On the state of the community

Mighty_Zuk
Command Sergeant Major

Re: On the state of the community

Postby Mighty_Zuk » Fri 23 Sep 2016 14:45

This is a fun environment for Jewish Jews like me.

Keinutnai
Lieutenant

Postby Keinutnai » Fri 23 Sep 2016 15:06

Conquest is a CANCER!

Most played game type is destruction, so matchmaking should include destruction.

Besides any matchmaking without being able to chose variables is pointless. I for example would never go on matchmaking if I couldn't chose the following:

At least 3x3
Total Destruction
60 minutes or no time limit.
throwaway wrote:
molnibalage wrote:
JohnDaBarr wrote:This game definitely needs better matchmaking

Tons of time has been expalined if the MM counts more than 3-4 setting it is impossible to make it for 1000-2000 players...

They can't make it perfect, that doesn't mean they shouldn't try at all. MM for 1v1 through 4v4 conquest would be plenty.

But the issue isn't available game modes, it's presentation. Ranked should be the obvious in your face game mode, with custom lobbies as a background option, like in SC2. You log in, you see a big button in the center of the screen saying "SEARCH FOR GAME", and in a corner somewhere there's also a button for custom lobbies. Currently it's the opposite.
Last edited by Keinutnai on Fri 23 Sep 2016 15:07, edited 1 time in total.
Wargame 4 - Balkan at War - New Countries: Italy, Spain, Greece & Turkey versus Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Hungary & Romania!

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Fri 23 Sep 2016 15:07

Keinutnai wrote:Conquest is a CANCER!

Bwahahhahahahahahahhahahaa

Gorganhound
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Gorganhound » Fri 23 Sep 2016 15:08

Heh, sometimes people on war chat have legitimate discussions. Sometimes...

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Fri 23 Sep 2016 15:13

Razzmann wrote:

CV sniping...

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Fri 23 Sep 2016 15:16

molnibalage wrote:
Razzmann wrote:

CV sniping...

What is with CV sniping? Honestly, CV sniping has a bigger effect in destruction than in conquest...

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Fri 23 Sep 2016 15:17

Killertomato wrote:I still don't understand why chat was implemented in the first place.

I remember how for a very long time, chatgame was actually useful for finding games, having discussions about specific units, stratagems and assisting people in doing things.

Sadly that went away.

We need to have a reclaim warchat initiative.

Most played game type is destruction, so matchmaking should include destruction.

Keep your camping out of my warspace!

Also, calling a whole gamemode thoroughly enjoyed by people cancerous is you know, part of the problem too......

But seriously, Warchat could improve, it should really have been built with the power to have a few ingame mods to control it while they are online, I mean i know i would have happily done it myself when i was waiting for a 10v10 to fill or for another game to go up, doesnt need to be the dev team just people whom could be trusted to have a laugh but also stomp on those whom take it to an extreme (a bit like how many other games operate but dont go all extreme censorship on people just having a spot of fun).

molnibalage wrote:CV sniping...

Can happen in any game tbf :) I remember it fondly from back before conquest was my main game mode, how i had to protect the living hell out of my CV from being sniped.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Fri 23 Sep 2016 15:22

Razzmann wrote:What is with CV sniping? Honestly, CV sniping has a bigger effect in destruction than in conquest...

In dest even a lucky effect kill a CV you can still kill the oppoent units and in case you are better you kill more than loose and can win with smaller income.

In conq. you lost a CV come back from that is very hard because of time to buy a new CV and move to the zone. You can win this game by just killing CVs but loosing almost any other. It was not fun when stompers buy lots of small helos, recon helos and one any CV capable killer and simply rush zone to zone. Even if you kill the rush you cannot regain zones enough fast...

Couq. would be good if the zone control depends rather fighting units presence in the zone...

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Fri 23 Sep 2016 15:25

I can clearly see you barely played any real conquest games... if at all. Waste of time.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 23 Sep 2016 15:34

Admiral Piett wrote:B-b-b-b-b-but if they got rid of warchat, how would I ever know if I was famous enough for cancerous trolls to impersonate me?

:lol:

Thank goodness we have you to tell us that the T-72 is worse than the M4 Sherman. :lol:
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”