Nation Pack? DLC not free anymore?

User avatar
Leviathan
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon 13 Feb 2012 15:11
Location: steeelth enabled
Contact:

Re: Nation Pack? DLC not free anymore?

Postby Leviathan » Wed 8 Jun 2016 12:29

honestly, you don't miss much if you don't get the DLC anyway. It's a nice, shining trinket. But that's not the point.

Point is you can't expect them to add new units, reskins and the like for free in a game where they already stated years back that there won't be any new units added. Now they changed their mind and I can't hardly blame them that they are trying to squeeze some bucks out of it. Most of us are happy to pay anyway, trying to breeze some life into an agonizing patient this way. For me it' about sending a message rather than spending some bucks for units the worlds didn't need but was happy to receive.

I don't really see no point in complaining about being charged a small amount for a completely optional, non-essential rather "cosmetic" gadget DLC after having received 2 major, ESSENTIAL DLCs and 2 map packs for frigging FREE.

User avatar
oneshot
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue 1 Jul 2014 15:56
Location: Pearl Of The Orient
Contact:

Re: Nation Pack? DLC not free anymore?

Postby oneshot » Wed 8 Jun 2016 12:43

Razzmann wrote:What you also have to see is that Eugen hasn't ever made a DLC that is not free (at least not since RUSE iirc), so they have absolutely no idea how the community would react to that.
Now what you also have to see is that creating models costs Eugen money and time (I am not an expert but iirc, actually quite a lot of both). So should they take a risk, make a whole load of new models and in the end barely anyone buys it?
I am pretty sure another reason why they chose Netherlands was exactly that there are so many similar units. This means they mostly have to make new skins and just change a few stats of some units.
If this DLC turns out to be successfull, then Eugen has an idea of how much money they can invest and therefore implement a nation with a lot more indigenous stuff. Like Yugoslavia.

It is not only a question of what the community wants, but also of how many would even buy a DLC for a 2 year old game.
Lol, if what you're saying is true, then i can only picture this: game developers got no balls(or money) to invest in other major projects and instead use limited time and money to make a dlc just to test out how fanboys react.

Heres my opinion: instead of modeling tanks, ships or planes, why not implement a whole new game mode? Only destruction, conquest, economy, and siege were created game modes. Why not create a game mode in a navy map where we have to protect our aircraft carrier like FOB, wht not create a game mode where theres only infantry, why even bother with units balancing and creating units, it would only cause more unbalance, and in terms of dlc, i think the game developers can test out their new game mode by using dlc so that not only it could generate some money and test it out, but also not ruining the game itself.

If you, Razzman, have any opinions in improving the game and at the same time not lose money, not lose game quality like balancing, and not lose fanboys, i would LOVE to hear your opinions instead of arguing about haters that hate the game and spamming complaints about balancing units which could take forever to do that.

You understand me?
Shifu wrote:Download the replays and put them into C:\Users\YourUsername\Saved Games\EugenSystems\Wargame3 - then you can watch them from ingame.

User avatar
Razzmann
General
Posts: 7497
Joined: Fri 7 Mar 2014 15:29
Location: The land of flowing beer and Sauerkraut.
Contact:

Re: Nation Pack? DLC not free anymore?

Postby Razzmann » Wed 8 Jun 2016 12:58

oneshot wrote:Lol, if what you're saying is true, then i can only picture this: game developers got no balls(or money) to invest in other major projects and instead use limited time and money to make a dlc just to test out how fanboys react.

They had the "balls" when it came to AoA and it clearly was not a huge success. And you can't expect them to completely focus on a 2+ year old game.
And I am pretty sure that a only a minor part of the company works on the DLCs, they still HAVE to bring out a new game some day, unless they don't want to make games anymore.

oneshot wrote:Heres my opinion: instead of modeling tanks, ships or planes, why not implement a whole new game mode? Only destruction, conquest, economy, and siege were created game modes. Why not create a game mode in a navy map where we have to protect our aircraft carrier like FOB, wht not create a game mode where theres only infantry, why even bother with units balancing and creating units, it would only cause more unbalance, and in terms of dlc, i think the game developers can test out their new game mode by using dlc so that not only it could generate some money and test it out, but also not ruining the game itself.

