Ships

Mister Maf
Lieutenant

Re: Ships

Postby Mister Maf » Wed 15 Jun 2016 18:46

Today I went through all my specialized decks, removed any ships that may have been (but usually weren't) there, and added off-specialization units in landing craft (e.g. M1A1HC for motorized, wheeled commandos for mechanized and armored, etc.). The way naval combat is implemented in this game is poor and would take a disproportionate amount of work make it reach its potential compared to what it would take to improve on and add to the land game.

If they had thrown out blue water ships as a concept from the get-go and instead focused on riverine boats, maybe we'd be somewhere different. As it stands now, though, I think it's best left forgotten.

antred
Sergeant First-Class

Postby antred » Wed 15 Jun 2016 18:56

Mister Maf wrote:If they had thrown out blue water ships as a concept from the get-go and instead focused on riverine boats, maybe we'd be somewhere different. As it stands now, though, I think it's best left forgotten.

Agree 100%.

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Wed 15 Jun 2016 19:01

Mister Maf wrote:If they had thrown out blue water ships as a concept from the get-go and instead focused on riverine boats, maybe we'd be somewhere different. As it stands now, though, I think it's best left forgotten.

Nah, riverine boats are not really equipped for wargame style combat, what we have in the game is basically the best we can hope for in terms of riverboats. Should have kept it to amphibious only.
Viker for ingen!

Leviathan
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Leviathan » Wed 15 Jun 2016 19:40

orcbuster wrote:

Nah, riverine boats are not really equipped for wargame style combat, what we have in the game is basically the best we can hope for in terms of riverboats. Should have kept it to amphibious only.
Yep. and this is what I expect them to do in "WG 4" anyway.

Fixing and balancing Naval while making it both visually appealing and fitting with the whole working rest of the game would require such a huge input that it's just not worth it.

Was there ever a Naval part in Wargame? I don't think so.

Preston Garvey
Private

Postby Preston Garvey » Thu 16 Jun 2016 05:44

I just want to know when settlement liberation will be implemented properly, this whole thing with sectors is too broad, I feel like we should only have settlement securing.
Another settlement needs our help

Zoring
Warrant Officer

Postby Zoring » Thu 16 Jun 2016 09:24

With the models they already have they can use them for WG4 in some off board, edge of map artillery representation or something, and make ambhibious and river stuff work for the next game, if it exists which i think we all pray.
Want to know how to make 116 redundant units usable? Click to read my thread on Recon Refitting!

edthebeast
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby edthebeast » Thu 16 Jun 2016 12:43

I think naval is principally broken due to the way it interacts with land units, especially blue-water ships. If you play the campaigns, there are some rather nice naval battles, as you get several big ships per fleet, and it can be quite fun. The naval only gamemode is alright too, but unfortunately naval I think isn't compatible with wargame's land aspect.
The only (probably) sane player to take a card of Akulas voluntarily..... UNTIL RED DRAGON!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”