On the state of the community

throwaway
Lieutenant

Re: On the state of the community

Postby throwaway » Fri 23 Sep 2016 15:37

Literally nothing wrong with warchat, if you don't like it close it.

Keinutnai
Lieutenant

Re: On the state of the community

Postby Keinutnai » Fri 23 Sep 2016 16:57

I personally like the warchat. Its funny to read it while waiting another 30 mins for another game.
Razzmann wrote:I can clearly see you barely played any real conquest games... if at all. Waste of time.

I played maybe 20 games. They account for less than 2% of my games played.

I played enough to see that conquest encourages people to camp once they consolidated more sectors than enemy.

Furthermore as assaulting fortified positions requires much larger attacking force than defending forces, and because both sides always earn same amount of points, assaulting after securing an advantage is not a clever move and in this regard conquest is punishing. Conquest makes it practically impossible to take the whole map. Because even if you are doing well you are gaining points at an ever increasing rate and you "win" the game by points before taking out the last cv.

Total destruction on the other hand rewards you for grabing more land, just like other games, by giving you more income, allowing you to outproduce your enemy and steamroll them once a crtitical mass is reached.
Wargame 4 - Balkan at War - New Countries: Italy, Spain, Greece & Turkey versus Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Hungary & Romania!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”