Bug/Inconsistency Thread.

Hartmann
Lieutenant

Re: Bug/Inconsistency Thread.

Postby Hartmann » Sat 3 Dec 2016 23:11

Markenzwieback wrote:Finnish Telakhr 84 (120mm mortar) is not available to motorized deck. All other 120mm mortars are.

Finnish Jet Ranger (exceptional recon helicopter) is available to Airborne only. Not sure whether intentional or not...

Adding to the mortars thing,

The 160mm Makmat is available to Israel motorized, but the Finnish 160mm Telakrh 66 is not available in motorized.

geronimonimo
Sergeant First-Class

Postby geronimonimo » Sun 4 Dec 2016 06:09

I'd like to mention the Charioteer's armor for inconsistency. It has 5 points of frontal armor for about 60mm when the Stug has 3 for 80mm. In fact, the Charioteer overmatches the M-47's armor by 1 point, when the latter's definitely got more effective armor.
Last edited by geronimonimo on Sun 4 Dec 2016 06:45, edited 1 time in total.

geronimonimo
Sergeant First-Class

Postby geronimonimo » Sun 4 Dec 2016 06:41

About the M-84AN, I mentioned in another post that tanks like the Magach 7 should be removed from motorized decks (it has since been removed). But the former being a recon unit... I really don't know how to take it... It definitely needs to be in mechanized decks, but I've got split opinions as to whether it should stay in the motorized decks since it's a recon unit and reconnaissance is meant to be an asset of motorized decks. What do you guys think?

Lindwurm
Master Sergeant

Postby Lindwurm » Sun 4 Dec 2016 10:25

Wrong modelling :
1. Finnish ITO 86M have M/39 in their stats, but riflemen are modelled with some kind of AK or other assault rifle.
2. Yugoslavian M90 SAVA SAM uses same chasis as Soviet Strela-10, but IRL it was mount on Yugoslavian M80 IFV chasis.

damoj
Command Sergeant Major

Postby damoj » Sun 4 Dec 2016 11:29

Czech AGS-17 teams cannot be taken in BVP transports. Czech Pancerovniki can.

Finnish ATGM, MANPAD teams can be taken in BMPs.

Israel can bring in their Mk19 AGL teams in all their armoured transports, including the Merkava.

Why CSSR's AGL comparatively nerfed in this regard? I don't see a reason for it. their BVP-2s are no more potent than the other transports listed here.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Sun 4 Dec 2016 13:43

Lindwurm wrote:Wrong modelling :
2. Yugoslavian M90 SAVA SAM uses same chasis as Soviet Strela-10, but IRL it was mount on Yugoslavian M80 IFV chasis.

Actually, the model isn't all that off, it is changed sufficiently... It's just the texture that's bad :)
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

Lindwurm
Master Sergeant

Postby Lindwurm » Sun 4 Dec 2016 13:49

For me it looks just like Strela-10, or it was a sarcasm?

smyljr
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby smyljr » Sun 4 Dec 2016 15:18

eR_Spectre wrote:A 32A Lansen is seriously overpriced when compared with CF-104. As both are available for Scandi coaliton and have almost identical stats (CF-104 has actually +10 ECM...), there is no use for Lansen. It needs to be 60 or 65 pts (and yes, I consider this to be inconsistency, not a balance issue).
NPLM.jpg

i would line to gove a shout out to all plane cannons where the accuracy is not equal to the stabilizer.

always weirds me out to think of a plane not shooting while moving. lansen is one such plane. not a single feature better than the cf104, except stationary accuracy.
:mid-match connecting(matchmaking), LoS bubble(Ruse), interchangeable loadouts, moving in formations different ranges for altitudes, 1$ price increments, tank/copter ecm, 5/6 weapon slots, and 10 player deathmatch nukemode

Narcissistic Black
Major

Postby Narcissistic Black » Sun 4 Dec 2016 16:27

@Integ3r

Spoiler : :
integ3r wrote:Some info on STRV-103D from swedish armor museum (doesn't exist anymore apparently).
The wikipedia mentions thermals but I guess that isn't good enough.
http://web.archive.org/web/200802100410 ... museet.se/

Camera visible on top.

The text reads:
"This is strv 103D[..]The large can near the tank commanders seat is IRV for night-shooting."
In swedish IRV means "Infraröd-Värme", which means "infrared-heat". I found someone using the term:
http://forum.skalman.nu/viewtopic.php?t=28547

Where the pic was found.
http://web.archive.org/web/201008141420 ... ll/103.htm

So that's quite definitive I think.

