Paid DLC.. how it's working out?

urogard
Brigadier

Re: Paid DLC.. how it's working out?

Postby urogard » Fri 27 May 2016 10:56

varis wrote:
urogard wrote:Let's see how many of these players remain after 2 months.

You think they need more than 2 months to get the next one out?

It's been a bit over 2 months since the supposedly "final" patch came out when they couldn't truly promise anything in the future (or rather were finishing up the major patch for AoA so they didn't know the details themselves)

Date of next one coming out will depend on 2 major factors:
- stick to 1 country per DLC or release more, 1.5 months per nation seems not too farfetched (the price would need adjusting though, I'm not going to be giving 6 Eur per nation, even for really exotic nations like india/israel)
- will major (and I mean major, not post-DLC fine tuning) patches only happen coupled with DLC release (marketing-wise, this is the smart option, which is what I think they will go for)

So I'm not expecting anything new in under 2-3 months TBH
Probably 2 minor patches in the time between

However I would really love for this DLC thing to take off and we get some promos for Wargame 4 for mid/late 2017 soon.
And if they really want to make business and prevent buyers remorse, then making sure that nation DLCs bought for RD will be transferrable to Wargame 4 also would be a rather smart move (and would justify keeping a price of 5 eur per nation at least and would prevent people from hesitating when purchasing nation DLCs for RD if there might be a Wargame 4 coming out half a year later)

Other than that:

thenosh
Lieutenant

Postby thenosh » Fri 27 May 2016 11:01

6 bucks seems like an okay price to me.
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Fri 27 May 2016 11:10

thenosh wrote:6 bucks seems like an okay price to me.

we talking USD or Eur?
because 6 eur is 6.7 USD (not sure how much the DLC was in USD, but when the game costs 39.99 Eur in the USA it's 39.99 USD, so I also assume it's the same)

Also the price is constant for the entire eurozone, so even for countries where the purchasing power parity is somewhere around 30-40% less than in germany/france, they still pay the same 6 Eur

So now imagine not paying 6 USD, but somewhere around 10 USD, are you going to pay that much for one single nation?

raventhefuhrer
Colonel

Postby raventhefuhrer » Fri 27 May 2016 17:31

varis wrote:-snip-

The important thing in your comments is balance patches. For most of Red Dragon we've languished with months and months between patches, and when we did get them they were enormous, meta-altering bombs that were dropped and then mainly left to settle for more months. Even this most recent patch, I feel that there were significant changes that have altered the meta, and balance of power in ways that I'm still coming to terms with.

In short, we need to have more frequent patches. My hope is that by the end of June we'll have had another meaningful patch, and also another DLC of some variety. If I were Eugen, that's the pace I would set and it would signal a renewed interest and activity in the franchise that will spur players to pay attention and play more often.

If they've given us this patch, and this nation pack, and then let the game sit until Septemer or so then we'll know that nothing's really changed.
My YouTube Channel is Raven Wargaming. Message me to request videos on certain topics.

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Fri 27 May 2016 17:40

urogard wrote:

we talking USD or Eur?
because 6 eur is 6.7 USD (not sure how much the DLC was in USD, but when the game costs 39.99 Eur in the USA it's 39.99 USD, so I also assume it's the same)

Also the price is constant for the entire eurozone, so even for countries where the purchasing power parity is somewhere around 30-40% less than in germany/france, they still pay the same 6 Eur

So now imagine not paying 6 USD, but somewhere around 10 USD, are you going to pay that much for one single nation?

And us brits pay more then you guys, GG no RE :lol: the amount pending on if based on euro or dollar we should pay is £4.10-4.40 or so, we pay the full £5 which is like 6.60 euro or $7.30 or something, we know your feel as we have this for every, single, game, ever. :lol:

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Fri 27 May 2016 17:48

urogard wrote:

we talking USD or Eur?

Do people in Europe typically use the term "buck" to refer to Euros?
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

thenosh
Lieutenant

Postby thenosh » Fri 27 May 2016 17:53

Xeno426 wrote:
urogard wrote:

we talking USD or Eur?

Do people in Europe typically use the term "buck" to refer to Euros?

Lol no. I'm non native english speaker, so I use it like it's used by english speakers, so just for my currency (which is not yuros)
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Fri 27 May 2016 18:53

Mitchverr wrote:And us brits pay more then you guys, GG no RE :lol: the amount pending on if based on euro or dollar we should pay is £4.10-4.40 or so, we pay the full £5 which is like 6.60 euro or $7.30 or something, we know your feel as we have this for every, single, game, ever. :lol:

#AmericanExceptionalism
Courtesy of KattiValk

CornProducts
Colonel

Postby CornProducts » Fri 27 May 2016 18:57

urogard wrote:

we talking USD or Eur?

Do you want me to steam wallet gift you 70 cents?

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Fri 27 May 2016 19:57

CornProducts wrote:Do you want me to steam wallet gift you 70 cents?

Khajiit always accepts coin
But you ain't gettin any of my modernas

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”