Israel tank historical balance suggestion.

QUAD
Colonel

Re: Israel tank historical balance suggestion.

Postby QUAD » Sun 9 Oct 2016 06:57

codextero wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:Oh this is delish, you fabricate stories about Zuk, talk loudly about how he spreads lies a different forum, and then can't provide any proof of it

Well this part is true, Zuk is infamous on the Armored Warfare Forums for gunking up any thread that brings up the Merkava. Like it's a thread about Russian Tanks, someone brings up Trophy in relation to Arena, and in comes Zuk to derail the thread. He might have developed a hatred there.

I'll only make one comment on the hypothetical WWII topic, and it's that combat experienced NCOs are worth their weight in gold if the real thing ever happens. Training and exercises can't tell you reliably who will lose their cool under fire and who won't. There's nothing more disheartening to a group having authority figures fall apart in a crisis. Conversely, a cool voice telling everyone to do their job while under stress works wonders. The recent wars in Iraq and Afghanistan has provided the US with a large supply of veteran NCO's who can be recalled and distributed to newly formed units to stiffen them up.

The high quality of American NCOs

Exactly. Combine this with the since-WW2-really US army doctrine of extensive combined arms and systems designed to facilitate acquisition and maneuver (ridiculous optics/open topped WW2 TD's and lots of armored cars and recon/simple C2 via advanced communications) and you have an extremely potent army, even ignoring the absurd quantitative advantage the US currently has.

Building on what I think makes the US army "teh best", imho since WW2 the rifle squad has had a tremendous amount of organic firepower in relation to their peers. This facilitates maneuver because the infantry holds the enemy in place.
Mobile Units Operational :!:

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Sun 9 Oct 2016 07:50

Zuk isn't any worse than many of our own denizens. And I'm familiar with his AW posting, still think it pales to some of the stuff from here.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sun 9 Oct 2016 08:41

QUAD wrote:Building on what I think makes the US army "teh best", imho since WW2 the rifle squad has had a tremendous amount of organic firepower in relation to their peers. This facilitates maneuver because the infantry holds the enemy in place.

I dare say it gets to the point of being a bit too much. Having to haul around a bunch of Javelins, for example, puts a lot of strain on a squad. Cav Scouts are notorious for bristling with firepower at times, but that's because we get stuck pulling overwatch/flank guard while infantry does the main assault.

Thankfully usually the excess stuff just gets left behind most of the time. Speed is a main factor for survival with infantry. Being in top physical shape, going light, and only bringing the firepower you need means you can maneuver around as much as possible while not being exhausted when it comes time to actually trade lead.

Be thankful Wargame doesn't simulate what happens when you run all over the battlefield like other games do, heh. Being dead tired is about as bad for your accuracy as being panicked is.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Yakhont
Colonel

Postby Yakhont » Sun 9 Oct 2016 10:37

Wow this is fantstic

when I left the thread it was about why and how the Merkeva's FAV is not reprentative of its capabilities in real life

But somehow it turned into how Neo Napoleon and the Americans will roll over Russia with nothing less than all the PGMs no doubt carried and launched on the backs of US Calvaryman and guided by the brilliant leadership of US NCOs

This Grande Armee(US Incorporated) will no doubt be most formidable forces in all of history

GARGEAN
Brigadier

Postby GARGEAN » Sun 9 Oct 2016 10:41

Lol, saying "muh cruse mizziles will destroy Russia in a hours", like russian ADN dissapeared in mist. Funny guys.

Mighty_Zuk
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Mighty_Zuk » Sun 9 Oct 2016 10:56

Can I join the hate wagon?

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Sun 9 Oct 2016 11:07

Start over
Viker for ingen!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”