I would rather pay $$$ for a brand new Wargame... than buy Nation packs!!!

Comrade_Bane
First Sergeant

I would rather pay $$$ for a brand new Wargame... than buy Nation packs!!!

Postby Comrade_Bane » Mon 4 Jul 2016 23:19

I don't know about all of you guys/gals, but i would rather pay $60-75 for a brand new and revamped Wargame that takes place across the European continent... than pay $5 for pithy nation packs that showcase 1 or MAYBE 2 nations at a time.

Included in this Wargame could be pretty much every nation that any Nation Pack would cover! (Finland, Yugo, Bulgaria, Romania, Italy, Spain, Israel, Turkey, etc etc etc etc...)

I don't get why Eugen is going down the EA/Paradox/Ubisoft path...

CRASHER47
Command Sergeant Major

Re: I would rather pay $$$ for a brand new Wargame... than buy Nation packs!!!

Postby CRASHER47 » Tue 5 Jul 2016 00:07

They said that they have no idea if they will make a new one or not, because they need a good idea for it.
However, a new wargame with more game features / mechanics would be nice, modern one for time era.

Admiral Obvious
Sergeant

Postby Admiral Obvious » Tue 5 Jul 2016 00:08

I'm mostly fine with the way this currently works.

I like Eugen, and this DLC model seems (mostly) fair.

I'd continue to buy nation packs, especially if I knew that it would go to a Wargame 4 (eventually).
I PROBABLY have do idea what I'm rambling about.

morpher
Major-General

Postby morpher » Tue 5 Jul 2016 00:11

You are paying for a new wargame, DLCs are the crowdfounding.

Narcissistic Black
Major

Postby Narcissistic Black » Tue 5 Jul 2016 00:37

Comrade_Bane wrote:I don't know about all of you guys/gals, but i would rather pay $60-75 for a brand new and revamped Wargame that takes place across the European continent... than pay $5 for pithy nation packs that showcase 1 or MAYBE 2 nations at a time.

Included in this Wargame could be pretty much every nation that any Nation Pack would cover! (Finland, Yugo, Bulgaria, Romania, Italy, Spain, Israel, Turkey, etc etc etc etc...)

I don't get why Eugen is going down the EA/Paradox/Ubisoft path...

Why restrict you self to 1 part of the world when it could be a global conflict. Then it wouldnt matter what nations are added and we can keep all the ones we have now. plus Desert,Snow,Forrest and Mountain maps..
The First Narcissist
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Tue 5 Jul 2016 01:09

Besides If they are making more nations it will flush out the Armoury even more.

delor
Lieutenant

Postby delor » Tue 5 Jul 2016 01:11

Sure, I'd rather buy a new Wargame, too. I think most of us would. I'm not anti-DLC, but the nation packs are a dubious value and not a significant expansion of the game so I can't be too enthusiastic about them. I'm even less enthusiastic about DLC of this nature sticking around or having an expanded role in a future Wargame 4.

But, OTOH, I've got about 800 hours of Wargame: Red Dragon logged. This series has been a tremendously good value for me. So, they've got my continuing support for the time being even if the situation is less than ideal. Hopefully by buying them I'm helping make sure that there is more and better Wargame in the future, but either way this series has been a win for me and I'm glad I've picked it up.

Lauer
Sergeant

Postby Lauer » Tue 5 Jul 2016 01:30

Comrade_Bane wrote:I don't get why Eugen is going down the EA/Paradox/Ubisoft path...

AAA publishers do that crap because they want more profit, Eugen just needs some cash to stay afloat until they finish Wargame 4.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Tue 5 Jul 2016 03:44

Narcissistic Black wrote:Why restrict you self to 1 part of the world when it could be a global conflict. Then it wouldnt matter what nations are added and we can keep all the ones we have now. plus Desert,Snow,Forrest and Mountain maps..

Because it helps focus the development onto something that can be managed and accomplished.

After all... why restrict yourself to just land units? Why not add in navies as well?
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Tue 5 Jul 2016 03:51

Xeno426 wrote:After all... why restrict yourself to just land units? Why not add in navies as well?

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”