And while we're on the subject it mentions 103C got a stronger diesel engine.

You're Right very definitive. Thank you and Added.

@Rabidpalidinski

Rabidpalidinski wrote:The M325 Patrol is completely silent, not sure if the other versions are bugged though.

Mine makes all noises it should be making the engine,guns,orders all work.

@Stillehavet

Stillehavet wrote:
Narcissistic Black wrote:
Stillehavet wrote:NK's Bibanchungpo is wrong, equipment or caliber. in NK, "Bibanchungpo" is normal name which means recoilless gun, but it also means mainly 82mm B-10 and 107mm B-11. So it is also correct using Type 56 or SPG-9 not B-10(Type 56 was already turned to militia's weapon so this would be not competitve). But if Bibanchungpo is Type 56, caliber doesn't match and SPG-9, name doesn't match.

None of the militia tropps carry Recoiless rifles?

I think uve got wrong... I mean Type 56 is already retired weaponary in DPRK, not adding RR for Militia. Then the most approriate one for Bibanchungpo is 82mm B-10, or second one is 73mm SPG-9.

While If that true i argee it should be changed thats not realyl a bug or inconsistancy as Eugne intentionally added the Type 56RR. You'll have to make a thread about that and you'll have my +1 Blessing once I see it.

US Delta Force carry a CGM2 on their model when it should be a M72 LAW.

UK SBS model hasn`t CG M2, but he has M72 LAW.

ROK Haebyung '90 carry a AT4 on their model when it should be a Pzf-3

DDR Kampfschwimmer model hasn`t RPG-18.

Added.

@D-man9000

d-man9000 wrote:Was the A-10's primary weapon ever changed back to the cannon?

Originally, after firing off all of the mavericks, it would continue to operate until it was EVAC Bingo. After the Netherlands or Israel patch, it would EVAC Winchester immediately after dumping it's last Maverick. The A-10 is obviously still dangerous with it's cannon.

I've been playing with Auto-evac winchester disabled for this reason. I'd like to re-enable it. I know I've brought it up before, I just don't know if it's been resolved. Or heck, maybe this is intended and that's cool too.

Maybe its intentional? Other ATGM plane dip after they launch their missiles? including SU-25

@Icehawk

icehawk308 wrote:DDR T-72M intro date needs to be 1983 (not 86), matters for us Cat B players :ugeek:

Wrong introducing Date for T-72M
Date in Game: 1986
Correct Date: 1983

*The first 30 T-72M were buy in 1983 direct from the Sovjet Union.
The next batch came in 1985. 1986 was the date, were the serial import of Polish- and Czechoslovakian made T-72M began.
Source:
Siegert,Hanske; Kampfpanzer der NVA

viewtopic.php?f=155&t=58891

Quoting someone else on the forum isnt proof. Unless its Madmat.

Mainly because he didnt provide proof either.

@Canute

Canute wrote:
Canute wrote:
Narcissistic Black wrote:
Proof? When i looked up NM45 on google it broung up the Oerlikon 20

Posted a reference in the Scandinavian thread, but should have copied it here. My mistake.

And where did you see an Oerlikon reference? I can't find any such, except on pages that link back to Wargame.

The NM45 - the Norwegian support tab light AA autocannon mounted on a flatbed Scania truck - is a Rheinmetall Mk20 Rh 202. The very first hit when googling "NM45" is from the Norwegian Army NM45 technical manual (http://www.kvf.no/vaapen.php?type=Kanon&weaponid=KA0005). It's in Norwegian, but you should be able to make out "Rheinmetall" as the producer.
If you work your way through the main description, in the fifth paragraph you'll see the weapon referred to as "MK 20-DM5". That's a variant of the MK 20 Rh 202, and is not difficult to find independent confirmation for.

Can find more, but that'll have to be for tomorrow. =)

Turns out non-anecdotal evidence on obscure pre-1975 weapons systems is hard to come by. Who would have thought it. All anecdotal evidence that I've come across appears to confirm that the NM45 was created by the Norwegian Kongsberg Weapons Factory by combining a Rheinmetall MK 20 Rh 202 gun with a Kongsberg designed portable mount. It was introduced in the army in 1972, as a replacement of the WW2-vintage Bofors 40mm L/60. This is all confirmed by the above linked source, which is copied from the original army technical manual for the NM45. Kongsberg also placed the same Rh 202 gun on different mountings to produce fixed AA for the navy's coastal fortifications, and the gun turret for the army's NM135 IFV (which is correctly described as an Rh 202 in game).

