Nation Pack? DLC not free anymore?

oneshot
Staff Sergeant

Nation Pack? DLC not free anymore?

Postby oneshot » Wed 8 Jun 2016 10:55

So, I just finished my exam today and the first thing to do when i got back home is play wargame red dragon. I turn on my computer and play the game straight away and... WTF?????

DLC Nation Pack for Netherlands? Clearly im just going crazy here but for HK$49 ????? You just made my day

Okay, I live in hong kong and $49 dollars to me is like a rip off. Believe me im studying accounting, and that $49 dollars DLC is not worth it, i mean, Netherlands is not in Aisa, only 80 new units(so little), and since when did wargame turn into a mcdonald. I have been a long time wargame player since Airland Battle came out and since then there has been no dlc that we need to pay... until now.

Well if you're going to charge us money for playing your copycat units, why not add india? Why not stick to the theme: Red Dragon meaning the theme of this game is war in Aisa. Why not improve Naval battle and add Carries in maps for us to defend as an objective? Why not simply add more destroyers like Arleigh Burke-class? Don't you developers see the recent news about South China Sea where China is reclaiming the islands? That is where you start with, a navy battle in South China Sea. I bought this game in good faith to play as my country, China, to play the war in Aisa and it always feels like the game isnt finished: the naval battles are not what it looks like in trailers and arent exactly playable and redundant, the units functions are as same as the ones in Airland battle, the only time i got excited is when you add flares to planes... but not added to choppers, i mean the game is okay but honestly, its a game copied from Airland battle where units functions are the same, only changes are artillery damage, ships that do almost nothing and get destroyed easily, amphibious tanks that are irrelevant to the battle once it gets spotted and other stuff i dont have strong memory of.

If you're going to sell us nations per DLC, please try and add new features to the game in that DLC or whats the point in buying shitty copycat units from another country that has the same function as the ones I have for free, lol no logic in terms of marketing. Add new maps or cruise missile etc

Well, you might say that i NOT buy the DLC instead of wasting my time in complaining but you know what, i like wargame and i want this to be a great game, instead im just another guy who the developers dont care, and as I have warned them now, I will wish them good luck in not losing money, like in AoA. (if AoA isnt losing money, then why are they charging us for DLC but who knows? Whatever, Im just going to watch Zootopia and play battlefield 4 after this.)
Shifu wrote:Download the replays and put them into C:\Users\YourUsername\Saved Games\EugenSystems\Wargame3 - then you can watch them from ingame.

Razzmann
General

Re: Nation Pack? DLC not free anymore?

Postby Razzmann » Wed 8 Jun 2016 11:02

Maybe read this first:
http://aoa.eugensystems.com/announcing- ... ed-dragon/

Netherlands was the nation that barely did not make it in back in EE, so it would have been the first nation that would make it in if they ever added more.
Also, IF there are more nation packs (depends on the success), the community can vote on them. And of course you don't have to have it in order to play with others that DO have it.

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Wed 8 Jun 2016 11:09

49$? sure you don't mean 4.99$
Viker for ingen!

oneshot
Staff Sergeant

Postby oneshot » Wed 8 Jun 2016 11:19

orcbuster wrote:49$? sure you don't mean 4.99$

Well, that would be around HK$44 dollars and thats enough to buy 2 McDonald's cheese burger with 2 medium size fries packets and 2 medium size cups of coke.
Shifu wrote:Download the replays and put them into C:\Users\YourUsername\Saved Games\EugenSystems\Wargame3 - then you can watch them from ingame.

oneshot
Staff Sergeant

Postby oneshot » Wed 8 Jun 2016 11:23

Razzmann wrote:Maybe read this first:
http://aoa.eugensystems.com/announcing- ... ed-dragon/

