Over-performing Israeli Units Thread

codextero
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Over-performing Israeli Units Thread

Postby codextero » Tue 11 Oct 2016 20:19

Sgt._Pepper wrote:
codextero wrote:F-117, Patriot, ATACMS, and F-111C are also proto for gameplay reason.

Another one is KMS which was moved to 1992 so mixed blue doesn't have a super heavy.

Sure, but without DM-53 it's only getting 19 AP, which makes it not a superheavy.

And just KWS would lose 1 AV, since the 2A5 proper has better turret composites as well as the wedges.

AndyWormhole
Corporal

Postby AndyWormhole » Tue 11 Oct 2016 23:18

I honestly don't get why mixed blue mech is considered to be that op. It only became competitive again due to the merk2a. And i don't want to trivialise how overperforming that tank is considering the cost and that you get two cards on veteran. But one unit just doesn't makes a deck op. From my perspective it's a bit like a gamble. On "Hell in a very small place" it obviously perform extremely good like any mech deck, on Punjin Valley it's strong if you succeed to gain some key positions, on Paddy Field, Nuclear Winter and Mud Fight it's at the most decent due to the lack of a super heavy. I would suggest to general price nerf the merk2a by 10-15p and make shayetet 13 only aviable in anafa for mech.

Mako
General

Postby Mako » Tue 11 Oct 2016 23:47

terror51247 wrote:
codextero wrote:
Mako wrote:*cluster planes weep quietly in the hangar*

well obviously the answer is higher cluster plane AP, and I think that would be better for the game, and marginalized cluster arty at the same time.

I really like the BK-90 on the AJ-37, and I would like to see bombs like that on more planes. The BK-90 kill 1 TAV in one hit, which makes it exceptional for SEAD work since it kills just about every AA unit in one hit.

Stuff like mjolnir erase heavies more expensive than their carrier in one run just by having the user click on the tanks.We dont need any more of those cancers in the game.

Gonna have to agree with that.

Though Mjolnir in particular is dodgeable pretty easily, so it's not like the LGBs that were a 100% kill if they got into range before being shot down. (And are now garbage)

Edit:

Razzmann wrote:Cluster bombs are far from cancerous. The Viggen can easily kill any superheavy at full health, but it takes both skill and luck to hit well with them.

[/quote

I think the big problem is buffing the wide area carpet clusterbombers to not be bad, without them killing everything.

I'm not convinced they're awful currently, though nobody uses them very often.
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

Operation Ivy
Master Sergeant

Postby Operation Ivy » Wed 12 Oct 2016 02:15

AndyWormhole wrote:I honestly don't get why mixed blue mech is considered to be that op. It only became competitive again due to the merk2a. And i don't want to trivialise how overperforming that tank is considering the cost and that you get two cards on veteran. But one unit just doesn't makes a deck op. From my perspective it's a bit like a gamble. On "Hell in a very small place" it obviously perform extremely good like any mech deck, on Punjin Valley it's strong if you succeed to gain some key positions, on Paddy Field, Nuclear Winter and Mud Fight it's at the most decent due to the lack of a super heavy. I would suggest to general price nerf the merk2a by 10-15p and make shayetet 13 only aviable in anafa for mech.

The thing is, super heavies aren't that good in 1v1. Also their air tab is very good. Also you have no issues with the activation points whatsoever.

Sgt._Pepper
Lieutenant

Postby Sgt._Pepper » Wed 12 Oct 2016 03:32

Operation Ivy wrote:The thing is, super heavies aren't that good in 1v1.

Wew lad
Last edited by Sgt._Pepper on Wed 12 Oct 2016 10:01, edited 1 time in total.

smyljr
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby smyljr » Wed 12 Oct 2016 07:41

i know images without context are hardly useful, but i figure a visual aid will be helpful here.

advantages and disadvantages of the baz meshupar over the f15C eagle, as the card says:
+10% accuracy on radar missiles
5 points cheaper
-700m range on radar missiles
-10% ECM

the issue i have is that the baz meshupar comes at 2 per card, on hardened, while f15c eagle comes at 2 per card, on rookie.
if i've done my maths correctly, that means the baz meshupar is pushing 81% accuracy, compared to f15c's 60%

if the two were to face eachother headon, the baz meshupar would have a 40% chance to hit on the first two launches
the f15C would have a 36% chance to hit on the first two launches

in addition, veterancy bonus stun resistance et cetera.

i suggest taking veterancy on baz meshupar to trained.
:mid-match connecting(matchmaking), LoS bubble(Ruse), interchangeable loadouts, moving in formations different ranges for altitudes, 1$ price increments, tank/copter ecm, 5/6 weapon slots, and 10 player deathmatch nukemode

Operation Ivy
Master Sergeant

Postby Operation Ivy » Wed 12 Oct 2016 12:36

Is there any word of Eugene when we can expect a patch or how they asses the situation atm?

Demonicjapsel
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Demonicjapsel » Wed 12 Oct 2016 15:13

Daily Reminder Mighty_Zuk still hasn't shared his replay of him micro'ing a full stack of BMP's against a player controlled transport Merkava...

Operation Ivy
Master Sergeant

Postby Operation Ivy » Wed 12 Oct 2016 15:44

Demonicjapsel wrote:Daily Reminder Mighty_Zuk still hasn't shared his replay of him micro'ing a full stack of BMP's against a player controlled transport Merkava...

Daily Reminder that i still haven't seen a single replay where Maglan were supposed to be op. ;)

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Wed 12 Oct 2016 18:39

Operation Ivy wrote:
Demonicjapsel wrote:Daily Reminder Mighty_Zuk still hasn't shared his replay of him micro'ing a full stack of BMP's against a player controlled transport Merkava...

Daily Reminder that i still haven't seen a single replay where Maglan were supposed to be op. ;)

Butter have you seen all that blue on the United Card?!?!11
They have to be totally OP!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”