Because it would split the already small community even more. And a new game mode will probably not bring as many people back as a new faction (though, agreed, it is not necessarily completely "new" per se).

oneshot wrote:If you, Razzman, have any opinions in improving the game and at the same time not lose money, not lose game quality like balancing, and not lose fanboys, i would LOVE to hear your opinions instead of arguing about haters that hate the game and spamming complaints about balancing units which could take forever to do that.

You understand me?

Of course I have opinions. But new gameplay mechanics, game modes etc. would require coding, could create new bugs and even if you implement that you would have to charge money for it since it would probably require a lot of work for such a small company. And if you charge money for it, you would split the community or (like I said) make the game p2w.

So in my opinion, just continue adding 2,3,4 (depending on how successfull they (possible) future DLCs will be) nations (for money) and keep balancing the game as well.

User avatar
molnibalage
General
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu 1 Aug 2013 22:54
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Re: Nation Pack? DLC not free anymore?

Postby molnibalage » Wed 8 Jun 2016 13:01

oneshot wrote:Heres my opinion: instead of modeling tanks, ships or planes, why not implement a whole new game mode?

Exactly. Tons of new game modes were recommended, most of them with minimal coding could be implemented...

Why not create a game mode in a navy map where we have to protect our aircraft carrier like FOB, wht not create a game mode where theres only infantry, why even bother with units balancing and creating units, it would only cause more unbalance, and in terms of dlc, i think the game developers can test out their new game mode by using dlc so that not only it could generate some money and test it out, but also not ruining the game itself.

Requesting new game mode is a good idea but the listed options in this part are not good. Navy party is at least partially broken, only inf. game would be a totally retarded game. The pont of ALB over EE was introducing planes and modeling more better the real combined arms warfare. This is the point of WG universe. Such a game setting would be totally retarded...

New game mode should be fox. ex. a differnt type of couq. where is not CV sniping deterines, rather gaining a zone require occupy only by force of a single side, or combining the destr. + counq., or any other things. You ideas are very, very far from this and kill what is the heart of the game.

Another way of upgrade to fix and introduce new absraction. For ex setting distance dependent dispersion for arty. It is totally idiotic and bad absraction what exist for arty vs. rocket arty. At same distance mortart is more accurate than a heavy gun and a heavy gun with 30 km why is far more accurate than a rocket?

What about pre aim option for arty to make useful older arty?

etc, etc...

User avatar
oneshot
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue 1 Jul 2014 15:56
Location: Pearl Of The Orient
Contact:

Re: Nation Pack? DLC not free anymore?

Postby oneshot » Wed 8 Jun 2016 13:27

So what you're trying to say is that
Razzmann wrote:They had the "balls" when it came to AoA and it clearly was not a huge success. And you can't expect them to completely focus on a 2+ year old game.
they(the game developers) dont know how to make a good game in terms of marketing.

And that
Razzmann wrote:Because it would split the already small community even more. And a new game mode will probably not bring as many people back as a new faction (though, agreed, it is not necessarily completely "new" per se).

Adding new features like new game modes would cause the community go chaos.

And,
Razzmann wrote:Of course I have opinions. But new gameplay mechanics, game modes etc. would require coding, could create new bugs and even if you implement that you would have to charge money for it since it would probably require a lot of work for such a small company. And if you charge money for it, you would split the community or (like I said) make the game p2w.
The game developers don't know where they're going and if someone has an idea of improving the game, the community goes apeshit.

So your conclusion is to
Razzmann wrote:So in my opinion, just continue adding 2,3,4 (depending on how successfull they (possible) future DLCs will be) nations (for money) and keep balancing the game as well.
continue on making dlc after dlc and possibly(or hopefully) generate enough money to make a new game like wargame4.

