Too much artillery

User avatar
Rabidnid
Lieutenant
Posts: 1105
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015 21:33
Contact:

Too much artillery

Postby Rabidnid » Thu 10 Mar 2016 19:31

So, I just had a game where my opponents complained I had too much artillery. I had 3 Serval 60 mm mortars, while the other guys on my side had 4 81 mm mortars and and 2 120 mm mortars respectively.

They had 8 BM-24s, 2 152 mm guns and a Smerch, plus a couple Nonas.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 17F3A520A/

Exactly what do you say to these people, stop running your massive artillery park and I'll stop using my 3 60 mm mortars?
Image

throwaway
Lieutenant
Posts: 1262
Joined: Fri 27 Feb 2015 21:23
Contact:

Re: Too much artillery

Postby throwaway » Thu 10 Mar 2016 19:35

tell them to stop playing destruction :roll:

User avatar
Razzmann
General
Posts: 7497
Joined: Fri 7 Mar 2014 15:29
Location: The land of flowing beer and Sauerkraut.
Contact:

Re: Too much artillery

Postby Razzmann » Thu 10 Mar 2016 19:36

throwaway wrote:tell them to stop playing destruction :roll:

And 4v4s on 1v1 maps...

User avatar
libbmaster
Lieutenant
Posts: 1260
Joined: Sun 2 Jun 2013 00:00
Contact:

Re: Too much artillery

Postby libbmaster » Thu 10 Mar 2016 19:39

Rabidnid wrote:So, I just had a game where my opponents complained I had too much artillery. I had 3 Serval 60 mm mortars, while the other guys on my side had 4 81 mm mortars and and 2 120 mm mortars respectively.

They had 8 BM-24s, 2 152 mm guns and a Smerch, plus a couple Nonas.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 17F3A520A/

Exactly what do you say to these people, stop running your massive artillery park and I'll stop using my 3 60 mm mortars?


Either their hypocrisy is deliberate and they are trolling you, or they are genuinely blind to it and therefore the worst kind of person.

Unfortunately, the outcome is the same either way: there's nothing to gain and everything to lose from calling them out on it.

User avatar
Rabidnid
Lieutenant
Posts: 1105
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015 21:33
Contact:

Re: Too much artillery

Postby Rabidnid » Thu 10 Mar 2016 19:46

Razzmann wrote:
throwaway wrote:tell them to stop playing destruction :roll:

And 4v4s on 1v1 maps...


Yeah, we normally play conquest but these guys like destruction. I prefer maps like Paddy Field, D day or Hop and Glory, but they were hosting.
Image

User avatar
Rabidnid
Lieutenant
Posts: 1105
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015 21:33
Contact:

Re: Too much artillery

Postby Rabidnid » Thu 10 Mar 2016 19:54

libbmaster wrote:
Rabidnid wrote:So, I just had a game where my opponents complained I had too much artillery. I had 3 Serval 60 mm mortars, while the other guys on my side had 4 81 mm mortars and and 2 120 mm mortars respectively.

They had 8 BM-24s, 2 152 mm guns and a Smerch, plus a couple Nonas.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 17F3A520A/

Exactly what do you say to these people, stop running your massive artillery park and I'll stop using my 3 60 mm mortars?


Either their hypocrisy is deliberate and they are trolling you, or they are genuinely blind to it and therefore the worst kind of person.

Unfortunately, the outcome is the same either way: there's nothing to gain and everything to lose from calling them out on it.


The thing is those little mortars killed all their short range AA and stunned every infantry attack, so it is incredibly annoying. I found having to move everything all the time to avoid the Smerch or IL-102 bombing run equally annoying, but in the end we ground them down because they lacked combat troops. i lost 8 mortars and about 6 crotales in the end just because I wasn't always quick enough, or trying to manage too many things at once. Our half of the map looked like a moonscape from all the craters, and the forests were gone from the napalm and smerch. I will tell him to watch the replay and learn to play, and see what happens.
Image

User avatar
CornProducts
Colonel
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon 7 Apr 2014 06:48
Contact:

Re: Too much artillery

Postby CornProducts » Thu 10 Mar 2016 20:06

Rabidnid wrote:Exactly what do you say to these people, stop running your massive artillery park and I'll stop using my 3 60 mm mortars?

Did you win? Usually a "gg" will suffice. 8-)
Image

Tom120
Corporal
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon 8 Feb 2016 20:38
Contact:

Re: Too much artillery

Postby Tom120 » Thu 10 Mar 2016 20:20

Razzmann wrote:
throwaway wrote:tell them to stop playing destruction :roll:

And 4v4s on 1v1 maps...

Or 10v10 on 4v4 map. Typically Strait to the Point ... too small map for these amount of players, but it is in lobby again and again ... so usually +40% inc. and every forest is full of units ... and of course, that causes that only one small starting sector is full of arty ... and more - once a time appears a navy spammers .... so horrible games.
List of maps for wargame: European Escalation, Airland Battle, Red Dragon.

User avatar
triumph
Major
Posts: 1830
Joined: Sun 31 Jul 2011 20:12
Contact:

Re: Too much artillery

Postby triumph » Thu 10 Mar 2016 20:38

Honor
:roll:
Image
Transcend Excellence

User avatar
Rabidnid
Lieutenant
Posts: 1105
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015 21:33
Contact:

Re: Too much artillery

Postby Rabidnid » Thu 10 Mar 2016 21:52

Tom120 wrote:
Razzmann wrote:
throwaway wrote:tell them to stop playing destruction :roll:

And 4v4s on 1v1 maps...

Or 10v10 on 4v4 map. Typically Strait to the Point ... too small map for these amount of players, but it is in lobby again and again ... so usually +40% inc. and every forest is full of units ... and of course, that causes that only one small starting sector is full of arty ... and more - once a time appears a navy spammers .... so horrible games.

I play 10v10 when I'm too lazy to play a real game, but I avoid all the mixed format games because naval is so broken, and stick to the "tactical" games where there aren't any support decks.
Image

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests