MG rebalance complete list

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

MG rebalance complete list

Postby orcbuster » Thu 29 Sep 2016 22:30

http://imgur.com/a/2QKUf

Razzmann gives a better TL;DR

Razzmann wrote:Line infantry MGs are basically standardised now. With a few exceptions: the MG3 (being quite a bit better) and the Type 73 LMG being slightly better in RoF and accuracy.
The other exceptions being Fusiliers '90 and Diggers '90 having a CQC MG with high RoF and bas Diggers having the bren.

Also, variants of the same MG used by infantry with different training will make the MG CQC when "upgraded" from line to shock and will increase accuracy. From shock to elite it will only increase accuracy in some cases (e.g. the Minimi) but not in all (e.g. l:MG3 being the same on Panzergrenadiere and Fallschirmjäger).

Some examples:

Overall a positive change IMO
Viker for ingen!

Razzmann
General

Re: MG rebalance complete list

Postby Razzmann » Thu 29 Sep 2016 22:48

Wolf In Arms wrote:Are you able to say how Zanshi are doing now? Are they not horrible now?

Gonna quote you here since this is the better thread for this.

Zhanzhi have a the same standardised MG like Motostrelki and Riflemen.

However RD still has problems with infantry fights. Lu Zhandui are 10men now, but the Type 81 got the short end of the stick. While it was (near) the best RedFor MG, it is now one of the worst shock MGs, falling behind RPK(-74) and far behind the LMG 944 (they were more or less on par before the Patch) which is now the best Redfor MG by the looks of it. RPD seems decent too, but just lacks the RoF even more so than the Type 81, but makes it somewhat up with a higher burst length.

TL;DR the 10men Lu Zhandui buffed got "balanced" by the Type 81 "nerf" (or too small buff).

DasaKamov
Command Sergeant Major

Postby DasaKamov » Thu 29 Sep 2016 22:51

Interesting; I like how it looks so far! Imgur doesn't like my phone so I couldn't check, but I'm assuming the unit prices remain unchanged?
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Thu 29 Sep 2016 22:54

DasaKamov wrote:Interesting; I like how it looks so far! Imgur doesn't like my phone so I couldn't check, but I'm assuming the unit prices remain unchanged?

IIRC the only thing that changed is Lu Zhandui getting a 5 point price buff for being reduced to 10men.

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Thu 29 Sep 2016 22:56

Interesting and dare i say a positive development.
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

HardlyCriket
Sergeant Major

Postby HardlyCriket » Thu 29 Sep 2016 23:01

Razzmann wrote:
Wolf In Arms wrote:Are you able to say how Zanshi are doing now? Are they not horrible now?

Gonna quote you here since this is the better thread for this.

Zhanzhi have a the same standardised MG like Motostrelki and Riflemen.

However RD still has problems with infantry fights. Lu Zhandui are 10men now, but the Type 81 got the short end of the stick. While it was (near) the best RedFor MG, it is now one of the worst shock MGs, falling behind RPK(-74) and far behind the LMG 944 (they were more or less on par before the Patch) which is now the best Redfor MG by the looks of it. RPD seems decent too, but just lacks the RoF even more so than the Type 81, but makes it somewhat up with a higher burst length.

TL;DR the 10men Lu Zhandui buffed got "balanced" by the Type 81 "nerf" (or too small buff).

They should be 15 points, not 20. They're equal or worse than Mots in every way. Otherwise this looks like a step in the right direction.

Edit: That's the 75 version I'm talking about, though honestly the 90s version could probably come down in price as well.

Edit 2: Just noticed the strella bus came down in price, that's great.
Image >Special thanks to kiheerSEDMAN for the sig.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfZeIYyL_Gw

Admiral Piett
Colonel

Postby Admiral Piett » Thu 29 Sep 2016 23:08

Mostly standardized line infantry MGs is nice. Lu Zhandui '75 should be 15-points, since they are just worse Mot-Schutzen. 10-man Lu Zhandui is a welcome addition, even if they have a worse MG. Zhanshi '85 are still a joke at 15-points unless the Type 69-I got buffed. They should be 10-points, as the Type 69-I in its current form is a side-grade of the upgraded M72.

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby keldon » Thu 29 Sep 2016 23:19

Should i start to write angry letters?
> Sources for tuning Red Dragons --- Sources for tuning Blue Dragons <
亲们!大国梦哦!
小钱钱,真心甜,鼓钱包,放腰间,大国梦,早日圆 。啷个哩个啷♪

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Thu 29 Sep 2016 23:19

so how's the PKM?
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Thu 29 Sep 2016 23:20

trotskygrad wrote:so how's the PKM?

Same as the M60
Viker for ingen!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”