VulcanHDGamings charity wargame tournament

User avatar
CornProducts
Colonel
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon 7 Apr 2014 06:48
Contact:

Re: VulcanHDGamings charity wargame tournament

Postby CornProducts » Thu 19 May 2016 02:48

Rabidnid wrote:
CornProducts wrote:I wish I was a good enough player to help charities... :cry:



Well someone has to be terrible and come last. Partner up with me or MILINT, and you will look good by comparison.

Oh snap. I only read the "8 invited teams part" and not also the "plus donator teams."

Do both players on the team have to be donators?
Image

User avatar
Rabidnid
Lieutenant
Posts: 1105
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015 21:33
Contact:

Re: VulcanHDGamings charity wargame tournament

Postby Rabidnid » Thu 19 May 2016 03:00

CornProducts wrote:
Rabidnid wrote:
CornProducts wrote:I wish I was a good enough player to help charities... :cry:



Well someone has to be terrible and come last. Partner up with me or MILINT, and you will look good by comparison.

Oh snap. I only read the "8 invited teams part" and not also the "plus donator teams."

Do both players on the team have to be donators?


No idea. I've donated but it was anonymous. You could hook up with Orcbuster.
Image

User avatar
orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12362
Joined: Fri 7 Sep 2012 21:04
Contact:

Re: VulcanHDGamings charity wargame tournament

Postby orcbuster » Thu 19 May 2016 03:02

CornProducts wrote:
Rabidnid wrote:
CornProducts wrote:I wish I was a good enough player to help charities... :cry:



Well someone has to be terrible and come last. Partner up with me or MILINT, and you will look good by comparison.

Oh snap. I only read the "8 invited teams part" and not also the "plus donator teams."

Do both players on the team have to be donators?


Considering the asking price for that is 100 USD I doubt it. I'm going to be looking around and git gud a bit first.
Image
Viker for ingen!

User avatar
CornProducts
Colonel
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon 7 Apr 2014 06:48
Contact:

Re: VulcanHDGamings charity wargame tournament

Postby CornProducts » Thu 19 May 2016 03:54

100 dollars? Dang.

Somebody needs to make a peasants only tourney, where the asking price is a bummed ciggy and you must have wargame installed. Then maybe I'd be able to join.
Image

User avatar
Rabidnid
Lieutenant
Posts: 1105
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015 21:33
Contact:

Re: VulcanHDGamings charity wargame tournament

Postby Rabidnid » Thu 19 May 2016 04:22

CornProducts wrote:100 dollars? Dang.

Somebody needs to make a peasants only tourney, where the asking price is a bummed ciggy and you must have wargame installed. Then maybe I'd be able to join.



I used to pay nearly that much for a 2 day miniatures tournament, so it's no big deal to me, I'm just too crap to be competitive consistently on all maps at the level this would require.
Image

User avatar
CornProducts
Colonel
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon 7 Apr 2014 06:48
Contact:

Re: VulcanHDGamings charity wargame tournament

Postby CornProducts » Thu 19 May 2016 04:41

Rabidnid wrote:
CornProducts wrote:100 dollars? Dang.

Somebody needs to make a peasants only tourney, where the asking price is a bummed ciggy and you must have wargame installed. Then maybe I'd be able to join.



I used to pay nearly that much for a 2 day miniatures tournament, so it's no big deal to me, I'm just too crap to be competitive consistently on all maps at the level this would require.

Not with that attitude!
Image

captaincarnage
Major
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sat 29 Mar 2014 23:50
Contact:

Re: VulcanHDGamings charity wargame tournament

Postby captaincarnage » Thu 19 May 2016 14:18

It would be nice if this tournament doesn't turn into another mixed deck cheese fest, but I'm not holding my breath :(

Great idea otherwise, hope its a success.
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

EInarial
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 681
Joined: Wed 7 May 2014 12:43
Contact:

Re: VulcanHDGamings charity wargame tournament

Postby EInarial » Thu 19 May 2016 14:22

CornProducts wrote:100 dollars? Dang.

Somebody needs to make a peasants only tourney, where the asking price is a bummed ciggy and you must have wargame installed. Then maybe I'd be able to join.


I agree, spare a thought for we students. Although given the price of cigarettes in Aus I doubt very much I could even provide one...

User avatar
Vulcanspirit
Sergeant
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri 14 Sep 2012 15:56
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: VulcanHDGamings charity wargame tournament

Postby Vulcanspirit » Thu 19 May 2016 17:25

The 100 USD reward where you can play, includes yourself and a teammate. Considering you will be playing for what currently is a 350 USD prize pool, coming first place will make your money back and more. All participants will be notified of rules before the tournament but I can guarantee there will be no deck restrictions or percentage caps for units.

User avatar
orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12362
Joined: Fri 7 Sep 2012 21:04
Contact:

Re: VulcanHDGamings charity wargame tournament

Postby orcbuster » Thu 19 May 2016 20:44

Vulcanspirit wrote:The 100 USD reward where you can play, includes yourself and a teammate. Considering you will be playing for what currently is a 350 USD prize pool, coming first place will make your money back and more. All participants will be notified of rules before the tournament but I can guarantee there will be no deck restrictions or percentage caps for units.


Suggest you do an update video and post ot on reddit to keep momentum going.
Image
Viker for ingen!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests