Command Infantry suggestions

BadsharkDK
Sergeant

Command Infantry suggestions

Postby BadsharkDK » Wed 14 Sep 2016 14:59

Hello everyone.
I have a small suggestion.
Could it be possible to have two cards of command infantry instead of one?
It would give an opportunity when you play as a single nation, could have a unit in a vehicle and one in a helicopter for example.
Can not see it will be a big Gamebreaker, but would provide some opportunities for nation deck. as coalitions deck has...

ToTheMetal
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Command Infantry suggestions

Postby ToTheMetal » Wed 14 Sep 2016 15:37

So we can just remove command helos and jeeps completely?

karsayor
Sergeant Major

Postby karsayor » Wed 14 Sep 2016 15:42

ToTheMetal wrote:So we can just remove command helos and jeeps completely?

You can only have to Command infantery per card, while you can get twice the amount of jeeps. No problem IMO.

ToTheMetal
Command Sergeant Major

Postby ToTheMetal » Wed 14 Sep 2016 15:53

karsayor wrote:

You can only have to Command infantery per card, while you can get twice the amount of jeeps. No problem IMO.

1)it's 3 per card with no availability bonuses
2)they're strictly better versions of the aforementioned ones.
1 card is enough, there's no need for more. If you want more, you play coalitions.

karsayor
Sergeant Major

Postby karsayor » Wed 14 Sep 2016 16:01

ToTheMetal wrote:1)it's 3 per card with no availability bonuses
1 card is enough, there's no need for more. If you want more, you play coalitions.

Yeah I meant 3, don't know why I wrote 2 :) Still, you can have double number of jeeps, and since coalitions already have at least 2 command infantery, I don't see any issue giving two cards to everyone...

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Wed 14 Sep 2016 16:03

When you see last time command helo? Since is CMD INF + helo nobody uses CMD helo. They cannot be hidden, have no armor, doe not have any benefits of other CVs. CV inf with helo is almost as fast except the unload and hide phase.

ToTheMetal
Command Sergeant Major

Postby ToTheMetal » Wed 14 Sep 2016 16:05

molnibalage wrote:

When you see last time command helo? Since is CMD INF + helo nobody uses CMD helo. They cannot be hidden, have no armor, doe not have any benefits of other CVs. CV inf with helo is almost as fast except the unload and hide phase.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

BadsharkDK
Sergeant

Postby BadsharkDK » Wed 14 Sep 2016 16:06

karsayor wrote:
ToTheMetal wrote:1)it's 3 per card with no availability bonuses

Yeah I meant 3, don't know why I wrote 2 :) Still, you can have double number of jeeps, and since coalitions already have at least 2 command infantery, I don't see any issue giving two cards to everyone...

Just what i meant

R3d Sh4mbala
Sergeant Major

Postby R3d Sh4mbala » Wed 14 Sep 2016 16:51

May I point out two problems with this idea.

1) CV infantry are bound to transport cards. The cheapest a CV infantry can come in is 105pt. Which is kind of a tax with use of a Truck.
Jeeps are far more cost advantageous and are higher numbers, also some nations have 1/1/1/1 armored and armed CV at 100pts, at generally the same price step.

Earlier in the BETA, from what I heard from some of the vets of that era. CV infantry were the only choice with a truck card of 2/2.
Later that was fixed with Recon infantry getting access to Trucks, but the card was dropped 1/1 which is another reason why players will ditch these options because of their higher cost, or you have need for a more important asset at a cheaper price. [aka RECON infantry.] Which kind of makes it less likely to be deployed. And when your using other transports the cost can easily get up to CV tank levels of cost, in some cases.

Also due to transport binding, some decks have no advantage to bringing in CV infantry. Like Mech and Armored because CV infantry are denied baseline armored APC/IFV access.

2) CV infantry numbers per card is so low, every loss hurts, when CV infantry have about the same numbers as a low vet tank CV I am less inclined to take them over the 100pt units. [This is especially painful for Airborne Decks.]

We need wider access to transports for CV infantry, we need CV infantry to have a numerical parity with the 100pt CV units.

It would be possible to remove the helicopter CV from game. But the transport cost for a CV infantry with a helo transport is way higher than the 100pt minimum cost for Helo CV. So that doesn't help the argument either.

CV infantry need a looking into I think. As well as the truck card being upped to 2/2. So you can call in a Recon/CV infantry combo or 2 Cards of Recon infantry.

BadsharkDK
Sergeant

Postby BadsharkDK » Wed 14 Sep 2016 17:26

R3d Sh4mbala wrote:May I point out two problems with this idea.

1) CV infantry are bound to transport cards. The cheapest a CV infantry can come in is 105pt. Which is kind of a tax with use of a Truck.
Jeeps are far more cost advantageous and are higher numbers, also some nations have 1/1/1/1 armored and armed CV at 100pts, at generally the same price step.

Earlier in the BETA, from what I heard from some of the vets of that era. CV infantry were the only choice with a truck card of 2/2.
Later that was fixed with Recon infantry getting access to Trucks, but the card was dropped 1/1 which is another reason why players will ditch these options because of their higher cost, or you have need for a more important asset at a cheaper price. [aka RECON infantry.] Which kind of makes it less likely to be deployed. And when your using other transports the cost can easily get up to CV tank levels of cost, in some cases.

Also due to transport binding, some decks have no advantage to bringing in CV infantry. Like Mech and Armored because CV infantry are denied baseline armored APC/IFV access.

2) CV infantry numbers per card is so low, every loss hurts, when CV infantry have about the same numbers as a low vet tank CV I am less inclined to take them over the 100pt units. [This is especially painful for Airborne Decks.]

We need wider access to transports for CV infantry, we need CV infantry to have a numerical parity with the 100pt CV units.

It would be possible to remove the helicopter CV from game. But the transport cost for a CV infantry with a helo transport is way higher than the 100pt minimum cost for Helo CV. So that doesn't help the argument either.

CV infantry need a looking into I think. As well as the truck card being upped to 2/2. So you can call in a Recon/CV infantry combo or 2 Cards of Recon infantry.

I think not so much on cost price, but more about opportunities to bring CMD INF. It is up to the people themselves what type of CV they will use. many CMD INF have the ability to use APC, heli, and other wheeled vehicles. But the most cheap is of course just a jeep.
My idea was just that, you have two options, with CMD INF. instead of one when you play as a nation. your free to dont use the ekstra CMD INF

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”