Okay, Razzman if what ur saying is true then im just going to watch zootopia with my girlfriend(i have a life) and forget what i have said previously. I am sorry if i have offended those fanboys out there, seeing that the community matters the most and not think of the big picture(like new ideas and future of wargame) then its time for me to forget this BS.
Last edited by oneshot on Wed 8 Jun 2016 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
Shifu wrote:Download the replays and put them into C:\Users\YourUsername\Saved Games\EugenSystems\Wargame3 - then you can watch them from ingame.

User avatar
chykka
Brigadier
Posts: 3387
Joined: Wed 28 Nov 2012 14:55
Location: Canada, Alberta
Contact:

Re: Nation Pack? DLC not free anymore?

Postby chykka » Wed 8 Jun 2016 13:29

Sometimes not being tied around to as many zones and running around the map killing each other is the simplest way to play.

Spoiler : :
Image
Image

User avatar
Razzmann
General
Posts: 7497
Joined: Fri 7 Mar 2014 15:29
Location: The land of flowing beer and Sauerkraut.
Contact:

Re: Nation Pack? DLC not free anymore?

Postby Razzmann » Wed 8 Jun 2016 13:50

oneshot wrote:Okay, Razzman if what ur saying is true then im just going to watch zootopia with my girlfriend(i have a life) and forget what i have said previously. I am sorry if i have offended those fanboys out there, seeing that the community matters the most and not think of the big picture(like new ideas and future of wargame) then its time for me to forget this BS.

Sounds like you are the fanboy who can't accept that life is not a pony farm.

And sorry for expressing my opinion, next time I'm just gonna agree to everything you and others say.

User avatar
Fade2Gray
General
Posts: 8659
Joined: Wed 1 May 2013 23:30
Location: IED proof in Iraq
Contact:

Re: Nation Pack? DLC not free anymore?

Postby Fade2Gray » Wed 8 Jun 2016 14:31

orc is probably going to fuck me up for this, but...

oneshot wrote:Okay, Razzman if what ur saying is true then im just going to watch zootopia with my girlfriend(i have a life) and forget what i have said previously.


Image
Image
Image
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

throwaway
Lieutenant
Posts: 1262
Joined: Fri 27 Feb 2015 21:23
Contact:

Re: Nation Pack? DLC not free anymore?

Postby throwaway » Wed 8 Jun 2016 14:37

im gonna side with the guy with a girlfriend since i want a girlfriend too; Razzmann is a weenie!

User avatar
oneshot
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue 1 Jul 2014 15:56
Location: Pearl Of The Orient
Contact:

Re: Nation Pack? DLC not free anymore?

Postby oneshot » Wed 8 Jun 2016 14:42

Razzmann wrote:
oneshot wrote:Okay, Razzman if what ur saying is true then im just going to watch zootopia with my girlfriend(i have a life) and forget what i have said previously. I am sorry if i have offended those fanboys out there, seeing that the community matters the most and not think of the big picture(like new ideas and future of wargame) then its time for me to forget this BS.

Sounds like you are the fanboy who can't accept that life is not a pony farm.

And sorry for expressing my opinion, next time I'm just gonna agree to everything you and others say.
Yes im a fanboy who cant accept that life is pony farm?(Life isn't some cartoon musical where you sing a little song and all your insipid dreams magically come true), and yes im a fanboy who cant accept the fact that the majority fanboys out there want more copycat units instead of new features for the game.

So please don't get butthurt from my previous comments, okay Razzman? But hey i did say im sorry right? So don't be mad at me, and continue on with your life... oh wait uhavenone.

I hope the game developers could make more money and make wargame great again. I wish them good luck in making wargame4 and as well as facing the community(forums) which could go apeshit at any time now.

Gosh i really have to stop commenting here, i mean its really taking a toll in my life for some stupid ideas of improving something that is remotely possible...
Shifu wrote:Download the replays and put them into C:\Users\YourUsername\Saved Games\EugenSystems\Wargame3 - then you can watch them from ingame.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Shifu and 34 guests