First ingame preview in Nation Pack: Israel

Sgt._Pepper
Lieutenant

Re: First ingame preview in Nation Pack: Israel

Postby Sgt._Pepper » Sat 10 Sep 2016 15:32

axnone wrote:does the figure “6” include IFV variants or just inside the TNK tab?

Apparently the IFV is not counted.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Sat 10 Sep 2016 16:39

Leviathan wrote:
Xeno426 wrote:
feeblezak wrote:Presumably this Merkava will have 6 rounds of ammunition and a dismount of four?

What other transports do you know that limit the number individuals that can be inside?
ALBs LAVs spilling out Marine squads anyone :lol: ?

More believable than an Mi-2 carrying 15 armed soliders.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Sat 10 Sep 2016 17:35

Eukie wrote:
Killertomato wrote:I did forget, but I honestly don't think the 1B will make it and I don't think they'll remove any of the others to put the 3B in. My guess is at the top you'll have the 2D as a K1-type vehicle, the 3 as your M1A1-type tank and the 3 BAZ as death on wheels. It would be nice to have the 3B but what would you displace? One of them has to be an APC, the 1 is in for Cat C, the 2B is before us, and the 2D seems like a no-brainer.

The previous time MadMat said there'd be six Merkavas, he said he didn't count the APC version among those six.

:D
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sat 10 Sep 2016 18:01

Leviathan wrote:ALBs LAVs spilling out Marine squads anyone :lol: ?

M2s or HUMVEEs carrying 10 men inside. You don't have to look at past versions.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Mighty_Zuk
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Mighty_Zuk » Sat 10 Sep 2016 18:15

I don't understand why so many people think the Merkava will be any sort of troop transport. It won't!

It was not, is not an APC. It was never designed to carry infantry. And even when it DID carry infantry, it had to dump all its ammo and the infantrymen would sit in a VERY tight and uncomfortable space, limited to maybe 4 soldiers with gear.

The only times a Merkava will dump its ammo to accommodate troops will be when there is no ambulance around to carry the wounded out of the battlefield.

There are enough APCs in the IDF to warrant the Merkavas will always stay focused on their intended role.
M113, Achzarit, Nakpadon, Nagmachon are some of the older ones.
Namer and Eitan 8x8 are the newer ones.

And even though the Namer is too new to be in game, the Achzarit and Nakpadon can very well serve as the armored hulks that carry infantry into contested urban environments.

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Sat 10 Sep 2016 18:24

Too lazy to search right now, but wasn't there already a statement by MadMat confirming an early Merkava version to be used as an IFV?

Sgt._Pepper
Lieutenant

Postby Sgt._Pepper » Sat 10 Sep 2016 18:29

Mighty_Zuk wrote:I don't understand why so many people think the Merkava will be any sort of troop transport. It won't!

Maybe they think that because it has already been confirmed by Eugen?

Eukie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Eukie » Sat 10 Sep 2016 18:53

Mighty_Zuk wrote:I don't understand why so many people think the Merkava will be any sort of troop transport. It won't!

It was not, is not an APC. It was never designed to carry infantry. And even when it DID carry infantry, it had to dump all its ammo and the infantrymen would sit in a VERY tight and uncomfortable space, limited to maybe 4 soldiers with gear.

Nah, you could get like six people in the ammo compartment if you drop all the ammo. And, well, we think the Merkava will be any sort of troop transport because MadMat has been hinting heavily that it'll be one.

Killertomato wrote:
Eukie wrote:The previous time MadMat said there'd be six Merkavas, he said he didn't count the APC version among those six.

:D

Actually, I checked what MadMat actually said, and I was wrong; it was the Pereh he said wasn't counted as a tank. So there might be five TNK Merkavas and one VEH Merkava.

But let's not forget that Merkava variants aren't the end-all of IDF tanks; the Magach 6B Baz is an up-armoured, ERA'd, M60A1 RISE with the same FCS as the Merkava Mk 3 BAZ! There's also the IDF variant of the Super-M60 concept, the Magach 7, which sports the same FCS as the regular Merkava Mk 3.

Caterpillar
Sergeant

Postby Caterpillar » Sat 10 Sep 2016 19:08

What about arty?
I would be sad seeing Paladins as the main Israeli howitzers...

What about the "Sholef"?
It is using a Merkava hull so it could be like the USSR "MSTA".

ImageIt was made iduring 80's.

It had a longer barrel than the competitors which led it to have more range (45 KM compared to the 13-30 KM of the M109!), it could also fire 15 seconds after complete stop and carry up to 75 projectiles (according to Wiki's resources).
According to Wiki the fire rate is quite slow.

Would surely be a prototype since the project was canceled.
Join other Tactical mode players on: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tacticalrd

Admiral Nimitz
Corporal

Postby Admiral Nimitz » Sat 10 Sep 2016 19:09

I just hope we get Merkhavas Mk1,2D,3,3B and 3Baz... Whether or not we get 2b isn't as important I guess because like someone said, the Magach 7 and 6B kinda cover the same area. But we definitely have to get the Magach 6B and 7, those will be awesome. Is the Pereh included in the DLC?
The USA should have the B-2 Spirit stealth bomber, it was first flown in 1989.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”