Israel patriot missile

KattiValk
General

Re: Israel patriot missile

Postby KattiValk » Mon 3 Oct 2016 20:07

another505 wrote:sure there is, it can actually take some missiles and not die

Mi-24 are fine as 10 hp individually, but it is terrible for Tactical Outplay, but then, 6 HP works too,

Leave at it is, changing it 8HP also means a lot of prices changes when the Hinds are used everywhere....
There is no more justifiable survivablity in 10 HP that 8 HP doesn't already provide. It will still eat a Roland missile just fine.

They aren't fine at 10 HP. Doubling down on armor and HP is both not great for balance nor is it that realistic.

Price changes are a good thing. Makes more Hinds less expensive.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Mon 3 Oct 2016 20:08

Narcissistic Black wrote:
Razzmann wrote:
Narcissistic Black wrote:By that logic Longbow is outranged by many AA

By what logic?
Last time I checked, turning off the guns on my tank while moving does not make the Hellfire miss.

Razzmann wrote:Ka-52 can be baited and the HP on Hinds only really makes a difference when helorushing.

Maybe logic was the wrong word. The comment that these unit are useless or situational. I similarity just named something that would defeat longbow to make it useless or situational.

But the Longbow does not counter aa, it counters tanks etc.
Ka-52 solely counters radar aa and like I said, you can bait the missiles with a bit of micro.
You can't do anything like that against the longbow (I don't say you should be able to).

Mako
General

Postby Mako » Mon 3 Oct 2016 20:10

Black, you can cheese the Ka-52 into shooting the ground pretty easily.
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Mon 3 Oct 2016 20:13

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:

Mi-24 are fine as 10 hp individually, but it is terrible for Tactical Outplay, but then, 6 HP works too,

Leave at it is, changing it 8HP also means a lot of prices changes when the Hinds are used everywhere....
There is no more justifiable survivablity in 10 HP that 8 HP doesn't already provide. It will still eat a Roland missile just fine.

They aren't fine at 10 HP. Doubling down on armor and HP is both not great for balance nor is it that realistic.

how about the other 10HP helo like Phrog and Chinook? 8HP? i doubt they are just as justifiable to have 10 HP

No one really shown me a reason how it being 10 HP is murdering everyone. It doesnt die to SPAAG and 4HE missiles as fast, but it is just more survivable in getting away. I dont see how it isn't balance, and realism wise, all helo and planes are already not realistic in HP wise.

sure, if eugen is willing.
Of Salt

morpher
Major-General

Postby morpher » Mon 3 Oct 2016 20:16

another505 wrote: but it is just more survivable in getting away reaching your spawn.

Mephistopheles
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Mephistopheles » Tue 4 Oct 2016 00:36

Mighty_Zuk wrote:

Leopard 140 is not just merely a prototype, but is not even half a prototype. The only thing they did (by the way, it was Switzerland, not Germany) was put a 140mm cannon in a standard Leo 2A4 turret on a standard Leo 2A4 hull. They did not design new ammo bins, did not change the turret to fit the ammo, and did not do the necessary modifications to accommodate the gun other than place a few weights in the back and sides of the turret to keep the gun from cracking the mantlet.

So by this logic, Switzerland should be added to the game with the Leo 2-140, USA should get the CATTB, USSR should get any tank armed with a 152mm gun (despite these not being functional tanks), and Israel should get a 140mm on Merkava 4 as well because the 140mm project was a joint IMI-RUAG development.

Not really right. Both switzerland and germany had ready prototypes with 140 mm canon

Also the canon shape of the german 140 canon is a bit diffrent than the swiss one and comes without the destinctive muzzlebreak on the swiss cannon

Leviathan
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Leviathan » Tue 4 Oct 2016 09:35

kiheerSEDMAN wrote: the Blackhawk probably deserves it more
bah...anyone knows you can down Blackhawks with RPGs :lol:

fox_the_apprentice
Sergeant Major

Postby fox_the_apprentice » Tue 4 Oct 2016 13:36

another505 wrote:
kiheerSEDMAN wrote:

how about the other 10HP helo like Phrog and Chinook? 8HP? i doubt they are just as justifiable to have 10 HP

No one really shown me a reason how it being 10 HP is murdering everyone. It doesnt die to SPAAG and 4HE missiles as fast, but it is just more survivable in getting away. I dont see how it isn't balance, and realism wise, all helo and planes are already not realistic in HP wise.

sure, if eugen is willing.

I thought Phrog already had 8 HP...

+1 regardless (and CH-53, and any other 10 hp heli we missed)

fox_the_apprentice
Sergeant Major

Postby fox_the_apprentice » Tue 4 Oct 2016 13:37

Leviathan wrote:
kiheerSEDMAN wrote: the Blackhawk probably deserves it more
bah...anyone knows you can down Blackhawks with RPGs :lol:

700m AA range for all RPGs!

Mephistopheles
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Mephistopheles » Tue 4 Oct 2016 13:51

Mighty_Zuk wrote:
Germany
-PZH 2000
-German Eurofighter
-140mm leopard
- more G11

(...)
Leopard 140 is not just merely a prototype, but is not even half a prototype. The only thing they did (by the way, it was Switzerland, not Germany) was put a 140mm cannon in a standard Leo 2A4 turret on a standard Leo 2A4 hull. They did not design new ammo bins, did not change the turret to fit the ammo, and did not do the necessary modifications to accommodate the gun other than place a few weights in the back and sides of the turret to keep the gun from cracking the mantlet.

So by this logic, Switzerland should be added to the game with the Leo 2-140, USA should get the CATTB, USSR should get any tank armed with a 152mm gun (despite these not being functional tanks), and Israel should get a 140mm on Merkava 4 as well because the 140mm project was a joint IMI-RUAG development.

None is.

Germany also build its own 140mm canon. U might recognize that the shape of the german 140 mm canon is diffrent from the swiss RUAG canon. Especially regarding the shape of the muzzlebreak.
the Leopard 2 140mm canon hzad the prototype name NKPz 140

Also there were other great prototypes like the Leopard1A6 and Leopard VT 2. Basically a Tankdestroyer armed with 2x 120mm cannons

There are plenty of unique equipemtn and less unique equipment even for the tiniest of the wargame nations.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”