I would rather pay $$$ for a brand new Wargame... than buy Nation packs!!!

wargamer1985
Brigadier

Re: I would rather pay $$$ for a brand new Wargame... than buy Nation packs!!!

Postby wargamer1985 » Wed 6 Jul 2016 18:35

Admiral Piett wrote:I think nation packs are a wonderful idea. It adds further legs to a game that is already several years old, and there is no division of the community.

QFT
APPLY TO THE GLORIOUS CULT OF THE WARHAWK! LIBERATING NAZIS SINCE 1939!

libbmaster
Lieutenant

Postby libbmaster » Thu 7 Jul 2016 16:05

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Comrade_Bane wrote:I would rather pay $$$ for a brand new Wargame... than buy Nation packs!!!

Then don't buy them ... that's exactly why we've made sure everybody could play against a new nation even without owning the proper DLC.

That was a tremendous idea, by the way.

I like how it's becoming a trend: both ArmA 3 and Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak did it.

Holy_crap
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Holy_crap » Fri 8 Jul 2016 06:35

Eugen has been a very generous company, a rarity nowadays. They've sold an excellent game for $40, which has had numerous sales, they've been constantly patching, updating, and listening (mostly) to community feedback. They've given us a ton of content from the get go, and added a ton of units FOR FREE in DLC#1 for EB, 12 units and a new campaign in DLC#2 (also for free), and a crap ton more units for Scand. in DLC#3 (again, free). Fast forward a bit, they let us decide which maps to remaster into the game, and added as ton of maps (for free) into this game, not to mention tons of patches along the way. Now, counting from release, two years into the game with a strong commnunity and a small Dev team, they ask a measly $5 for a new nation which doesn't divide the community in order to keep the game afloat.

"Delete your account"

(And delete System32 on the side)
Leader of the glorious Putsie Federation. Saucer 1st Class.
Steam - Tactical Tile Placement

Ultimaratio
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Ultimaratio » Fri 8 Jul 2016 10:37

Spoiler : :
Eugen has been a very generous company, a rarity nowadays. They've sold an excellent game for $40, which has had numerous sales, they've been constantly patching, updating, and listening (mostly) to community feedback. They've given us a ton of content from the get go, and added a ton of units FOR FREE in DLC#1 for EB, 12 units and a new campaign in DLC#2 (also for free), and a crap ton more units for Scand. in DLC#3 (again, free). Fast forward a bit, they let us decide which maps to remaster into the game, and added as ton of maps (for free) into this game, not to mention tons of patches along the way. Now, counting from release, two years into the game with a strong commnunity and a small Dev team, they ask a measly $5 for a new nation which doesn't divide the community in order to keep the game afloat.

"Delete your account"

Good summerize of my thoughts. There are not that many comapnies out there which care about their games. The only thing i would ask for a change in their policiy is the UGEBAR rule and NO-New Units for existing nations rule. But all in all.. Chapeau Eugen Systems!
Peace to the Shacks! War on the Palaces!-Georg Büchner

oneshot
Staff Sergeant

Postby oneshot » Fri 8 Jul 2016 13:05

Lol I see that People are starting to complain. As an university student major in accounting, €5 euros is a rip of and people are starting to agree that I'm right, I mean, in Hong Kong, €5 euros can buy 2 Mcdonald meals(One meal: A cheeses burger, medium fries and one medium size coke.)

Here's the REAL reason why they made nations pack:
http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=57568
Shifu wrote:Download the replays and put them into C:\Users\YourUsername\Saved Games\EugenSystems\Wargame3 - then you can watch them from ingame.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Fri 8 Jul 2016 13:07

oneshot wrote:Here's the REAL reason why they made nations pack:

No, that does not prove anything.

morpher
Major-General

Postby morpher » Fri 8 Jul 2016 13:07

oneshot wrote: €5 euros can buy 2 Mcdonald meals(One meal: A cheeses burger, medium fries and one medium size coke.)

For your own health, buy the dlc instead of two Mcdonald meals.

oneshot
Staff Sergeant

Postby oneshot » Fri 8 Jul 2016 13:11

Razzmann wrote:
oneshot wrote:Here's the REAL reason why they made nations pack:

No, that does not prove anything.