Netherlands was the nation that barely did not make it in back in EE, so it would have been the first nation that would make it in if they ever added more.
Also, IF there are more nation packs (depends on the success), the community can vote on them. And of course you don't have to have it in order to play with others that DO have it.
I was gone for like 3 months and if i were to pay a crappy dlc with one nation, 80 copycat units and no new maps, you're going to have to impress me more than that. Meaning that the developers has to implement some new features into the game, and if they did, regardless of the money, i will definitely pay it but this Nation pack dlc, no way.

throwaway
Lieutenant

Postby throwaway » Wed 8 Jun 2016 11:28

You don't have to pay for it, just don't hate eugen for releasing something that doesn't interest you :lol:

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Wed 8 Jun 2016 11:30

oneshot wrote:I was gone for like 3 months and if i were to pay a crappy dlc with one nation, 80 copycat units and no new maps, you're going to have to impress me more than that. Meaning that the developers has to implement some new features into the game, and if they did, regardless of the money, i will definitely pay it but this Nation pack dlc, no way.

And I don't want you to buy it. And guess what, nobody forces you to buy it. Besides the 2 free DLC's (Scandi and EB) which were promised from the start, we got even more free DLC afterwards. If you don't like this DLC, sure, that is your right. But don't make a topic about it crying how "bad" it is etc., post it in the thread made by MadMat.
And implementing new features for money will surely never be done as it would split the community or would be pay 2 win.

nWODT_Niack
Captain

Postby nWODT_Niack » Wed 8 Jun 2016 11:41

OP feels entitled without any right to be.

Razzmann wrote:
oneshot wrote:I was gone for like 3 months and if i were to pay a crappy dlc with one nation, 80 copycat units and no new maps, you're going to have to impress me more than that. Meaning that the developers has to implement some new features into the game, and if they did, regardless of the money, i will definitely pay it but this Nation pack dlc, no way.

And I don't want you to buy it. And guess what, nobody forces you to buy it. Besides the 2 free DLC's (Scandi and EB) which were promised from the start, we got even more free DLC afterwards. If you don't like this DLC, sure, that is your right. But don't make a topic about it crying how "bad" it is etc., post it in the thread made by MadMat.
And implementing new features for money will surely never be done as it would split the community or would be pay 2 win.

Precisely.
Croche et Tient

oneshot
Staff Sergeant

Postby oneshot » Wed 8 Jun 2016 12:04

Razzmann wrote:

Okay, where i come from, when people sell you a product thats clearly worthless, you dont buy it. But whatever, Im here because i want to pay more. Pay more features to the game. Hell, ill even pay the original price of the game if they implemented aircraft carriers into the game. Im not saying that nation pack dlc is bad, what im trying to say is try something new, instead of copying units and call it a day. But if they are making dlc out of copycat units, then the whole strategy is wrong. I assume the developers want to make money but this is the wrong way in terms of marketing, i mean only fans would buy Netherlands because its not a major game changer, its only one country thats has 80 units. And this could continue on from Finland dlc to Israel dlc nation packs, and what this does is that players would start to find that each dlc are just some copycat units, maybe some maps but no major features.

So, heres my opinion: what we all want is something thats a game changer, a big feature and thats when the money rolls in, and If u still dont understand what im trying to say here, then im sorry, i wouldn't continue on debating over this game with you anymore.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Wed 8 Jun 2016 12:10

What you also have to see is that Eugen hasn't ever made a DLC that is not free (at least not since RUSE iirc), so they have absolutely no idea how the community would react to that.
Now what you also have to see is that creating models costs Eugen money and time (I am not an expert but iirc, actually quite a lot of both). So should they take a risk, make a whole load of new models and in the end barely anyone buys it?
I am pretty sure another reason why they chose Netherlands was exactly that there are so many similar units. This means they mostly have to make new skins and just change a few stats of some units.
If this DLC turns out to be successfull, then Eugen has an idea of how much money they can invest and therefore implement a nation with a lot more indigenous stuff. Like Yugoslavia.

It is not only a question of what the community wants, but also of how many would even buy a DLC for a 2 year old game.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”