Recon in Recon for existing nations

throwaway
Lieutenant

Re: The "Israel is OP" thread

Postby throwaway » Tue 20 Sep 2016 15:39

[EUG]MadMat wrote:Yes, I just had confirmation from the GDs that the "recon within recon" concept has gotten nation-wide approval ... ;)

Meaning non-Israel will have them on launch day? FLX mentioned recon v-150 during the stream and I assumed it's coming with the patch, but then it was mostly talked about as a thing that's Israel only and potentially expanded later..

NordicBloodHound
Corporal

Recon in Recon for existing nations

Postby NordicBloodHound » Tue 20 Sep 2016 15:41

Seing that Eugen is considering to add the recon in recon option as seen in the IDF stream, to existing nations. What would your proposals be for the "older nations".

Mine is: Cav Scouts in M3 Bradley.....OP :lol:
NordicBloodHound's Aircraft & Helo Icon Pack: viewtopic.php?f=187&t=58044

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Tue 20 Sep 2016 15:45

throwaway wrote:
[EUG]MadMat wrote:Yes, I just had confirmation from the GDs that the "recon within recon" concept has gotten nation-wide approval ... ;)

Meaning non-Israel will have them on launch day? FLX mentioned recon v-150 during the stream and I assumed it's coming with the patch, but then it was mostly talked about as a thing that's Israel only and potentially expanded later..

Yes, it will be included in the major balance patch coming alongside the Nation Pack's release.
Recon APCs such as the V-150, BTR-40, ... will be re-roled from "Recon vehicle" to "Recon transport".

steppewolf
Second-Lieutenant

Postby steppewolf » Tue 20 Sep 2016 15:49

[EUG]MadMat wrote:Recon APCs such as the V-150, BTR-40, ... will be re-roled from "Recon vehicle" to "Recon transport".

Will these APCs retain their optics in order to use them as recon vehicles without the infantry squad loaded?

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Tue 20 Sep 2016 15:50

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
throwaway wrote:

Yes, it will be included in the major balance patch coming alongside the Nation Pack's release.
Recon APCs such as the V-150, BTR-40, ... will be re-roled from "Recon vehicle" to "Recon transport".

Great news! This is a massive improvement for the recon tab for all!

BRDM-2 will finally get to shine :D
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

morpher
Major-General

Re: Recon in Recon for existing nations

Postby morpher » Tue 20 Sep 2016 15:52

Special ones in snezka.

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Tue 20 Sep 2016 15:52

steppewolf wrote:Will these APCs retain their optics in order to use them as recon vehicles without the infantry squad loaded?

That's actually the whole point ... ;)

steppewolf
Second-Lieutenant

Postby steppewolf » Tue 20 Sep 2016 15:57

Awesome, this add a hole new dimension to game play, especially for low point tactical. Factions with good recon infantry will be somehow favored by this change :D

DasaKamov
Command Sergeant Major

Postby DasaKamov » Tue 20 Sep 2016 16:03

[EUG]MadMat wrote:Yes, it will be included in the major balance patch coming alongside the Nation Pack's release.

You know, with the Recon tweaks, MG tweaks, and APC/IFV tweaks, I'm starting to get more excited for the upcoming Balance Patch than the actual Nation Pack! :)
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

Gen3ralAustria
Master Sergeant
Location: Gramastetten, Mühlviertel, Upper Austria (OÖ), Austria

Re: Recon in Recon for existing nations

Postby Gen3ralAustria » Tue 20 Sep 2016 16:15

Well, it will change some things. All those low point recons now gain more use as carriers and recons.
I am not sure though if the M3 Bradleys (Cavalry Fighting Vehicle) will be able to transport troops ...
For the rest: great idea guys. Keep it up!
Austria for Wargame:RD as National Pack!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”