Underperforming israel units

Illusive
Master Sergeant

Re: Underperforming israel units

Postby Illusive » Fri 7 Oct 2016 20:44

R3d Sh4mbala wrote:Why are Spikes missing as much as they are?

I have noticed that the ATGM speed hit roll coding is doing some funky things to the Spikes. :shock:

I had one game where my Spikes were almost missing as much as Malytukas. :shock:

It hurts my soul every time someone thinks that the hit-roll system causes lowers accuracy. It merely adds a visual wobble to ATGMs, even if a missile rolls multiple misses in a row it can still hit so long as the last roll is a hit and it is kinematically possible for a hit to occur. People seem convinced that the shown accuracy values are incorrect because of an anecdotal experience with an absurdly small sample of missiles. The devs have explained multiple times how the mechanic works and yet the same people continue to spread bullshit about it because they are too ignorant to dig any deeper into the topic other than treating a confirmation biased hunch as fact and declaring their testing as empirical despite the fact that it wouldn't hold up to the scrutiny of a high school math student.

TLDR: Stop calling mechanics broken if you have no clue about how it works and are simply assuming something is awry because you shot 5 ATGMs and 3 missed with 60% accuracy.
Typical Forum Expert wrote:Just because I only play destruction doesn't mean my opinion is worthless!
Typical Forum Expert wrote:10v10 is the purest gamemode, 1v1s are clown games that fail to prove someone's true skill level.

Mako
General

Postby Mako » Sat 8 Oct 2016 02:11

Illusive wrote:

I have noticed that the ATGM speed hit roll coding is doing some funky things to the Spikes. :shock:

I had one game where my Spikes were almost missing as much as Malytukas. :shock:

It hurts my soul every time someone thinks that the hit-roll system causes lowers accuracy. It merely adds a visual wobble to ATGMs, even if a missile rolls multiple misses in a row it can still hit so long as the last roll is a hit and it is kinematically possible for a hit to occur. People seem convinced that the shown accuracy values are incorrect because of an anecdotal experience with an absurdly small sample of missiles. The devs have explained multiple times how the mechanic works and yet the same people continue to spread bullshit about it because they are too ignorant to dig any deeper into the topic other than treating a confirmation biased hunch as fact and declaring their testing as empirical despite the fact that it wouldn't hold up to the scrutiny of a high school math student.

TLDR: Stop calling mechanics broken if you have no clue about how it works and are simply assuming something is awry because you shot 5 ATGMs and 3 missed with 60% accuracy.

But I FEEL LIKE THEYRE INACCURATE AND I DONT KNOW WHAT A SAMPLE SIZE IS
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Sat 8 Oct 2016 02:14

Mako wrote:
Illusive wrote:

I thought FLX did clarify it, that it does lower the accuracy a bit

since you have reroll multiple times, if you rolled miss too many times at first, when at the last one rolls a hit, there is a chance the atgm couldnt curve back in time, making it a miss
however, iirc, rolling a miss for the last round will be a miss

I did a sample size of the ZDF 89 before this patch with Keldon, around 59 test, the average accuracy is 50 percent, not 60 percent that it displays ingame
Last edited by another505 on Sat 8 Oct 2016 02:16, edited 1 time in total.
Of Salt

Illusive
Master Sergeant

Postby Illusive » Sat 8 Oct 2016 02:16

Mako wrote:
Illusive wrote:
R3d Sh4mbala wrote:Why are Spikes missing as much as they are?I had one game where my Spikes were almost missing as much as Malytukas. :shock:

It doesn't take a genius to know that >50% means it hits every time and <50% means it misses every time!!! :lol:
Typical Forum Expert wrote:Just because I only play destruction doesn't mean my opinion is worthless!
Typical Forum Expert wrote:10v10 is the purest gamemode, 1v1s are clown games that fail to prove someone's true skill level.

Mako
General

Postby Mako » Sat 8 Oct 2016 02:18

Although that being said, I do suspect they are less slightly accurate than the value displays, probably due to the kinematic limitations on retargeting, or the obvious factor of losing LOS.

Another's example would seem to cautiously confirm that.
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Sat 8 Oct 2016 02:54

Yeah, the kinetic factors are a huge part.

So I've got it so atgms that lose target will keep going to the last spotted location with a 1 degree variation of error. It's interesting in testing. Most wasted missiles are from overkill and targets being destroyed while others are in flight but only way to prevent that is super micro and squad management it appears :(

Borscht
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Borscht » Sat 8 Oct 2016 03:14

Guggy wrote:Yeah, the kinetic factors are a huge part.

So I've got it so atgms that lose target will keep going to the last spotted location with a 1 degree variation of error. It's interesting in testing. Most wasted missiles are from overkill and targets being destroyed while others are in flight but only way to prevent that is super micro and squad management it appears :(

From what I noticed in Wargame, that the moment that LoS is lost, even if for a split second, the missile yells "FREEDOM" and flies away into the nothingness.
SOUP OF GLORIOUS DESIGN

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Sat 8 Oct 2016 03:20

Yep, every missile has a movement model that dictates its behavior when on or off target. I'm not sure if you can force it to reacquire the target if it reappears, but if so it'd be fucking terrific.

Borscht
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Borscht » Sat 8 Oct 2016 03:38

Guggy wrote:Yep, every missile has a movement model that dictates its behavior when on or off target. I'm not sure if you can force it to reacquire the target if it reappears, but if so it'd be fucking terrific.

But then I can't use my Buks to snipe enemy CV jeeps lol
SOUP OF GLORIOUS DESIGN

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Sat 8 Oct 2016 03:54

Guggy wrote:Yep, every missile has a movement model that dictates its behavior when on or off target. I'm not sure if you can force it to reacquire the target if it reappears, but if so it'd be fucking terrific.

I thought as soon as LoS was broken that was it for the missile hitting unless it's F&F? I've never seen an ATGM re-acquire a target which broke LoS.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”