Cuban Units in Wargame RD!

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Re: fanmade proposal for Cuba in RD

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Fri 3 Feb 2017 01:22

Cpt Iglu wrote:¡Camaradas!

A few small criticisms.

First of all, this is actually a really nice list, some really cool units.

First off, for infantry, I don't think Cuba has every used the AK-74 in any way, rather stuck with the AKM variants with 7.62. So I'd replace all AK-74's with AKM's and change up the AKS-74U with the SA-25 (Of which the Cubans were fond of.). I also think that the '75 weapons could be a little more... non-standard... considering the sheer amount of different sources Cuba got it's weaponry from before it started manufacturing it's own.

Second of all, I think that's one too many RPG-29 squads, there has been some evidence that FAR may have some experience with them, but not enough to warrant all but the most elite of troops getting them.

If you want a Desembarco 95' with a CQC machine gun, switch out the PKM with the RPD.

For Vehicles, the BTR-100 has accuracy portraying a modern FCS, but it's intro date is 1960's, you're either going to have to push the date to 1990's, or lose a bit of the accuracy.

Cpt Iglu
Private First-Class

Re: fanmade proposal for Cuba in RD

Postby Cpt Iglu » Sat 4 Feb 2017 19:31

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:First off, for infantry, I don't think Cuba has every used the AK-74 in any way, rather stuck with the AKM variants with 7.62. So I'd replace all AK-74's with AKM's and change up the AKS-74U with the SA-25 (Of which the Cubans were fond of.).

This is a really good point! My idea while making Cuba was an alternative timeline in that the cooperation with the USSR doesn't decrease and the exchange with the Soviet troops stationed on the island remains (btw the Russians closed their base there only a few years ago).
But the SA-25 change would be really nice, i honestly don't know how I could forgot it. It should be the primary of the special forces (at least the base ones) and the tactical recons.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:I also think that the '75 weapons could be a little more... non-standard... considering the sheer amount of different sources Cuba got it's weaponry from before it started manufacturing it's own.

You will like the milita I created, smells like revolution ;)

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Second of all, I think that's one too many RPG-29 squads, there has been some evidence that FAR may have some experience with them, but not enough to warrant all but the most elite of troops getting them.

Well you can see them in some "Bastion"-Videos of the State TV. I'm very sure they do operate them, but I think it's the same story with the AKS-74U, see above. So I think the '95 elites deserve them in any case and I created the marines like a copy paste of the VDV (i need to change the MG to 7.62mm) for a possible overlap to nerv the variety in case of coalition with the USSR. But in any case it's hard to say how may Vampirs Cuba has right now and what would have heappend if the USSR survived.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:If you want a Desembarco 95' with a CQC machine gun, switch out the PKM with the RPD.

If you mean the base marines, this would create another Mot-Schützen variant. I don't like this, it wouldn't help in a coalition with East-Germany and it would be way to op in a coalition with USSR. Furthermore the PKM is the main MG in Cuba until today. This unit would be still a nice 15point choice, with a little more fokus on AT, a thing Cuba need the most.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:For Vehicles, the BTR-100 has accuracy portraying a modern FCS, but it's intro date is 1960's, you're either going to have to push the date to 1990's, or lose a bit of the accuracy.
You are totaly right, the BTR-100 is quite modern.
I haven't worked on the dates, so please ignore the current once! Maybe I will work on them when I update my list.

Thanks a lot for your helpful feedback :)

And here are some additions:
Spoiler : :
kvasius wrote:Gunpod Mi-8 maybe?
Yes, their transport Mi-8s are often seen lighly armed/without rockets and sometimes they carry gunpots 8-) (their Mi-17 are seen with their regular rockets on parade though)

QUAD
Colonel

Re: Cuban Units in Wargame RD!

Postby QUAD » Mon 21 May 2018 06:20

Bumping for The Internationale
Mobile Units Operational :!:

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”