Paid DLC.. how it's working out?

HaryPL
Lieutenant

Paid DLC.. how it's working out?

Postby HaryPL » Thu 26 May 2016 14:14

So.. it's been a week?
How it's going?

There must have been some plans and marketing goals, how are actual sales and popular demand fitting into investor's expectations?
It's not Cinema market but by the week there should be at least some preliminarny results on sales and general idea of paid DLC for Wargame :)

Razzmann
General

Re: Paid DLC.. how it's working out?

Postby Razzmann » Thu 26 May 2016 15:54

Last thing I heard is that not even MadMat knows the numbers... so I guess we have to wait.

raventhefuhrer
Colonel

Postby raventhefuhrer » Thu 26 May 2016 19:38

My personal sense is that the DLC has been a success. Among my group of friends and acquaintances, virtually everyone has bought it and shown a positive attitude. I'd be worried if people were grumbling about it, or saying 'hell no, I'm not going to support them further until _____' but that hasn't been the case and everyone I know bought it on day one.
My YouTube Channel is Raven Wargaming. Message me to request videos on certain topics.

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Thu 26 May 2016 19:53

raventhefuhrer wrote:My personal sense is that the DLC has been a success. Among my group of friends and acquaintances, virtually everyone has bought it and shown a positive attitude. I'd be worried if people were grumbling about it, or saying 'hell no, I'm not going to support them further until _____' but that hasn't been the case and everyone I know bought it on day one.

Actually even my motivation, though I disagree with certain aspects of it and firmly believe they should get changed (i.e. being able to make dummy decks for real, just not be able to play with them until you buy the DLC), was to buy this one dlc to increase the chances that further nations get implemented. And I think the motivation was similar with many others, buy this one no matter what.

True success will be measured by how a potential second and third DLC sells

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Thu 26 May 2016 19:54

raventhefuhrer wrote:My personal sense is that the DLC has been a success. Among my group of friends and acquaintances, virtually everyone has bought it and shown a positive attitude. I'd be worried if people were grumbling about it, or saying 'hell no, I'm not going to support them further until _____' but that hasn't been the case and everyone I know bought it on day one.

me 2 , quite a success i say
Of Salt

PzAz04Maus
Lieutenant

Postby PzAz04Maus » Thu 26 May 2016 20:00

Most of the cynics I know don't really seem to mind.

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Thu 26 May 2016 20:09

Though my group has not bought the DLC (i am still super tempted, damn you eugen!) they are fine with the concept and idea, the main thing stopping them is simply that the Dutch dont add what they want, which simply is ANZAC in the BETA days, if eugen ever does a DLC adding a nation which is fairly like that, i suspect they would happily buy it.

I would not be suprised if its sales have gone so well as to encourage multiple other faction dlcs to happen. Though i would say that the Dutch were not in my top 5, i do hope that eugen will look to the community and perhaps even ask them what they will want in the future mixed with which new countries add new gameplay options as to allow for the maximum sales and diverse gameplay(aka not pick nations which are little more than reskins of other nations and play the exact same way).

raventhefuhrer
Colonel

Postby raventhefuhrer » Thu 26 May 2016 20:13

To be honest, I actually think it's overdue. Everyone can feel that Red Dragon's development cycle has suffered as a natural result of the unpaid DLC model. I even remember in the months leading up to Red Dragon's release, the community's confidence in Eugen was actually really high and people were advocating small cosmetic DLC, or even an online store to purchase Eugen/Wargame T-shirts because we liked the games and wanted to support Eugen more.

Unfortunately I think we've kind of missed the boat on that. A lot of players have left the franchise, and I think much of that good will has been squandered over the past two years. But the reaction so far, as far as I can see it at least, to the DLC is a really great sign.
My YouTube Channel is Raven Wargaming. Message me to request videos on certain topics.

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Thu 26 May 2016 20:18

raventhefuhrer wrote:To be honest, I actually think it's overdue. Everyone can feel that Red Dragon's development cycle has suffered as a natural result of the unpaid DLC model. I even remember in the months leading up to Red Dragon's release, the community's confidence in Eugen was actually really high and people were advocating small cosmetic DLC, or even an online store to purchase Eugen/Wargame T-shirts because we liked the games and wanted to support Eugen more.

Unfortunately I think we've kind of missed the boat on that. A lot of players have left the franchise, and I think much of that good will has been squandered over the past two years. But the reaction so far, as far as I can see it at least, to the DLC is a really great sign.

I think the massive difference of BETA vs the day 1 release might have done alot of that damage too (i mean that nearly got a dozen people i knew to out and out not play from then onwards, it took me a few weeks of basically begging to get them to play the game with me).

But as you say, they have had alot of diehard fans, many left over the last couple years due to their personal wants not going ahead, or because of x y or z, but this has the ability to breath life back into the game, hopefully eugen can use this to give people changes/factions they want to help them enjoy the game again and build the good will.

morpher
Major-General

Postby morpher » Thu 26 May 2016 20:23

Mitchverr wrote:i do hope that eugen will look to the community and perhaps even ask them what they will want in the future mixed with which new countries add new gameplay options as to allow for the maximum sales and diverse gameplay(aka not pick nations which are little more than reskins of other nations and play the exact same way).

I don't see a problem with nations reskin. If you read all the wishlist threads players want to play their nation, it doesn't matter if it is just a bunch of already existing units. Maybe with a lower price, e.g. 3€ for Bulgaria DLC.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”