2,000+ people online and I can't find a game - the State of Wargame: Red Lobbysim

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Re: 2,000+ people online and I can't find a game - the State of Wargame: Red Lobbysim

Postby Xeno426 » Thu 26 May 2016 01:26

LoneRifle wrote:I have to ask though. You are a Marshall. IS there a realistic chance Eugen actually listens and tries to implement matchmaking?

For RD? No. It would require a lot of new coding.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Bullfrog
General

Re: 2,000+ people online and I can't find a game - the State of Wargame: Red Lobbysim

Postby Bullfrog » Thu 26 May 2016 01:32

The Eugen dedicated 10v10 destruction servers aren't a problem. The community dedicated servers are, but it's not the core of what's wrong with all the other game mode/lobby/what ever.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Nerdfish
Major

Postby Nerdfish » Thu 26 May 2016 02:16

I also want to point out the ability to view profile is a good thing. Back when there was no ability to view profiles, new players keep getting baited into stomp lobbies, then they get frustrated and quit, this doesn't help anyone.

Trimen
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Trimen » Thu 26 May 2016 05:56

The best way to mitigate pubstomps is to have an integrated VOIP.

This will reduce the problem not outright eliminate it.

Thought VOIP will be a double edged sword if the Chat Lobby is any indicator.

Aus Askar
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Aus Askar » Thu 26 May 2016 07:58

Trimen wrote:The best way to mitigate pubstomps is to have an integrated VOIP.

As an xbox live veteran Wargame's neckbeard crowd wouldn't be that bad :D

codextero
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby codextero » Thu 26 May 2016 08:16

Aus Askar wrote:
Trimen wrote:The best way to mitigate pubstomps is to have an integrated VOIP.

As an xbox live veteran Wargame's neckbeard crowd wouldn't be that bad :D

Endless putin/obama is a nazi/heil ****** spam in your ear for the duration of the game.

Azura
Corporal

Postby Azura » Thu 26 May 2016 08:26

Stopping by to say I love 10v10's and they're definitely my favorite.

eR_Spectre
Sergeant First-Class

Postby eR_Spectre » Thu 26 May 2016 08:47

Regarding MM and the fact the automatch can't be done as Eugen don't want to allow mixed blue/red teams:

Let's make players select both red and blue deck and let mm distribute them to both teams, so players will play with decks they selected for either bluefor or redfor according team they were assigned to. Problem with mixed teams solved.

Even a simple matchmaking would help - for example the one only considering W/L ratio or considering Blue/Red W/L ratio. Not perfect, but good enough to get a bit better balanced matches means more pleasing matches for new players or players which don't want to way in lobby forever. I would let players to choose mod (destruction or conquest or both), and 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 or 10v10 (multiple choices allowed).

Grosnours
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Grosnours » Thu 26 May 2016 09:59

LoneRifle wrote:I have to ask though. You are a Marshall. IS there a realistic chance Eugen actually listens and tries to implement matchmaking?

Xeno426 wrote:For RD? No. It would require a lot of new coding.

Couldn't have phrased it better.
It's been always been made quite clear that anything requiring non trivial coding was off limit, especially for a fundamental change like matchmaking.

Besides some current characteristic of the game are deliberate choices made by Eugen, however odd they might seem. I for one can't understand for the life of me why an unmonitored chat system was ever implemented, but here it is.

In other terms, we can hope such changes for the next wargame only, if there's one.

raventhefuhrer
Colonel

Postby raventhefuhrer » Thu 26 May 2016 10:21

Yeah I didn't say it in the OP, but basically this thread isn't meant to affect Red Dragon much - Wargame 4 is the battle that needs to be fought.
My YouTube Channel is Raven Wargaming. Message me to request videos on certain topics.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”