Paid DLC.. how it's working out?

urogard
Brigadier

Re: Paid DLC.. how it's working out?

Postby urogard » Thu 26 May 2016 22:49

orcbuster wrote:Well we now have more players than we've had in over a year so playerwise I'd say it's been a rousing success.

http://steamcharts.com/app/251060

Also steamspy estimates around 40000 sales in the past week of RD. With 60000 individual players in the past 2 weeks.

http://steamspy.com/app/251060

Let's see how many of these players remain after 2 months.

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Thu 26 May 2016 23:19

urogard wrote:
orcbuster wrote:Well we now have more players than we've had in over a year so playerwise I'd say it's been a rousing success.

http://steamcharts.com/app/251060

Also steamspy estimates around 40000 sales in the past week of RD. With 60000 individual players in the past 2 weeks.

http://steamspy.com/app/251060

Let's see how many of these players remain after 2 months.

Enough that we'll stay at roughly the same player count that we've had since launch for another year is my guess.
Viker for ingen!

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Thu 26 May 2016 23:25

morpher wrote:
Mitchverr wrote:i do hope that eugen will look to the community and perhaps even ask them what they will want in the future mixed with which new countries add new gameplay options as to allow for the maximum sales and diverse gameplay(aka not pick nations which are little more than reskins of other nations and play the exact same way).

I don't see a problem with nations reskin. If you read all the wishlist threads players want to play their nation, it doesn't matter if it is just a bunch of already existing units. Maybe with a lower price, e.g. 3€ for Bulgaria DLC.

Dont get me wrong, i am totally cool with that, i just, i dunno, i would like to get "new playstyles" first myself then go for the more usual types with reskins, or go 1 then other, given what has been said in the past it doesnt seem like eugen has the size for making multiple DLCs all at once sadly.

Thats what i would like to see and would keep me and my friends playing, didnt mean to sound elitist of "no to the Bulgarians!" (i kid i kid)

Solo
Brigadier

Postby Solo » Thu 26 May 2016 23:46

I think it has been a success. I would like to see more, maybe 2 more redfor nations and 1 more bluefor nation and potentially a new unit or two for the original nations in any upcoming DLCs as a bonus.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Thu 26 May 2016 23:51

If there will be a next DLC it would be nice if NK could get a nice unit (available for everyone), just like ANZAC got the Vickers.

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Fri 27 May 2016 00:36

Razzmann wrote:If there will be a next DLC it would be nice if NK could get a nice unit (available for everyone), just like ANZAC got the Vickers.

TBF NK got a semi decent unit for the mass DLC thing, the ANZACs didnt (a milan 1 M113... lol)

Though if they do another unit release for older forces, i hope they dont fall into the trap of DLC locking them, if a faction is out, anything added should be in its faction DLC or the core game depending who it is for.

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Fri 27 May 2016 01:18

Yeah, I highly doubt we'll get paid dlc for existing nations.

Free bonus as a part of a dlc launch sure. That would make a lot of sense and underlinw that its the nation you've paid for.
Viker for ingen!

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Fri 27 May 2016 01:32

if they do not add a NK unit bonus, I will........... continue to buy the Yugoslavia and Israel and Mexico nation packs.

delfo
Major-General

Postby delfo » Fri 27 May 2016 01:45

frostypooky wrote:if they do not add a NK unit bonus, I will........... continue to buy the Yugoslavia and Israel and Mexico nation packs.

You made Argentina feel sad. Panama misses you, Grenada says hi. Cuba called, it wants you to take your stuff out of its garage.

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Fri 27 May 2016 01:49

delfo wrote:
frostypooky wrote:if they do not add a NK unit bonus, I will........... continue to buy the Yugoslavia and Israel and Mexico nation packs.

You made Argentina feel sad. Panama misses you, Grenada says hi. Cuba called, it wants you to take your stuff out of its garage.

Not to mention South Africa is upset you ignore their cool accents now and Italy made spag-ball just for you.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”