Unit of the Day (Tzahal version)

Mighty_Zuk
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Unit of the Day (Tzahal version)

Postby Mighty_Zuk » Sat 1 Oct 2016 15:31

Woozle wrote:
This popped into my head when I saw today's (or yesterday, I'm a bit late) unit. IAI Lavi, kinda weird to use this airframe for hauling bombs but it's still neat.

Yeah I agree.

The Lavi was intended first and foremost as an air superiority fighter.
So a bomb truck loadout is strange. I expected to see it as an ASF.

Caterpillar
Sergeant

Postby Caterpillar » Sat 1 Oct 2016 16:55

Mighty_Zuk wrote:
Woozle wrote:
This popped into my head when I saw today's (or yesterday, I'm a bit late) unit. IAI Lavi, kinda weird to use this airframe for hauling bombs but it's still neat.

Yeah I agree.

The Lavi was intended first and foremost as an air superiority fighter.
So a bomb truck loadout is strange. I expected to see it as an ASF.

Very strange and in fact, slightly disappointing..
Join other Tactical mode players on: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tacticalrd

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sat 1 Oct 2016 19:47

Mighty_Zuk wrote:The Lavi was intended first and foremost as an air superiority fighter.

Not from what I've read. It was designed to allow for strikes at very high cruise speeds thanks to semi-conformal weapon carriage. In an age of active-radar missiles, the fact no such weapons were planned is rather telling.

Furthermore, the existence of the F-15, F-16 and Mirage III in the deck make another ASF rather pointless. For a unit with an intro date of about 1990, a pure SRAAM loadout would have the Lavi consigned to the unused bin of Wargame, which would be even sadder.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Woozle
Captain

Postby Woozle » Sun 2 Oct 2016 01:33

Xeno426 wrote:
Mighty_Zuk wrote:The Lavi was intended first and foremost as an air superiority fighter.

Not from what I've read. It was designed to allow for strikes at very high cruise speeds thanks to semi-conformal weapon carriage. In an age of active-radar missiles, the fact no such weapons were planned is rather telling.

Furthermore, the existence of the F-15, F-16 and Mirage III in the deck make another ASF rather pointless. For a unit with an intro date of about 1990, a pure SRAAM loadout would have the Lavi consigned to the unused bin of Wargame, which would be even sadder.

Lavi had no active radar missile capability, seriously? Well if that is true then this loadout means it will see some use atleast.

FUBAR1939
Warrant Officer

Postby FUBAR1939 » Sun 2 Oct 2016 06:31

Israel DLC will be the same price of Netherlands DLC?

fox_the_apprentice
Sergeant Major

Postby fox_the_apprentice » Sun 2 Oct 2016 06:49

kish wrote:
Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
HaryPL wrote:It's.. it's this.. ..

.. oh, right! It's just a another spit into USAF face! :?

Looking at the Israeli deck, it's a spit on the face of just about every other army in this game...

This forum is so full of crying babies. So far i've seen Israel being played a few times and it lost every time.

Reading this forum is going through constant "spit in the face", "disaster", "armaeddon", "hell".. it's like 2082 terminator legions were introduced..
people should really start relaxing a bit and respect Eugens decisions a little more, it's not "bias", "jew-loving", "pay2win", "area51revealed", "mulderIsScully" crazy shit. it's a game with some good ppl in charge of making it fun and enjoyable

Forgot "cancer". That's become a popular one ;)

Having seen Israel lose a few times more than usual is to be expected; the people using the deck haven't got as much experience with it. Not saying anything on the balance, just something to keep in mind.

Also, I like fairness in addition to fun. Eugen has every right to not re-balance (this is an arbitrary example) the US air tab, but the forum-goers also have every right to contemplate what potential buffs/nerfs could be given if Eugen reconsiders. It's part of the forum fun, and it keeps me busy at work :lol:

Person012345
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Person012345 » Sun 2 Oct 2016 23:27

kish wrote:
Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
HaryPL wrote:It's.. it's this.. ..

.. oh, right! It's just a another spit into USAF face! :?

Looking at the Israeli deck, it's a spit on the face of just about every other army in this game...

This forum is so full of crying babies. So far i've seen Israel being played a few times and it lost every time.

Reading this forum is going through constant "spit in the face", "disaster", "armaeddon", "hell".. it's like 2082 terminator legions were introduced..
people should really start relaxing a bit and respect Eugens decisions a little more, it's not "bias", "jew-loving", "pay2win", "area51revealed", "mulderIsScully" crazy shit. it's a game with some good ppl in charge of making it fun and enjoyable

The incredible thing is, it's the same people who were saying the same shit since the Airland Battle beta and they're still at it, criticizing every unit they don't yet know how to deal with as a game killer OP one-unit army. And they still haven't been discouraged after being wrong this whole time. Don't get me wrong, there are certainly legitimate balance complaints that can be made at various stage but as you said, some people just go over the top and think that every new unit or faction is just roundly better than everything else and is the end of the game.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”