Some news about the Nation pack ... and the future of Wargame

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Some news about the Nation pack ... and the future of Wargame

Postby Mitchverr » Tue 14 Jun 2016 20:50

Bougnas wrote:How about...Botswana? :lol:

TPLACs are after South Africa :D (a joke from a tv show, dont be mad)

Would be interesting, i guess :lol:

Broth3r
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Broth3r » Tue 14 Jun 2016 20:56

I'm thinking here...

The Scandi and NSWP updates numbered some 60 units a pop, and each took about 3 months to be launched IIRC. The Netherlands alone had 80 units. We don't know how long their pack took, since it was a surprise, but I wonder if we're looking at 3 months of hype on standby...

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Bluebreaker wrote:
The first one will be massive 10v10 map, and as a token of our gratitude, it will be completely free
The second one will be the Nation Pack #2, adding one new nation to the game.

Cool, but are the last maps we voted almost a year ago still coming?

The first three were done, as planned ...

Three maps, not THE FIRST three.

Still waiting for Copenhagen. FLAMETHROWERS FOR THE FLAME GOD :twisted:
Last edited by Broth3r on Tue 14 Jun 2016 21:05, edited 1 time in total.

Gen3ralAustria
Master Sergeant
Location: Gramastetten, Mühlviertel, Upper Austria (OÖ), Austria

Postby Gen3ralAustria » Tue 14 Jun 2016 20:57

I checked the complete list of options to vote for and was surprised to see Austria on it. Therefore, I do not understand the "hatred" of some players and people here on the forums against the idea.

Yes, Austria is a minor nation and yes, we had and still have a small and bad military.
BUT ... Austria was right in the middle of both systems, mostly surrounded by nations that were part of these political sides (not counting Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Yugoslavia) and it's country and people would possibly have been part of a third World War. The Soviet Union and it's allies had in their military plans ideas and tactics ragarding how to deal with Austria, with Hungarian forces mainly attacking Austria (maybe some Czechoslovakians too).
Same goes for NATO. A few plans dealt with a rapid integration of Austria into NATO structures if a conventional war would have started. The idea was to use the alps and passages over it to establish contact between Italy and Germany (if possible without lethal force).

This is why I personally think, that Austria, although all the odds spaking against, should be and needs to be a part of Wargame. You will bring reasons that are against my idea and I accept them. Variety is something we really nee, especially in a cold war game but this county needs to be integrated in this game, and it may be shit, it will be worth it completly!

If necessary, put it together with Switzerland to give both nations a special flavour, make them a nation worth to play, maybe even a coalition with Italy ...

And this is why I have to say the following: look at it and please, give Austria a chance!
I will not stop, I will not rest, until I see the all known flag, the red-white-red with the eagle in it's center, waving in Wargame: Red Dragon over the battlefields!
Austria for Wargame:RD as National Pack!

nWODT_Niack
Captain

Postby nWODT_Niack » Tue 14 Jun 2016 21:07

Gen3ralAustria wrote:If necessary, put it together with Switzerland to give both nations a special flavour, make them a nation worth to play, maybe even a coalition with Italy ...

Italy, in a coalition with Austria !? Well I never...

Also, the Tiger in your "West Germany professional banner" is a French version.
Croche et Tient

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Tue 14 Jun 2016 21:08

So many choices! With just one option to pick, it's going to be a hard one with so many exciting second picks. I hope not too many will resort to tactical voting or we might see some quite bizarre results :lol: India, Iraq and Israel as the next DLCs, anyone? ;)

47andrej wrote:Well by community i meant more ones who long active players and/or posters and not random ppl buyed WRD on discount, never posted any feedback on the forums. If they see the announcement they will just choose their homecountry.

Yeah its a bit elitist thinking from me but i wouldnt like to give away Wargame future to mass poll.

The problem with this statement is not being elitist, IMO, but being elitist on the wrong grounds. How about people who love the game and play a lot, read the forums every day but never bother to post much? I'd think they would be likely to see the announcement, at least more than the random Steam sales shopper (who might not even care to vote).

Gen3ralAustria
Master Sergeant

Postby Gen3ralAustria » Tue 14 Jun 2016 21:20

nWODT_Niack wrote:
Gen3ralAustria wrote:If necessary, put it together with Switzerland to give both nations a special flavour, make them a nation worth to play, maybe even a coalition with Italy ...

Italy, in a coalition with Austria !? Well I never...

Also, the Tiger in your "West Germany professional banner" is a French version.

1. I mean a coalition between Austria and Italy like Germany and Netherlands, not mixing both to one nation!

2. Thanks for reminding me on that, again! I know this, and because I had no other option I used this version, Mister Correct! I deleted it to give you your inner peace!

Kharma
Private

Postby Kharma » Tue 14 Jun 2016 21:22

AUSTRIA - Please ladies - Austria!! My heart jumped in the air as i saw that...
Please be so cool - We never are in a game and we lost today in soccer! :roll:

Please please please vote for austria!
You get free hugs and cookies :P

nWODT_Niack
Captain

Postby nWODT_Niack » Tue 14 Jun 2016 21:22

I wonder if possible future (#3 and ulteriors) Nations Packs will also be submitted to vote, or if the order from this vote would serve more or less as a roadmap for future NPs.

Gen3ralAustria wrote:1. I mean a coalition between Austria and Italy like Germany and Netherlands, not mixing both to one nation!

My point being Italians (especially from the North-East) still resent Austria.
Croche et Tient

Gen3ralAustria
Master Sergeant

Postby Gen3ralAustria » Tue 14 Jun 2016 21:28

nWODT_Niack wrote: My point being Italians (especially from the North-East) still resent Austria.

And in how far, if I may ask?
Do you really think that his should be the point to say "No coalition"? My answer: NO!

ALECOS
Private

Postby ALECOS » Tue 14 Jun 2016 21:37

Spoiler : :
Gen3ralAustria wrote:I checked the complete list of options to vote for and was surprised to see Austria on it. Therefore, I do not understand the "hatred" of some players and people here on the forums against the idea.

Yes, Austria is a minor nation and yes, we had and still have a small and bad military.
BUT ... Austria was right in the middle of both systems, mostly surrounded by nations that were part of these political sides (not counting Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Yugoslavia) and it's country and people would possibly have been part of a third World War. The Soviet Union and it's allies had in their military plans ideas and tactics ragarding how to deal with Austria, with Hungarian forces mainly attacking Austria (maybe some Czechoslovakians too).
Same goes for NATO. A few plans dealt with a rapid integration of Austria into NATO structures if a conventional war would have started. The idea was to use the alps and passages over it to establish contact between Italy and Germany (if possible without lethal force).

This is why I personally think, that Austria, although all the odds spaking against, should be and needs to be a part of Wargame. You will bring reasons that are against my idea and I accept them. Variety is something we really nee, especially in a cold war game but this county needs to be integrated in this game, and it may be shit, it will be worth it completly!

If necessary, put it together with Switzerland to give both nations a special flavour, make them a nation worth to play, maybe even a coalition with Italy ...

And this is why I have to say the following: look at it and please, give Austria a chance!
I will not stop, I will not rest, until I see the all known flag, the red-white-red with the eagle in it's center, waving in Wargame: Red Dragon over the battlefields!

I can agree, i feel like alot of people scoff at minor nations that are in very strategically important areas, sure they wont be powerhouses but if WW3 happened then they would absolutely fight, many of them Im sure would put up heroic resistance.

Personally though Eugen should add all of them, Im sure most of us would buy them all :D

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”