding another ASM plane, either. You could give the F-15J the AMRAAM and AAM-3, set the intro back to 1997 and have it as 2 card proto. Or you could give the F-4EJ the AIM-7F/M and bump the ECM up to 30%. Those a few options for Japan/BD that wouldn't require a new model, plus 1999/2000 production is very late, even by RD standards.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”