morpher wrote:It was a joke, so you really don't see problems in base moto at 5pt with access to transports or moto '90 buffed with access to bmp-3s and btr-90s?
I'd encourage you to re-read the proposal, as I wasn't suggesting mototrelki 90 buffs. Personally I don't really consider the baseline motostrelki 75 transports to be that good, the vast majority are never used anyways with the possible exception of the obr86.
Sorry, missed this before.
Ran your numbers, here's what I got:
1) Agree with jager/gav, not so much dragoner. Base law is really that bad, regardless of the M60 comparison to riflemen.
2) Agreed if the LR get a 5 pt transport, otherwise they'd still be inefficient vis a vis other lines. Also, the +5 point (30%) price increase eliminates the benefit of the ~10% performance bonus from veterancy.
3) I'm not against it.
4) That is a buff, but it doesn't go far enough if we're using current mg3 lines/base motoshutzen as the comparison
5) See above. Brings cost/HE down to ~66, which is still significantly short of the ~50 benchmark, esp. given the base LAW they carry.
6) I like it, but see above (~69 cost/HE this time). I still prefer the KAFV nerf reversion. It's more flavorful, and avoids more statclones.
Overall: even if people stopped using mg3 squads overnight, with the changes you've proposed there'd be little incentive not to just take shock squads instead of line squads.