Time to quote you Razzman:
oneshot wrote:So what you're trying to say is that
Razzmann wrote:They had the "balls" when it came to AoA and it clearly was not a huge success. And you can't expect them to completely focus on a 2+ year old game.

they(the game developers) dont know how to make a good game in terms of marketing.

And that
Razzmann wrote:Because it would split the already small community even more. And a new game mode will probably not bring as many people back as a new faction (though, agreed, it is not necessarily completely "new" per se).

Adding new features like new game modes would cause the community go chaos.

And,
Razzmann wrote:Of course I have opinions. But new gameplay mechanics, game modes etc. would require coding, could create new bugs and even if you implement that you would have to charge money for it since it would probably require a lot of work for such a small company. And if you charge money for it, you would split the community or (like I said) make the game p2w.

The game developers don't know where they're going and if someone has an idea of improving the game, the community goes apeshit.

So your conclusion is to
Razzmann wrote:So in my opinion, just continue adding 2,3,4 (depending on how successfull they (possible) future DLCs will be) nations (for money) and keep balancing the game as well.

continue on making dlc after dlc and possibly(or hopefully) generate enough money to make a new game like wargame4.

Okay, Razzman if what ur saying is true then im just going to watch zootopia with my girlfriend(i have a life) and forget what i have said previously. I am sorry if i have offended those fanboys out there, seeing that the community matters the most and not think of the big picture(like new ideas and future of wargame) then its time for me to forget this BS.

At page two: http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=57568&start=10
Shifu wrote:Download the replays and put them into C:\Users\YourUsername\Saved Games\EugenSystems\Wargame3 - then you can watch them from ingame.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Fri 8 Jul 2016 13:19

You are not quoting me, you are quoting yourself quoting me with your own interpretation.

oneshot
Staff Sergeant

Postby oneshot » Fri 8 Jul 2016 13:24

oneshot wrote:
Razzmann wrote:You are not quoting me, you are quoting yourself quoting me with your own interpretation.
You are not quoting me, you are quoting yourself quoting me with your(oneshot) own interpretation, quoting your(Razzman) own interpretation.

Razzmann wrote:
oneshot wrote:Lol, if what you're saying is true, then i can only picture this: game developers got no balls(or money) to invest in other major projects and instead use limited time and money to make a dlc just to test out how fanboys react.

They had the "balls" when it came to AoA and it clearly was not a huge success. And you can't expect them to completely focus on a 2+ year old game.
And I am pretty sure that a only a minor part of the company works on the DLCs, they still HAVE to bring out a new game some day, unless they don't want to make games anymore.
oneshot wrote:Heres my opinion: instead of modeling tanks, ships or planes, why not implement a whole new game mode? Only destruction, conquest, economy, and siege were created game modes. Why not create a game mode in a navy map where we have to protect our aircraft carrier like FOB, wht not create a game mode where theres only infantry, why even bother with units balancing and creating units, it would only cause more unbalance, and in terms of dlc, i think the game developers can test out their new game mode by using dlc so that not only it could generate some money and test it out, but also not ruining the game itself.

Because it would split the already small community even more. And a new game mode will probably not bring as many people back as a new faction (though, agreed, it is not necessarily completely "new" per se).
oneshot wrote:If you, Razzman, have any opinions in improving the game and at the same time not lose money, not lose game quality like balancing, and not lose fanboys, i would LOVE to hear your opinions instead of arguing about haters that hate the game and spamming complaints about balancing units which could take forever to do that.

You understand me?

Of course I have opinions. But new gameplay mechanics, game modes etc. would require coding, could create new bugs and even if you implement that you would have to charge money for it since it would probably require a lot of work for such a small company. And if you charge money for it, you would split the community or (like I said) make the game p2w.

So in my opinion, just continue adding 2,3,4 (depending on how successfull they (possible) future DLCs will be) nations (for money) and keep balancing the game as well.

I tell no lies, page 2: http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=57568&start=10
And I'm done quoting BS. Please do continue on quoting me, quoting you. I rather be playing the game instead of staying here with L.O.S.E.R.S like you. Have fun quoting me while I play hearts of iron 4 hahaha
Last edited by oneshot on Fri 8 Jul 2016 13:50, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”