The abovementioned source should probably be enough to justify putting the NM45 into the bug list. This has started to bug me, however, and I have written to Kongsberg to ask if they can confirm the original make of the NM45 gun.

PS.
And, seriously, where did you find an Oerlikon reference? I've not seen anything of the sort, and I've spent a bit of time on this now. =)

All I did was type NM45 Anti Air into google and the first link is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oerlikon_20_mm_cannon for me anyways..

That doesn't matter though as im acepting your proof as i cant find anythigng that disputes it. Sorry for making that such a chore just trying to make sure the right info is getting along.

Added.

@Fade2Gray

Fade2Gray wrote:RL-4M PRACKA shows up under "Air Defense: Guns" filter instead of the missile one.

Added.

@Greyhound

Greyhound wrote:Finnish "15 men squad" have the 10 man model.

Added.

@JoonasTo

JoonasTo wrote:XA-180 KOPA is classified as a tracked vehicle in the armoury

picture

Added. Thanks for pic.

@ProtzY

ProtzY wrote:Finnish and Yugo command infantry are available in basic tracked APCs (BTR-50 and M-60P/PB) unlike any other nation ingame.

While I agree about the BTR-50. There are other units in the BTR-60PB which include NK,DDR &SOV. Poland and Czech dont have the BTR-60PB.

Added the BTR-50

ProtzY wrote:Finnish and Yugo command infantry are available in basic tracked APCs (BTR-50 and M-60P/PB) unlike any other nation ingame.

While I agree about the BTR-50. There are other units in the BTR-60PB which include NK,DDR &SOV. Poland and Czech dont have the BTR-60PB.

Added the BTR-50.

As for Yugoslavia.. Idk because UK has FV44332,Denmark has M/113A1 & M/113G,Dutch have AMX-PRI & YPR-765-50,Israel has Bardelas & Zelda. So maybe Madmat can answer?

@Arg0n

Arg0n wrote:The primary weapons should be the other way around

Added.

Same price, but one is clearly better than the other (5% more acc, secondary, more autonomy)

I see what your saying but the chinese recon tank has 40% acc and 1 more RoF than that tank and its 30 points. I think its just one of those units that doenst have a spot in either catagory.

The MP-44 is classified as an SMG, when it is an AR, is this accidental or on purpose?

I have no idea. It sohuld be classified as an Assualt Rifle. As for the carbine stats I dont know.

It uses 7.92×33mm Kurz which is basically a 7.92×57mm Mauser cut shorter soo idk. I mean.. god help me for saying this.. FLAVOR wise it's nice for it to have carbine stats. Realistically it should just be an assualt rifle with Battlerifle suppression.

Anyways Added the classification thing.

M-84AN is available in armuored and motorized, shouldn't this be armoured and mechanized?

Added.

Generally, yugo specs should be looked at. Moto/Airborne are barren due to transport availability, especially in airborne you can only fill out 3 slots for infantry, while moto will have one slot less should you take a pinzgauer for a command squad or recon squad.

Added.

Yugo Hellcat is only available to mech and moto, as opposed to SK one which is moto,armor,mech,supp.

Added.

@ProtzY

Untrue, Denmark, UK, Netherlands and Israel have basic 5 point transports for command squads.[/quote]

@Icehawk308

icehawk308 wrote:Yugo mechanized deck gets zero helicopter choices :|

Added.

@Rapidpalidinski

Rabidpalidinski wrote:SVLR M-47's M2 is static while the earlier M77 as well as most if not all other vehicle MGs are not. Also, Yugoslavia and Finland have no landing troops at all in naval? was this intended?

I have no idea but i doubt it.

Added.

@Mike23

Mike23 wrote:Fins and Yugos are able to get Command Infantry units in their armored decks.

Added.

@Razzmann

Razzmann wrote:

UK, Denmark, Netherlands, Israel get as well.

They get a 5 point transport but no one gets BTR-50 as a transport. which is hwat i noticed when i checked it.

@ NUKE92

nuke92 wrote:M-80 and M-82 should be 5.56 instead of 5.45mm.

I beleive that intnetional as it would be weird to camber a weapon in your enemies caliber so when they take your supplies they cna use it for their weapons.

