Some news about the Nation pack ... and the future of Wargame

Nemo KB
Corporal

Re: Some news about the Nation pack ... and the future of Wargame

Postby Nemo KB » Wed 15 Jun 2016 04:11

Eukie wrote:Putting Yugoslavia into Eastern Bloc wouldn't be good game design, since it means that people without the DLC get a hamstrung version of the Eastern Bloc, or people with the DLC would get a wildly overpowered version of Eastern Bloc. I find it more likely that Yugoslavia would get paired with China (since both were major frontrunners in the Non-Aligned Movement), or Czechoslovakia (it's nearby).

Maybe Eugen could call the Yugoslavia/Czechoslovakia coalition the Czech Corridor.

What a weird basis for a coalition. Not that I don't approve.

Eukie wrote:Though ideally, one day we'll get Yugoslavia+Romania+Bulgaria for glorious Balkan Federation! (Just we we'll one day hopefully get Belgium so we can terrify the Eastern Block with the combined tank armies of the Benelux!)

They'll have to hurry across the Rhine to get there before the fearsome Portuguese Marines land on Adriatic coast.
pop %rbp
ret

Broth3r
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Broth3r » Wed 15 Jun 2016 04:12

Eukie wrote:
CornProducts wrote:It would be funny if a BLUFOR nation was chosen...

Actually no, no it wouldn't. :cry:

If Yugoslavia were to be chosen, would it get paired with an existing NSWP nation to make a new coalition, or added to the already existing Eastern Bloc coalition?

Though ideally, one day we'll get Yugoslavia+Romania+Bulgaria for glorious Balkan Federation! (Just we we'll one day hopefully get Belgium so we can terrify the Eastern Block with the combined tank armies of the Benelux!)

Can't call it Benelux unless you throw in a Luxembourgish recon unit.

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Wed 15 Jun 2016 04:13

burnthepigs wrote:Just using red dragons as an example of a coalition with a hole that could be filled.

Don't worry there have been plenty of threads on filling out the Dragons (both blue and red). Heck I even made my own. We did get some new stuff (ATGM Feibao and M1992 SPAAG), but there's room for more with both the Dragons.

I wouldn't get your hopes up though, these threads have been around for years.

guynumber7
Captain

Postby guynumber7 » Wed 15 Jun 2016 04:15

I noticed Hungary is not on the list.
youtube.com/guynumber7

wargame vids shall be put up

burnthepigs
Sergeant First-Class

Postby burnthepigs » Wed 15 Jun 2016 04:31

Sweedish_Gunner wrote:
burnthepigs wrote:Just using red dragons as an example of a coalition with a hole that could be filled.

Don't worry there have been plenty of threads on filling out the Dragons (both blue and red). Heck I even made my own. We did get some new stuff (ATGM Feibao and M1992 SPAAG), but there's room for more with both the Dragons.

I wouldn't get your hopes up though, these threads have been around for years.

Just hoping they could throw in a freebie unit for each DLC they put out.

Narcissistic Black
Major

Postby Narcissistic Black » Wed 15 Jun 2016 04:35

Sweedish_Gunner wrote:
Narcissistic Black wrote:
Pretty sure the PLZ 45 was for export only. any pictures you see with it in Chinese Camo is probably the PLZ-52 As they look roughly about the exact same with some very very minor differences.

China did operate the PLZ-05 (Type 05) and PLZ-52 though. I don't know how in time frame they are though.

The Type 85 was made for export and it's China's premier line of tanks. PLZ-45 would do just fine.

Still doesn't make it ok.

Not trying to be mean I'm just more supportive of things China actually operated. Not like anyone else gets export things they didn't use like UK with Scorpion 90.

burnthepigs wrote:
Sweedish_Gunner wrote:
The Type 85 was made for export and it's China's premier line of tanks. PLZ-45 would do just fine.

Doesn't really matter what they get, just some form of modern artillery for red dragons would be nice.

Just using red dragons as an example of a coalition with a hole that could be filled.

It's cool I was just sharing. In the end it's up to Eugen if they decide if they wanna let china use it.

But I agree, It would be nice for Eugen to add 1 Unit for each existing country each time Eugen released a new Nation. That would provide older players who did/didn't want said new country incentive to return either way regardless. The purchasing the DLC Would provide a new nation while no purchasing would still provide something new for them to return to and enjoy.
The First Narcissist
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

Iris
Brigadier

Postby Iris » Wed 15 Jun 2016 04:48

Sweedish_Gunner wrote:
Pretty sure the PLZ 45 was for export only. any pictures you see with it in Chinese Camo is probably the PLZ-52 As they look roughly about the exact same with some very very minor differences.

China did operate the PLZ-05 (Type 05) and PLZ-52 though. I don't know how in time frame they are though.

Still doesn't make it ok.

Not trying to be mean I'm just more supportive of things China actually operated. Not like anyone else gets export things they didn't use like UK with Scorpion 90.

France has a couple export tanks. The AMX-32 and AMX-40 are both export models that never took off.

Export models have a precedent to be in the game as prototypes.

Narcissistic Black
Major

Postby Narcissistic Black » Wed 15 Jun 2016 04:52

Iris wrote:
Narcissistic Black wrote:Still doesn't make it ok.

France has a couple export tanks. The AMX-32 and AMX-40 are both export models that never took off.

Export models have a precedent to be in the game as prototypes.

Well.. I guess I lost this one. Well played. :D
The First Narcissist
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

burnthepigs
Sergeant First-Class

Postby burnthepigs » Wed 15 Jun 2016 05:16

burnthepigs wrote:
Sweedish_Gunner wrote:

Doesn't really matter what they get, just some form of modern artillery for red dragons would be nice.

Just using red dragons as an example of a coalition with a hole that could be filled.

It's cool I was just sharing. In the end it's up to Eugen if they decide if they wanna let china use it.

Yeah i get you, I really don't know much about what China operated in the time frame, I was just going off a book I have that really isn't all that clear on if they used the PLZ-45 themselves or only exported it.

"The NORINCO-designed PLZ 155/45 SPH was conceived in the early 1990's for the Chinese armed forces and for the export market."

But then it doesn't really give an introduction date and most websites do not mention china operating it. :?

But I agree, It would be nice for Eugen to add 1 Unit for each existing country each time Eugen released a new Nation. That would provide older players who did/didn't want said new country incentive to return either way regardless. The purchasing the DLC Would provide a new nation while no purchasing would still provide something new for them to return to and enjoy.

Yes this, you explained it better than I did.

SeaWolfGuardian
Private

Postby SeaWolfGuardian » Wed 15 Jun 2016 05:54

Created an account just so I could vote!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”