Iran Redfor (F-14 in redfor!)

ardi223
Master Sergeant

Re: Iran Redfor (F-14 in redfor!)

Postby ardi223 » Fri 10 Feb 2017 23:06

yep I'm pretty sure since Shir 1 was going to be the name of Chally 1 which was plan to montaged in Iran but never did.Chiefain mk5 was definitly in service during Iran-Iraq war and it's worthlessness were proven to the world.
Now that u mentioned it,even chally 1 can be in Iran deck as a prototype.
I want Lena Katina :mrgreen: :D 8-)

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Fri 10 Feb 2017 23:41

ardi223 wrote:it's worthlessness were proven to the world.

Go on, I'm genuinely interested...

The mechanical reliability was pretty poor, I suspect worse when cut off from sources of spare parts, but unreliability doesn't make a tank worthless in itself. Did Iran have issues with them in combat too or were the mechanical issues so great that they never made it :lol: ?
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

ardi223
Master Sergeant

Postby ardi223 » Fri 10 Feb 2017 23:46

FrangibleCover wrote:

The mechanical reliability was pretty poor, I suspect worse when cut off from sources of spare parts, but unreliability doesn't make a tank worthless in itself. Did Iran have issues with them in combat too or were the mechanical issues so great that they never made it :lol: ?

I meant uselessness in combat we had no problem maintaining them.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Fri 10 Feb 2017 23:51

ardi223 wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:

I meant uselessness in combat we had no problem maintaining them.

We never had much of a chance to stretch their legs in combat, thank god. Do you have some sources I could read about their total inability to beat T-55s and crap T-72s?

ardi223
Master Sergeant

Postby ardi223 » Fri 10 Feb 2017 23:58

yep it's in persian though.the report of destroyed Tanks/armored vehicles lost during the war.the article state that we lost nearly 100 Chiefains in tank battle

Sleksa
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Sleksa » Sat 11 Feb 2017 00:11

FrangibleCover wrote:We never had much of a chance to stretch their legs in combat, thank god. Do you have some sources I could read about their total inability to beat T-55s and crap T-72s?

Some Finnish military literature cites the T-72's coming out well ahead of chieftains in the iran-iraq war

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/t-72-combat.htm

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Sat 11 Feb 2017 00:15

Sleksa wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:We never had much of a chance to stretch their legs in combat, thank god. Do you have some sources I could read about their total inability to beat T-55s and crap T-72s?

Some Finnish military literature cites the T-72's coming out well ahead of chieftains in the iran-iraq war

Hey, cool. It's an interesting conflict about which I know too little.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Sat 11 Feb 2017 00:17

ardi223 wrote:yep it's in persian though.the report of destroyed Tanks/armored vehicles lost during the war.the article state that we lost nearly 100 Chiefains in tank battle

They did fine for Kuwait well the ones that were not captured.
As for Iranian tanks seems engine trouble was the main problem also looks like Iran got automatic gearboxes would be interested to know if these worked.

But don't worry about the gun this is the same gun on the challenger 1 that got the longest tank kill in history

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Sat 11 Feb 2017 00:20

Sleksa wrote:

Would be interested to see if that had to do with the west providing better support such as training to Iraq during the war

CommanderDef
Sergeant Major

Postby CommanderDef » Sat 11 Feb 2017 01:18

FrangibleCover wrote:

Give anything to those people, they won't use it right... Today it's Saudi Abrams and Turkish Leos getting screwed by soviet made ATGMs and other stuff.

To the new nations: Romania+Bulgaria in one red pack, Italy+Portugal in one blue pack. Selection of unique units.
Sometimes I wish my country wasn't included in the beginning, but coming as a paid DLC...
Spoiler : :

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”