Proposal: f117 availability

RoadkillRodger
Lieutenant

Re: Proposal: f117 availability

Postby RoadkillRodger » Wed 22 Jun 2016 23:00

Forimar wrote:Hell no, the game doesn't need more super bombers. A well played F-117 is obnoxious to deal with, two of them would only make it worse.

The f117 definitely has a niche, but it's limited to a large extent by the preponderance of good, medium-cost asf (esp after the last patch). Everybody has a decent 2 elite or veteran/card asf now, so there isn't nearly as much excuse to not be running a constant CAP.

Compared to the gr7 I'd posit that the nighthawk sees use not because it's particularly good, but because it's all the US gets as a medium bomber.

I think 2 cards of 1 could also work, but it'd ideally come with a price buff to GR7 levels. There's really no good reason for both the price AND avail discrepancy, especially on a prototype unit.

codextero
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby codextero » Thu 23 Jun 2016 00:08

Sir Typhoon wrote:This was been discused some time ago. The solution is simple: 2 cards of NightHawks, and 2 cards of F-15 E. Both with 1 plane each. No need to argue anymore.

US deck does not have infinite AP. 2 cards of bombers is a pretty big luxury, esp with no MRAAM multirole.

The F111C kills any excuse that 2/card F-15D breaks the game.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Thu 23 Jun 2016 10:42

Forimar wrote:Hell no, the game doesn't need more super bombers. A well played F-117 is obnoxious to deal with, two of them would only make it worse. It would be much better to keep it at one per card and tone down the amount of stealth it loses when it drops its LGBs.

Loosing stealth after bomb dropping would be a totally bad absraction. Only for some second is open the bomb bay in RL, after the LGB is dropped the bomb bay could be closed. (As I know.)

yeppers
First Sergeant

Postby yeppers » Thu 30 Jun 2016 17:48

Greyhound wrote:Yeah, the Nighthawk should be 2 per card.
yeppers wrote:
RoadkillRodger wrote:The closest comparison in game is the GR7. The harrier carries the same payload, and costs 120 points while coming at 2/card. It does not get stealth, but it does get 40 ecm and decent multirole ability

The nighthawk costs more, has no multirole ability, and comes at only 1/card. I think this should be changed to 2/card (like it was in ALB iirc).

No, stealth planes are annoying.

It has 0% ECM. That means it is basicly dead when you fly over AA.

No means no.

RoadkillRodger
Lieutenant

Postby RoadkillRodger » Thu 30 Jun 2016 18:06

'Annoying' does not mean 'imbalanced'

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”