Rockets on HT-40 NRZ 128 are called M74 Munja instead of Plamen A.

Added.

M-77 Oganj should be at 8HE (not napalm!) and M-94 Plamen S should be at 5-6HE.

Examples and proof?

Strela-2M/A accuracy at 40%, it has a niche as super low range manpads, let's make it half usable...

Not a balance thread. Go make a thread and believe it or not there are worse manpaads. with 20% acc.

Fix the Maljutka display bug on IFVs.

I have no idea what that means and neither will Eugen whats wrong with it?

Super Galeb line speed to 750kph, turn rate to 200, Orao line speed to 900kph.

Why? If you dont have proof and is this is jsut something you want im going to be disappointed

HT-40 for Mornaricka Pesadija, Gazela for Manpads and ATGM teams.

Mornaricka These are mechanized troops so no helicopter for them. (look at Panzergreniders for my reasoning)
Pesadija This one isnt a unit? So im assuming you mean a different unit?

Gazela Manpads ATGM teams.

I think the Gazelle is reserved for recon troops only. But I opted for Mi-8.

Look at PRG selection, fix names, caliber and stats for Zolja.

Look.. you're going to have to explain what PRG,what names are wrong,what caliber is wrong and what Zolja is because its not a unit.

Believe it or nbot nor I or Eugen can read minds..

SPAT-30/2 FOKA to 2800m anti helo range.

In game its called the SPAT FOKA. But I found it.
Im just going to say that it should have 2800 because all other 30mm have 2800.
but this really seems like a balance thing.

Change Igla-1 to Igla.

Why? And dont say because ILGA-1 is useless.

Raketas price nerf, M-84AN price nerf.

This isnt a balance thread.

After reading through all this I am telling you now.

Please as specific as possible next time.

@Harout

Harout wrote:T-72 KOPA has misaligned turret.

Added. Please include nation next time.

@Youkinen

Youkinen wrote:
Greyhound wrote:Finnish "15 men squad" are now 10 men but they still cost 25 pts instead of 20 pts.

Just to be more specific; Kaartinjääkäri card shows strength as 15 (and probably should be) but in game it says 10 on squad icon.

Thank you. But I had already found it.

@Steppewolf

steppewolf wrote:Not sure is a the best thread for it but I can't play with Yugo decks I make, when I am in spawn I get only a Soviet UAZ as CV, nothing else although I saved the deck and it's shown in lobby with name but no flag. This happens after I restarted the game after download, than restarted again.

I can only play with an imported deck from a friend.

While that is a bug I can't really post a fix about it thats best to contact Eugen directly maybe in tech support? or PM Madmat

@Markenzwieback

Markenzwieback wrote:BM-30 Smerch and M-87 Orkan are both available to motorized decks since the recent patch (instead of being locked to support only).

The Super Galeb has an availability of 0/0/2/0/0, while respective ATGM planes with 2x30AP missiles and F&F are set at 0/2/0/0/1 (see Serie 30, Kahu).

Do you have proof or at least another unit to compaire it to about why is should be locked away in support?

Added the Super Galeb change.

@Kvasius

kvasius wrote:Image
Leichte Schutzen have their Shock accuracy, but lack the stabilizer.

Added.

@MarkenzieBack

Markenzwieback wrote:The Past Izvidjac (Yugoslav recon Spaag) is available to mechanized. Wheeled recon AA was removed from mechanized (VBL Mistral) or never got the mechanized tag (RAM TCM), so this one shouldn't be in mechanized.

Added.

@argybargy

argybargy wrote:Image Image

I thought transports weren't priced with the infantry they come in in mind? Surely an inconsistency. Because if that's a thing now I think it's time to price buff Bradleys and all of the USSR BMP line. And Strela Busses.

Added.

@Markenzwieback

Markenzwieback wrote:Availability of the Finnish and Chinese recoilless rifle teams doesn't match (Finnish unit has significantly higher avail), despite them being very similar (if not practically identical) units.

Added.

@Wolf In Arms

I need sleep and will update more later. I stop on page 32. So if I didnt get to your comment year don't freakout.
The First Narcissist
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Sun 4 Dec 2016 16:38

Narcissistic Black wrote:-snip-

About the Smerch and Orkan: Just look at the M270 Cluster and M270 ATACMS availability. All of those are locked to Support. So either mechanized and armored get all M270 variants (including cluster and ATACMS), or the Smerch and Orkan go back to Support only. Easy as it is.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”