Iran Redfor (F-14 in redfor!)

Nathan des Lessings
Sergeant First-Class

Iran Redfor (F-14 in redfor!)

Postby Nathan des Lessings » Mon 6 Feb 2017 14:01

Well during the Iran-Irak war they had the austrian noricum howizer...
Wer kämpft, kann verlieren. Wer nicht kämpft, hat schon verloren.

GraphZaal
Private First-Class

Re: Iran Redfor (F-14 in redfor!)

Postby GraphZaal » Wed 8 Feb 2017 19:55

as i posted in another topic, maybe u like it here:

LOG: CH-47C, (KRAZ), Kahwar

INF: ?
Prim. Weapon: G3, KL-7.62, *S.5’56 / CQ 5,56
Sec. Weapon: Igla/Strela, Dragon, LAW, M40 RR, Type 69 RPG, Fagot/Konkurs
l.MG: MG3, PKM, RPK
DMR: Nakhjir/Type-79
Tranports: BTR-50, BTR-60PB, BMP-1/WZ-501, M113, *BMP-2

SUP: M107, M109, M110,BM-21, Fajir, ZSU-57-2, ZSU-23-4, ZPU-Trucks, HAWK, Rapier, Igla/Strela

TANK: ChonmaHo, Centurion, M60, Type 59, Type 69, T-62, *Safir?, ...

VEH: Scorpion, *EE-9 (!), Jeeps/Trucks (TOW/AT-3/ENTAC/SS-12/Konkurs)

HEL: AH-1J, Bell 205/206/214, Mi-17?

AIR: F-86, A-4, F-4, F-5, *F-14 (!), maybe Mirage F1, Su-20/24/25, MiG-23/29, J-7

Would make a mixed conventional deck with blue and red units :)

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Wed 8 Feb 2017 20:03

Seems like there were quite a few Iranian captures of Iraqi Roland missile carriers. Did they end up using the system?

Is this a Roland 2 on a MAN chassis?
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... d8606b.jpg
Projectnordic in game! will likely see you on pact/red dragons/french!

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Wed 8 Feb 2017 20:07

hansbroger wrote:Seems like there were quite a few Iranian captures of Iraqi Roland missile carriers. Did they end up using the system?

Is this a Roland 2 on a MAN chassis?
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... d8606b.jpg

This is likely Iraqi.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

CommanderDef
Sergeant Major

Postby CommanderDef » Wed 8 Feb 2017 20:13

Do you seriously want to add a nation just because of Tomcat? Like, if it's wrong one one side, let's give it to one nation of other side as well?

To hell with unicorns...
Sometimes I wish my country wasn't included in the beginning, but coming as a paid DLC...
Spoiler : :

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Thu 9 Feb 2017 12:35

CommanderDef wrote:Do you seriously want to add a nation just because of Tomcat? Like, if it's wrong one one side, let's give it to one nation of other side as well?

To hell with unicorns...

According to group A) tomcats don't get used ingame noticeably, if they get added to one nation on PACT side then they still won't get used ingame noticeably and will remain "shit". Therefore it's no issue if it does get added.

According to group B) tomcats are cancerous that ruin the entire air game by denying the entire airspace and are uncounterable. If they get added to one nation on PACT side, it will be possible to finally challenge NATO tomcat pairs on an equal footing. Therefore it's no issue if it does get added.

According to group C) which does not give a shit about tomcats but knows that EUGEN does not remove units and LRAAMs will never get removed in RD and are therefore here to stay. Therefore it's no issue if another LRAAAM carrier gets added.

I see no valid argument against its introduction in an Iranian arsenal.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Thu 9 Feb 2017 12:46

There is, however, Group D, who claims Redfor can't have nice things, therefore Tomcat on Redfor is unacceptable.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

CommanderDef
Sergeant Major

Postby CommanderDef » Thu 9 Feb 2017 12:52

My own group of me myself and I says that there already is a unit on red side that has the potential of compensating Tomcats - MiG-25/31. Just need some changes to get used in decks. Still it would be better to give up certain 'flavors' and buff USA where it's needed, without magic and unicorns.

HrcAk47 wrote:There is, however, Group D, who claims Redfor can't have nice things, therefore Tomcat on Redfor is unacceptable.

Redfor has nice things and you are to be blamed for it! :D
Sometimes I wish my country wasn't included in the beginning, but coming as a paid DLC...
Spoiler : :

CloakandDagger
Second-Lieutenant

Postby CloakandDagger » Thu 9 Feb 2017 21:03

As far as the Iranian F-14 goes, it should be using not the AIM-54, but instead, the Iranian HAWK missiles that they strapped to the F-14.

This would be very interesting, more than just another interceptor, because you would be flinging heavy SAMs around.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Thu 9 Feb 2017 22:12

CommanderDef wrote:My own group of me myself and I says that there already is a unit on red side that has the potential of compensating Tomcats - MiG-25/31. Just need some changes to get used in decks. Still it would be better to give up certain 'flavors' and buff USA where it's needed, without magic and unicorns.

Where is the magic? Where is the unicorn? Have the words lost all meaning in the past few months?

The F-14 was in service in great numbers with the USN for more than 30 years, it is still in service in the IRIAF and has gone to war with both air forces, scoring kills with all of the weapons it is currently modelled with in Wargame. Nothing magic here, just Grumman doing Grumman things.

Your issue with it is the AIM-54 Pheonix, which I suppose is possibly a reasonable one. It's really not a missile designed for doing Wargame-scale things. Therefore Xeno's proposal should be followed and the Tomcat should be rearmed with Sparrows and Sidewinders to serve as a Cat-B ASF for the US Marine deck. The one in the naval tab should be transferred to the air tab and turned into something for someone, maybe Su-27SMK for China. The MiG-31s should be binned and the MiG-25PD either binned or moved to Iraq (I mean, if we're adding Iran...). The Iranians are totally nuts so I'd actually be pretty okay with a Vulcan/2x SkyHAWK/2x AIM-9, as shown here:
(Ignore the Sparrows. Or don't, but 2x SkyHAWK/4x Sparrow sounds fairly cancerous.)
Terrible accuracy, hilarious meme potential. It's probably fairer to give them another one that's a clone of the USN one with worse missiles to catch the Cat-C intro date.

Then again, Iran has serious problems in 1991. They had top of the line kit prior to the coup but in '91 they're in the dark period between everyone and their mother embargoing them and their domestic military industry starting to catch up. Would they be much fun in Wargame?
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”