Israel patriot missile

Azaz3l
Brigadier

Re: Israel patriot missile

Postby Azaz3l » Sat 1 Oct 2016 20:00

danielbr14 wrote:Israel is already lacking in AA ...

Yes, let's make Israel an equivalent to USSR/USA.

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Sat 1 Oct 2016 20:01

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:
urogard wrote:Except for the fact that Eugen never removes anything once it's in. They might nerf it, they might gimp it but they will never remove it.
You know, if they're replacing the M60 ERA model with the Israeli's then wouldn't that mean they've actually well and truly discarded a model?

Still, giving to BD or EC is still possible.

So which unit that is currently ingame would is getting removed? because i'm not talking about model changes, i'm talking about ingame units.

Once it's in, it stays in

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Sat 1 Oct 2016 20:05

Xeno426 wrote:I should hope not. Don't need that stuff proliferated.
In the sense that, if you can't remove it, give it to someone else who might need it more.

orcbuster wrote:Old model is still there. It hasn't been replaced.
I thought they were going to do a model fix for the M60 and F-15 though. Did it fall through?

urogard wrote:So which unit that is currently ingame would is getting removed? because i'm not talking about model changes, i'm talking about ingame units.

Once it's in, it stays in
Say that to Mountaineers. Cav Scouts might as well be an entirely new unit besides the fact they share models.

Sgt._Pepper
Lieutenant

Postby Sgt._Pepper » Sat 1 Oct 2016 20:08

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:Say that to Mountaineers. Cav Scouts might as well be an entirely new unit besides the fact they share models.

It's only about models. Changing names and stats is not a problem.

Xeno426 wrote:
kiheerSEDMAN wrote:Still, giving to BD or EC is still possible.

I should hope not. Don't need that stuff proliferated.

What about moving it to Japan as a proto? Improves BD and keeps it away form superpowers.

DasaKamov
Command Sergeant Major

Postby DasaKamov » Sat 1 Oct 2016 20:12

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:I thought they were going to do a model fix for the M60 and F-15 though. Did it fall through?

They're not removing the M60 or F-15, though, which is what urogard is saying when he says "Eugen doesn't remove units". Updating the model is not removing.

Also, it could be argued that the "Mountaineers -> Cavalry Scouts" change was a re-role, not a removal.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Sat 1 Oct 2016 20:14

Just throw it in the navy!! the model isnt wasted!!!
Of Salt

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Sat 1 Oct 2016 20:19

Sgt._Pepper wrote:It's only about models. Changing names and stats is not a problem.
Which is what I said before.

DasaKamov wrote:They're not removing the M60 or F-15, though, which is what urogard is saying when he says "Eugen doesn't remove units". Updating the model is not removing.

Also, it could be argued that the "Mountaineers -> Cavalry Scouts" change was a re-role, not a removal.
This whole argument is really grey and open for interpretation, but the way I see it, Israel got their own models which are supplanting the US models that are now going to be thrown away.

The argument against getting rid of the Patriot is that it is already in the game and Eugen does not want to "waste models." No one really thinks the Patriot is a great thing for balance, but that argument is what is really keeping it in the game. Of course, asking for something like turning the KATTI into a HEMTT to properly represent its stats (and US use) would be a model change, and in this sense, the entire argument that Eugen has about not wanting to waste models kind of falls flat and we end up going around in circles because the premise doesn't make all that much sense.

Wirri
Warrant Officer

Postby Wirri » Sat 1 Oct 2016 20:27

Imo, DLC countries should have a few nice units, but they should not be top tier in terms of being competitive. It makes the game have a p2w-ish feel to it and even if most of the players bought the DLC it wouldn't be fair.
And anyways patriot is USA's unicorn, isn't it?
Aaand Is it not bad enough that israel not only has the best tank but the best goddamn ATGMs, both heli and ground launched. fml.
Oh and really competitive infantry.
Let's add good AA too so they can't fly their planes.
Oh and the best ASFs..

SALT
Spoiler : :
Razzmann wrote:
Wirri wrote:Can I finally call myself a shitposter?

You have my blessing.

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Sat 1 Oct 2016 20:33

Wirri wrote:And anyways patriot is USA's unicorn, isn't it?
Lance, GBU-12, 227mm M270, CBU-87, AGM-65G, etc.

QUAD
Colonel

Postby QUAD » Sat 1 Oct 2016 20:37

Giving Japan the Patriot makes a lot of sense because the JSDF would actually use it in a tactical engagement because of how small Japan is.

(and BD needs all the help it can get, and Patriot removal is a reason to improve US infantry and more importantly Air Force.)
Mobile Units Operational :!:

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”