Israel patriot missile

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Israel patriot missile

Postby orcbuster » Tue 4 Oct 2016 13:57

The german leopard 2 upgrade plans post 2A4 were during the cold war as follows:

First came the addition of the L/55 gun as seen on the leopard 2A6 ( basically a 2A4 with an L/55)

Then came the addon turret armor of the 2A5/2A6 (basically the 2A6)

Then you finally had the addition of the 140mm gun.

http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Macabee ... n.jpg.html
Viker for ingen!

GARGEAN
Brigadier

Postby GARGEAN » Tue 4 Oct 2016 14:18

Mighty_Zuk wrote: USSR should get any tank armed with a 152mm gun (despite these not being functional tanks)
[/color]

Lol again. Further and further into ignorance...

Mighty_Zuk
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Mighty_Zuk » Tue 4 Oct 2016 14:36

GARGEAN wrote:
Mighty_Zuk wrote: USSR should get any tank armed with a 152mm gun (despite these not being functional tanks)
[/color]

Lol again. Further and further into ignorance...

Call me ignorant but deny the Soviet projects for 152mm armed tanks. Sure mate. sure.

Try googling Object 195. It's the most recent one.

Gorganhound
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Gorganhound » Tue 4 Oct 2016 14:52

UK is missing things like Starburst, AMRAAM's sea harrier, Phantoms, Bucaneer and GR.4 tornado, Rapier FSB and then theres things like the warrior VERDI which could be added. So yes each faction has units that are missing for it. But they don't absolutely need.

You can still support Isreal without trying to defend everything about them or shut down other factions comments >.>

((not coming at this from a UK fanboy perspective <- of which I am, just UK is what I know the most about))

GARGEAN
Brigadier

Postby GARGEAN » Tue 4 Oct 2016 14:56

Mighty_Zuk wrote:Call me ignorant but deny the Soviet projects for 152mm armed tanks. Sure mate. sure.

Googling 195... Yeap, definitely in need, cause I know nothing about it.

Demonicjapsel
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Demonicjapsel » Tue 4 Oct 2016 15:00

Gorganhound wrote:UK is missing things like Starburst, AMRAAM's sea harrier, Phantoms, Bucaneer and GR.4 tornado, Rapier FSB and then theres things like the warrior VERDI which could be added. So yes each faction has units that are missing for it. But they don't absolutely need.

You can still support Isreal without trying to defend everything about them or shut down other factions comments >.>

((not coming at this from a UK fanboy perspective <- of which I am, just UK is what I know the most about))

pretty much this,

although the UK is in rather good shape, its far better then the German airtab or the North Koreans in General (which should iMHO, have a completely reworked infantry and support tab)

But knowing Zhuk from the AW forums, its nearly useless to argue with him, because he will never admit he's wrong...

APSinc
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby APSinc » Tue 4 Oct 2016 15:06

another505 wrote:
kiheerSEDMAN wrote:
another505 wrote:sure there is, it can actually take some missiles and not die

Mi-24 are fine as 10 hp individually, but it is terrible for Tactical Outplay, but then, 6 HP works too,

Leave at it is, changing it 8HP also means a lot of prices changes when the Hinds are used everywhere....
There is no more justifiable survivablity in 10 HP that 8 HP doesn't already provide. It will still eat a Roland missile just fine.

They aren't fine at 10 HP. Doubling down on armor and HP is both not great for balance nor is it that realistic.

Price changes are a good thing. Makes more Hinds less expensive.

how about the other 10HP helo like Phrog and Chinook? 8HP? i doubt they are just as justifiable to have 10 HP

No one really shown me a reason how it being 10 HP is murdering everyone. It doesnt die to SPAAG and 4HE missiles as fast, but it is just more survivable in getting away. I dont see how it isn't balance, and realism wise, all helo and planes are already not realistic in HP wise.

sure, if eugen is willing.
A hind can tank a Buk missile, for goodness sake! No helicopter, Chinook, Ch-53, or Hind should be able to do that. A 800kg missile (?) vs a helicopter on a confirmed hit... Hmm.

Sure, planes do it too, but I don't get 10 planes per card and they can't take ground either.

Mighty_Zuk
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Mighty_Zuk » Tue 4 Oct 2016 15:14

Gorganhound wrote:UK is missing things like Starburst, AMRAAM's sea harrier, Phantoms, Bucaneer and GR.4 tornado, Rapier FSB and then theres things like the warrior VERDI which could be added. So yes each faction has units that are missing for it. But they don't absolutely need.

Read my comment better next time.
My whole point was that these countries aren't missing on anything that would noticeably change their gameplay.

Mighty_Zuk
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Mighty_Zuk » Tue 4 Oct 2016 15:16

GARGEAN wrote:
Mighty_Zuk wrote:Call me ignorant but deny the Soviet projects for 152mm armed tanks. Sure mate. sure.

Googling 195... Yeap, definitely in need, cause I know nothing about it.

Well I'm sure you'll find plenty of info. Good luck ;)

Mister Maf
Lieutenant

Postby Mister Maf » Tue 4 Oct 2016 15:16

This would break precedent, but what if the Hind was changed to 9 HP instead of 8? Then it would be destroyed by 1 hit from a 9 HE heavy SAM, 1 hit each from a 5 HE and 4 HE medium SAM, or 2 hits from a 4 HE SAM plus a little damage from a SPAAG. (Or, gods save someone actually using a 3 HE SAM, 3 hits.) However, it would still survive 2 hits from a 4 HE SAM alone.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”